Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2009, 18:49   #1
Senior Member+

Cav on wish for new deal

Accrington Stanley skipper hoping to stay (From Blackburn Citizen)

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-02-2009, 10:31   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Cav on wish for new deal

Probably going to be a difficult decision for John Coleman. I know his out injured a lot, but I would keep him.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:22   #3
God Member

Cav is one of the golden boys who has enjoyed our rise from obscurity, he is also the team captain. Based on that I would expect him to be offered a new deal.

Based on his appearance count over the last couple of years I would expect Eric to refuse to pay someone who is always on the treatment table.

Keep.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:39   #4

Knowing Eric, he probably has games in lieu off Cav for this contract!! So might be with us a bit longer!!
Old 09-02-2009, 13:01   #5
Senior Member+

I think Cav really gives us something going forward, but defensively he's a liability. He's also a liability in a small squad, as he regularly only plays half a season due to injuries.

If we could get a proper right-back to replace him, then I'd be sorely tempted to let him go.
Old 09-02-2009, 13:32   #6
God Member

Really hope we keep Cav, as I think the team definately miss him when he's out through injury although I could see the other side of it with his injury record being as it is. Doesn't seem fair though especially as the person responsible for setting off Cav's nightmare chain of injuries by landing on him during a game - namely Paul Crichton - has just been appointed goalkeeping coach at Norwich. god help them!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 14:31   #7

cav on a new deal but pay as you play would be ok
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 14:36   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
If we could get a proper right-back to replace him, then I'd be sorely tempted to let him go.
I'm with Tin Monkey regarding Cav's defensive ability, he's forever out of position flapping his arms around telling someone to cover where he should be. As far as a proper right-back to replace him, I thought we had a far superior player in that position, name of Phil Edwards. Golden boy or not I reckon it's time to get shut of sick-note Cav.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 22:14   #9
God Member

I don't know about winning a new contract. After tonight's performance against Brentford he deserves to have a contract put out on him. Captain Calamity.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 23:29   #10
Senior Member+

Cav should be given a new contract great squad man! good at going foward, shame about the injuries if it werent for that he would play really well

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:40   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I don't know about winning a new contract. After tonight's performance against Brentford he deserves to have a contract put out on him. Captain Calamity.
That's a bit harsh - Cav was obviously not fully fit last night - surprised he was even in the line-up to be honest
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 16:16   #12

maybe if he was not on the floor that much last nite it my not have been 4 mins
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..