Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2010, 10:31   #31
God Member

Re: Chairman DON

Remember back in nov he stated he would not invest in the club - what kind of chairman doesn't invest in their club or business ?? When ilyas was chairman he invested in the club ie covered the debts and invested in our new pitch.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-07-2010, 12:16   #32
God Member

To be fair in the interview on the Website there is probably more substance to it than some of the other quotes/interviews that have appeared of late in the press.

It certainly does not answer all of the questions and some of the answers are perhaps not what we all want to hear?

It is probably a "halfway house"

I really would once again encourage the Club to have open dialect direct with the fans.

Some of the issues might get resolved by just plodding along but others are just festering and dividing we are now less than three weeks to the start of the season, a fifth season in the Football League who would have thought that when Stanley were reformed or even ten years ago?

I have just starting reading again the excellent Phil Whalley book "Accrington Stanley The Club that Wouldn't Die" and it is so touching and inspiring summing up perfectly what truly makes our Club so unique which is the pride, passion & commitment that people have always displayed to the Club along with the loyalty of everyone who has been involved in building the Club back up to where we are Today with quite literally Blood, Sweat & Tears.

There is so much to be proud of and still so much to look forward to Please lets all work together for the greater good of everybody with Stanley in their blood

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2010, 12:27   #33
Senior Member+

Anytime he wants to conduct an interview with me for the sky sports column hes more than welcome.

haha!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 08:09   #34
Resting in Peace

Bulls News

Take a few minutes to see how Hereford's new regime is interacting with their supporters, compared with ours. "The meeting ended with a warm round of applause after 1hr 40 mins." Their place is buzzing with information.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 13:00   #35
Super Moderator

Accrington Stanley get capacity dispensation (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Just a rehash of O'Neill's fishy site "interview" really.

However, it may be me misunderstanding the semantics, but "Accrington Stanley Get Capacity Dispensation" (admittedly, written by a journo) seems somewhat different from "the football league continue to be lenient with us". Is he sure they'll "continue to be lenient"?....has he actually asked them?...or is he just hoping for the best?
Old 19-07-2010, 14:38   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Accrington Stanley get capacity dispensation (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Just a rehash of O'Neill's fishy site "interview" really.

However, it may be me misunderstanding the semantics, but "Accrington Stanley Get Capacity Dispensation" (admittedly, written by a journo) seems somewhat different from "the football league continue to be lenient with us". Is he sure they'll "continue to be lenient"?....has he actually asked them?...or is he just hoping for the best?
That does need clarification, pronto, cos hoping was all he did last year n but fer ilyas things would have gone arse up.
Old 19-07-2010, 15:03   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
.............. Is he sure they'll "continue to be lenient"?....has he actually asked them?...or is he just hoping for the best?
He's just as certain as he was last November, when expecting a few more weeks.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..