Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2009, 07:49   #1
Senior Member+

Chester "3 Figure Crowd Feared"!

Today's Independent:

"Accrington fans go off
Accrington Stanley, best known for the 1980s "who are they?" milk advert, fear a new claim to fame tomorrow: a crowd numbered in three figures. The attendance against fellow strugglers Chester is expected to be the Football League's lowest since 849 saw Wimbledon play Rotherham in 2002."

Outside the Box: Fabio's world to cave in as TV shakes up Champions' League - News & Comment, Football - The Independent

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-04-2009, 07:59   #2
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Chester "3 Figure Crowd Feared"!

I'd be surprised if we did drop below 1000 for this game even with whats gone on over the last week,after yesterdays giant effort by the team,with d2 footie next season assured
Old 12-04-2009, 08:02   #3
God Member

and the expected hundreds coming from Wales?
Old 12-04-2009, 08:04   #4
Senior Member+

If it's 'expected' to be a very low crowd, why have the police moved the kick-off time?

I'd be very surprised if it was under 1000 tomorrow. I reckon these so-called 'stay away fans' are in a minority and their absence will hardly be noticed.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:48   #5
Senior Member+

From what I have heard, there will be at least 400 from Chester, maybe more, and at the very least, Stanley will have the diehard 900 their. IMHO I think there may be more than 2,000 on tomorrow, Chester need the win, but the world will be watching in case we field a weakened team. I feel the club have boxed themselves into a corner here and will need to field the strongest possible team so that others cannot accuse us of fielding a weaker side to give Chester an advantage. Also, after reading some of the Grimsby match threads, Wiilliams and Cav were 2 of our best players yesterday, so what the hell, give them the benefit of the doubt - their time will come on the 23rd of this month.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:17   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Also, after reading some of the Grimsby match threads, Wiilliams and Cav were 2 of our best players yesterday, so what the hell, give them the benefit of the doubt - their time will come on the 23rd of this month.
Cav had a heart stopping moment where a clearance was sliced but Kenny was alert to catch it, and, at times, Akpro was a bit more dangerous on their right wing than I would have liked but apart from that they both had excellent games.

The whole back 4 played very well indeed.

One Grimsby fan was wishing they had signed Colin Murdock in the summer when he was available.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:37   #7
K-P

as tm says.. how can you expect a big crowd and move the KO time then expect a record breaking low crowd.... someones having a laff personally i think we have had the wool pulled over our eyes re the KO time.... Chester have no record for trouble at any game H/A this season... so I wonder whats going on?
Old 12-04-2009, 09:52   #8
Resting in Peace

So this story was in the Independent, never looked on this paper as a hot bed for football journalism myself, or for anything else for that matter
Old 12-04-2009, 15:47   #9

Probably stopping Cav and Rocky going to the bookies before hand!
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 15:58   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
If it's 'expected' to be a very low crowd, why have the police moved the kick-off time?

I'd be very surprised if it was under 1000 tomorrow. I reckon these so-called 'stay away fans' are in a minority and their absence will hardly be noticed.
i agree with tin monkey n i am one who will stay away. but agree there are very few folk with principals.
Old 12-04-2009, 16:04   #11
Senior Member+

The stay away fans will be gutted come 4.45 after we have played chester with the sun shineing over the F.E.S! Getting 3pts and playing some of the best football yet! I am looking foward to tomorrows game after saturdays result.
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 16:09   #12

Weather true or not I have heard the the gate has dropped below a thounsand this season but they have added extra on the gate to stop us making history with a 3 figure gate.
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 16:20   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
The stay away fans will be gutted come 4.45 after we have played chester with the sun shineing over the F.E.S! Getting 3pts and playing some of the best football yet! I am looking foward to tomorrows game after saturdays result.
Wrong MCR i will not be gutted, of course i want stanley to stuff Chester, but i can happily live with meself by refusing to pay good money to watch people who should be suspended IMHO.
Old 12-04-2009, 16:32   #14
Senior Member+

It's nothing to do with principals. It's all to do with being a Stanley fan. I support Stanley and have done for over 30 years. Individuals come and go, but the club rolls on.

I'll be there tomorrow and so will the vast majority of true fans, because we support the club and the team. I can see no sense with staying away from games just because you don't agree with something the club has decided is in its best interests and in the light of some careful consideration. It's more like throwing your toys out of the pram because you don't get your own way.
Old 12-04-2009, 16:55   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

disagree T.M. but then most people would not know a principal if it smacked em in the chops. P.S. happy birthday.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..