Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2007, 13:21   #1
God Member

cheaper at nou camp than stanley

it just shows the great british football rip off it tells you in todays sunday mirror that it cheaper to watch barca than all english league clubs.you can buy a season ticket for £110 thats even cheaper than stanley.
Old 10-06-2007, 13:30   #2
God Member

Re: cheaper at nou camp than stanley

heres the link thesundaymirror.co.uk
Old 10-06-2007, 14:19   #3
Senior Member+

Totally pointless comparison. It's like saying that it's cheaper to buy stuff at Tesco's than it is to buy at a smaller cornershop.

Stories like this are aimed at Premiership clubs, not at lower league teams.
Old 10-06-2007, 14:34   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
it just shows the great british football rip off it tells you in todays sunday mirror that it cheaper to watch barca than all english league clubs.you can buy a season ticket for £110 thats even cheaper than stanley.
Don't believe what you read in that 'Rag'
I think you would have difficulty buying a match ticket for Barcelona let alone buy a season ticket.
The right to a seat is passed down from father to son.
The only possibility is a seat in cat 3. a seating area so far from the pitch that the holder will release the right to sit there when his eyesight fails.
It would be like watching Stanley from the top of the coppice.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 15:05   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Don't believe what you read in that 'Rag'
I think you would have difficulty buying a match ticket for Barcelona let alone buy a season ticket.
The right to a seat is passed down from father to son.
The only possibility is a seat in cat 3. a seating area so far from the pitch that the holder will release the right to sit there when his eyesight fails.
It would be like watching Stanley from the top of the coppice.
your incorrect as you can buy barca & real madrid tickets in the streets over there in those little machines as well as at the grounds...done it a few times no probs - and they werent lower league teams either...barca V valencia was one of them..
and you can also buy season tickets, I have a friend who has a villareal season ticket...and he has had the chance to buy a barca one several times now..

but it is cheaper to watch barca than say wigan !
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 15:23   #6
God Member

grounds like the Nou Camp only sell out for the really big games. 115000 capacity but average gates of about 45000?

Its teh same right across Europe, Juventus games cost about £7 to get into for a standard game but yet they still suffer the ignominy of sub 20000 gates when the ground holds around 70000. You couldn't watch Conference North for that money.
Old 10-06-2007, 18:16   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Totally pointless comparison. It's like saying that it's cheaper to buy stuff at Tesco's than it is to buy at a smaller cornershop.

Stories like this are aimed at Premiership clubs, not at lower league teams.
no it is a good comparision so you say if it was £10 pound average in the premiership ,we would be paying £13?
Old 10-06-2007, 18:58   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
no it is a good comparision so you say if it was £10 pound average in the premiership ,we would be paying £13?
No. What I am saying is that massive clubs can afford to charge less than small clubs because money through the turnstiles only accounts for a small proportion of the club's income. As Macca highlighted above, the Stadio Delle Alpi is often less than half full and there are plans to replace it with a smaller, 35,000 capacity stadium instead. Gate income for massive clubs, be they Juventus or Barcelona, is a drop in the ocean compared to what they make through other means.
There is some comparison to be made between Premiership clubs in England and this scenario, as they have enormous TV deal monies and other forms of income and so are not as dependent on gate receipts. They could actually reduce admission prices, as some clubs started to do last season.

Small clubs like Stanley are the opposite. Income through the turnstiles is essential for survival, never mind progression. There is no way on Earth that Stanley could survive without gate money, although other means of generating income are also vital.
If Premiership clubs did charge £10 for their games, then there would be a real chance that many smaller clubs would fold, as they could not afford to reduce their prices to compete.

From your statement above, you seem to begrudge Stanley your £13 and would rather be paying £5 instead. Wouldn't we all? However, in the real world Stanley need every penny of that £13, as £50 million TV deals are not forthcoming for us at the moment.

That is a summary of why the comparison was pointless, as I originally stated.
Old 10-06-2007, 19:18   #9
God Member

see your agreeing with me but once the premiership started having extortion prices other people started following suit by giving the excuse if football can charge that for 90 minutes we can charge more and what im highlighting is all of rip off britain .in pre murdoch days there were more floating supporters people with no affiliation with the club they were going to watch just going to watch a good game and see what the crack was now they are lucky to be able to afford to go to one game.most football clubs have missed out on generations of supporters.
Old 10-06-2007, 19:25   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
see your agreeing with me but once the premiership started having extortion prices other people started following suit by giving the excuse if football can charge that for 90 minutes we can charge more and what im highlighting is all of rip off britain .
I am not agreeing with you at all. Stanley don't charge £13 because 'they can get away with it', but because they have to charge that to keep going at the level they are at.

You can not compare Stanley with Barcelona, however hard you want to in order to prove your point of rip-off Britain. Lowering football entrance prices would not bring down inflation.
Old 10-06-2007, 19:41   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I am not agreeing with you at all. Stanley don't charge £13 because 'they can get away with it', but because they have to charge that to keep going at the level they are at.

You can not compare Stanley with Barcelona, however hard you want to in order to prove your point of rip-off Britain. Lowering football entrance prices would not bring down inflation.
yes you are. i never said stanley are charging that because they get away with it .when people that dont watch fooball ask me how much it is they say..how much?when i tell them.they think im off my rocker .paying that much for an hour and a half .premiership clubs arent lowering prices because they get more money its because attendances are dropping and they can see bubble about to burst. stanley are in the best positoin because we are attracting younger supporters and when the premiership bursts when the paying public see through the greedy merceneries we will be laughing so the futures bright for stanleymost premeirship clubs have missed out on generations by out pricing them.the average attendee at premiership match is 42 ..
Old 10-06-2007, 20:02   #12
Senior Member+

You're living in a dream world. Falling admission prices across football won't be good for Stanley, it would be the death of the club.

Quote:
the average attendee at premiership match is 42 ..
Have you a source for this little nugget?
Old 10-06-2007, 20:24   #13
God Member

well it wont happen in our lifetime so we will never know..well you never know?
the source is the football governance research centre
Old 10-06-2007, 20:26   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
your incorrect as you can buy barca & real madrid tickets in the streets over there in those little machines as well as at the grounds...done it a few times no probs - and they werent lower league teams either...barca V valencia was one of them..
and you can also buy season tickets, I have a friend who has a villareal season ticket...and he has had the chance to buy a barca one several times now..

but it is cheaper to watch barca than say wigan !
I am going back to this post for good reason.
Please answer the following questions before I consign this post to my bullshine portfolio.
1. How can security be controlled by large clubs if the tickets for rival supporters are sold on the street?
2. Exactly how much were you charged for these tickets.
3. Where in the ground did you sit?
4. Heresay is one thing,fact is completly different. (How much did your friend say he could get a season ticket for and where in the ground?)
5. How would you feel if you were sold a ticket in the street and found yourself in the middle of rival supporters?
6. Go to the Barca official website, try to but a season ticket and tell the forum how you fared.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 20:37   #15
God Member

you can buy season tickets and tickets on the street in barcelona if your a tourist just ask at the hotel your living in and they either provide or point you in the right direction...macca i think when your talking about decreased attendances at barca and big european club its usually champions league games because they dont want to pay anymore on top of their season tickets..

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..