Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2011, 15:53   #46
Dan
Senior Member+

Re: Chesterfield Thread

Robbery. Full time

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2011, 15:55   #47

Defensive errors? or just bad luck.?
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 15:56   #48
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Thanks for that Dan.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 15:57   #49

wife's just sent me off for foul & abusive ! - what r the spirites singing back to the ultras now Dan ?
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 15:57   #50
Senior Member+

Thanks, Dan.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 16:00   #51
Full Member+

Its not robbery tho dan. Its unforgivable and happens far too often to be hard luck. The players are professionals. I hope they get a complete dressing down cos for me that last ten minutes is worse for morale than if we had lost both games this year. Shocking
Old 03-01-2011, 16:17   #52
God Member

I must apologise to Mick Schultz for the large pile of vomit that I left in front of my seat at the end of the game, but that result was sickening to say the least.

Our football today was fantastic. Chesterfield didn't play that badly, they were just outplayed from front to back, start to (almost) finish.

Indeed hideous individual errors were again to blame for losing out on our rightful win, but Coley must shoulder some of the blame. He knows what we're like, why on earth didn't he bring on Murphy, Richardson or even Joyce to keep things tight?

Infuriating.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 16:30   #53

We outplayed top of the league for 90 minutes, played some brilliant football. Mistake for the first goal but up until then they didn't put a foot wrong. Keep up like that and we're going to Wembley.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 16:36   #54

So annoyin!!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 03-01-2011 at 17:01. Reason: *'s
AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 16:36   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Indeed hideous individual errors were again to blame for losing out on our rightful win, but Coley must shoulder some of the blame. He knows what we're like, why on earth didn't he bring on Murphy, Richardson or even Joyce to keep things tight?
Infuriating.
Dead right, Shaker. He should have reacted when they were just lumping high balls forward in the last 10 mins. When will the bloody Ultras ever learn not to sing that "You might as well go home" song ever again? I know it shouldn't make any difference but it always infuriates me. Two weak links in an otherwise great team performance - Macca nearly managed to miss his goal and spent the whole of the game wasting possession, and Jacobson can't find a red shirt for toffee and ain't so good at stopping the crosses coming in either. Should have been 6-0 up at half time after Craney missed his 2 gilt edged chances and the ref denied us 2 good penalty shouts - oh, hang on, I think he did give the first one then changed his mind.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 16:42   #56
Full Member+

Gutted for the team. Every one of em played their socks off today and gave the top team a football lesson. Edwards and Long especially did not deserve that after seeing off Lester and then losing two goals so late. Same again against Bury please !
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 16:50   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Keep up like that and we're going to Wembley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
Same again against Bury please !
Sorry, but I don't really understand these two comments in the context of surrendering a two goal lead.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 16:51   #58
Senior Member+

have to agree with reddraine,fantastic performance,full of comittment and desire,but realistic would acci have settled for 4 points from the last 2 games?,i think so, no team and i mean no team in this league can out football Acci, its just the physical and ariel defending that sometimes causes us a problem,Its something they have to work out on the training ground,but comes really with experience ( and physical size !!! )
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 16:57   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Keep up like that and we're going to Wembley.

I think it's a fairly safe bet you won't be going to wembley
Old 03-01-2011, 17:00   #60
God Member

Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..