Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2009, 16:59   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Chester "3 Figure Crowd Feared"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
It's nothing to do with principals. It's all to do with being a Stanley fan. I support Stanley and have done for over 30 years. Individuals come and go, but the club rolls on.

I'll be there tomorrow and so will the vast majority of true fans, because we support the club and the team. I can see no sense with staying away from games just because you don't agree with something the club has decided is in its best interests and in the light of some careful consideration. It's more like throwing your toys out of the pram because you don't get your own way.
I agree, but also think in Cashy's case it is a matter of prinicipal. Thats up to him. However, the 1,000 or so who have "gone AWOL"...... their excuses never cease to amaze me.......

Just admit you liked the fact we were winning all the time in the Conf. No big deal.

Stanley till I die!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-04-2009, 17:03   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
disagree T.M. but then most people would not know a principal if it smacked em in the chops. P.S. happy birthday.
I do not agree that this is a matter of principle either, but I've already said what I wanted to on the subject.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.
Old 12-04-2009, 17:04   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
The stay away fans will be gutted come 4.45 after we have played chester with the sun shineing over the F.E.S! Getting 3pts and playing some of the best football yet! I am looking foward to tomorrows game after saturdays result.
For those who don't go there are various ways of finding out the score at 2.45, no need to wait a couple of hours longer
Old 12-04-2009, 17:26   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
as tm says.. how can you expect a big crowd and move the KO time then expect a record breaking low crowd.... someones having a laff personally i think we have had the wool pulled over our eyes re the KO time.... Chester have no record for trouble at any game H/A this season... so I wonder whats going on?
There has been a bit of trouble at 3 recent away games to be honest. Barnet where the Chester fans ran through segregation when we scored, Bury there was trouble after the game and Notts County last week where Chester fans got into a scuffle with stewards and police. Today's Chester Chronicle front page - Deva Chat - Chester City Fans Forum
Chester fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 17:43   #20

If more fans stuck to their principles like cashy, then maybe the club would have to take note and listen. But not enough people are cut from the same cloth (shame).

What happened to the good ole fashioned british grit and determination.

But due to the fact that less than 5% (estimated) of fans will stay away, nothing will be acheived.

A mass exodus is what's needed.

I for one applaud you cashy.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 17:58   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
disagree T.M. but then most people would not know a principal if it smacked em in the chops. P.S. happy birthday.
Quote:
I do not agree that this is a matter of principle either, but I've already said what I wanted to on the subject.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.
i rest my case.
Old 12-04-2009, 18:11   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
If more fans stuck to their principles like cashy, then maybe the club would have to take note and listen.
This is where football clubs have fans by the short and curly's. Most clubs know they can do as they please and there will still be fans turning up.
Old 12-04-2009, 18:21   #23
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device. Im not stayin away i already paid with season ticket! So on that basis is another principle, tho one has to make the most of her season ticket as not got one for next year.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 18:55   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
A mass exodus is what's needed.
Sat in your armchair won't help ASFC. Make a stand in the ground, speak to John & Jimmy & Eric after the game, they are almost always in the Crown after. Turn your back, jeer, moan....

Decision's been made, players (the accused) played for the shirt in Grimsby & got us 3 points.

I, like TM, just think your mini protest at home will be pointless. Castigating folk for going is silly

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 19:22   #25
Member.

Bloody marvellous, the only game this season that I can make and they change the bloody time….I don’t finish work until 1.30 and it will take me 40 minutes to get there…..****

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 19:32   #26
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Sat in your armchair won't help ASFC. Make a stand in the ground, speak to John & Jimmy & Eric after the game, they are almost always in the Crown after. Turn your back, jeer, moan....

Decision's been made, players (the accused) played for the shirt in Grimsby & got us 3 points.

I, like TM, just think your mini protest at home will be pointless. Castigating folk for going is silly
Agreed......

I think some form of disapproval should be metered at the “William Hill Two” and I still hold with the suspension option for misconduct; if one of them had put a hand on some girls arse in the office they would be. However, Once the whistle sounds for the off every single Stanley Fan should be behind the lads on the pitch until the final whistle. Slight change of opinion I know, but it’s a team effort and if the rest of the players back them on the pitch, so should we.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 19:43   #27
Senior Member+

Across the country there will be loads of footballers placing bets on games and anyone who believes otherwise are deluded. Just because these few have been caught doesn't mean that they're the only ones.

I think many people are confused between betting and match-fixing. Loads of fans like to have a bet on games and will often bet against their own teams if they believe that there's a chance they'll win a few quid. It doesn't mean that they want their teams to lose, just edging their bets. There'll be bets being placed by footballers from the Premiership downwards, every week of every season. We just aren't aware of it.

If there hadn't been a load of 'outside' money placed on this game, then there'd never have been an investigation and we'd never have been any wiser.
Old 12-04-2009, 21:49   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Across the country there will be loads of footballers placing bets on games and anyone who believes otherwise are deluded. Just because these few have been caught doesn't mean that they're the only ones.

I think many people are confused between betting and match-fixing. Loads of fans like to have a bet on games and will often bet against their own teams if they believe that there's a chance they'll win a few quid. It doesn't mean that they want their teams to lose, just edging their bets. There'll be bets being placed by footballers from the Premiership downwards, every week of every season. We just aren't aware of it.

If there hadn't been a load of 'outside' money placed on this game, then there'd never have been an investigation and we'd never have been any wiser.
that is perfectly true as far as i know, but the whole point to me T.M. is simple, if someone places a bet against their own side, only a fool would believe they will give 100% fer the cause, more so if theres a couple of grand involved, players playing crap,i can live with, but that accusation is summat else.
Old 12-04-2009, 22:18   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
that is perfectly true as far as i know, but the whole point to me T.M. is simple, if someone places a bet against their own side, only a fool would believe they will give 100% fer the cause, more so if theres a couple of grand involved, players playing crap,i can live with, but that accusation is summat else.
But a £5 bet as part of an accumulator? Come on!!! It wouldn't surprise me if it transpired that Cav's bet was a regular thing. Something that happened every week. I have no idea of course, but I know someone (just a normal bloke, nothing to do with the club) who has a regular bet that involves Stanley losing as part of an accumulator. It is meaningless.

Betting a few thousands does sound more serious, but it's all relative. If you can afford it, then 1, 2 or 4 thousand pounds may not be a lot of money, especially if the bet is virtually a 'sure thing'.

I'm going to bow out now, as we're getting nowhere with all this. If people want to come, they will. I just think that a small minority are massively over-reacting to this situation. It's not the massive deal that some people seem to think it is.
Old 12-04-2009, 22:22   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well if its over-reacting n meaningless then why is it against the rules n they have been charged? ya got me beat with that!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..