Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2011, 20:43   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Chesterfield Thread

can't quite believe what happened......at least Dick Turpin had a mask!
Old 03-01-2011, 20:46   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
OK, I know where you are coming from, but it was fabulous to watch while it lasted. We really deserve 3 or 4,000 gates playing like this, but Accrington doesn't seem to know we have a football team. Mind you, no advertising posters around town tells it's own story.
As supporters all we can do is keep supporting the team & try to spread the word

The rest is down to the powers that be

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 21:04   #78
Senior Member+

After reading John Colemans summary of events on the fishy site, I have a hell of a lot of sympathy for him. OK the defence went walkabout for the first Chesterfield goal, but the officials went to sleep for the second or were just plain ball watching. The scorer was a country mile offside when he got the ball. To outplay the league leaders for so long was thrilling to watch, just a shame the ref got caught up in the atmosphere by denying Stanley a blatant penalty and refusing to chalk off the 2nd Spireites goal and giving free kicks for innocuous challenges against Stanley but allowing Chesterfield to get away with the same sort of challenge. Am I downhearted, a little bit, but 4 points from 2 games in three days isn't too bad. If we continue in the same vein against Bury on Saturday, we'll murder them.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 21:19   #79
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
If we continue in the same vein against Bury on Saturday, we'll murder them.
Problem is, our murders are like the classic horror film scenario - just when we think we've killed 'em off, they rise up out of the bath again and grip us round the throat!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 21:23   #80
God Member

Exclamation Re: Chesterfield Thread

Just a small stat on todays game:- Both of the C/Field scores came off the bench!!!! A lesson to be learned in there somewhere???

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 21:41   #81
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

The one positive thing IMHO to come out of todays game is that it showed that we can match and better the league leaders!! Which in its self is an achivement in its self,just need to keep going for the full 90+ mins
Old 04-01-2011, 00:21   #82

As well as the Ultras singing "You might as well go home" being a jinx, has anybody else noticed that when DaveinGermany puts our improved league position up on the messageboard we seem to capitulate, We've all got Skysports too. Sorry Dave, but stop it.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:33   #83
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

OK, I'll try to remember & not do it.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 15:24   #84
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
The one positive thing IMHO to come out of todays game is that it showed that we can match and better the league leaders!! Which in its self is an achivement in its self,just need to keep going for the full 90+ mins
Whilst your right about the team playing for the full 90 so should the officials, who IMHO were poor yesterday especially for the second clearly offside Chesterfield goal (pity the highlights didn't show it). And how a Stanley player can be booked for being held by an opponent is beyond me!!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:55   #85

What happened? :S

Me and the missus went, but we left with 5 minutes to go. Checked the score when we got home and it was 2-2. Shame

Enjoyed the game. Have done both times I've been to watch Accy. Don't get to go too much as I'm usually working or Rovers are playing. Going to look out for more though as it's a good laugh and the tackles players get away with is good to see.

"It is better to remain silent and presumed a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 11:40   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I think it's a fairly safe bet you won't be going to wembley

Now been confirmed that the League 1 & 2 play off finals will be at Old Trafford this season

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..