Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2010, 13:09   #16

Re: chris turner

"and until he becomes a team player he will probably be a sub more than a starter"

Bit of a joke IMHO he puts more balls into the box when on the pitch than any other "winger". Is that not team play. He should be encouraged more to run at players cos thats what hes good at and puts the wind up the opposing defence.
He plays on the left he plays on the right that boy makes full backs look *****
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-03-2010, 14:48   #17
Senior Member+

Miles started the season well but hes so predictable pulling back and cutting inside everytime, doesnt really fancy running up and at defenders like Turner does.

Turner gives the team a lift when he gets the ball as he has the ability to run at defenders and put pressure on them and isnt scared of whipping a cross in from the wing.

But no point putting a player like Turner on when we are 2 or 3 down against a team as good as a team in the play offs
Old 08-03-2010, 15:13   #18
Senior Member+

Some good points.

But to drop Ryan would be ridiculous he is without doubt our best midfielder.

Everybody knows my feelings on Miles, I just cant warrant having him in the side when he has had 2 good games in 30 this season
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 16:13   #19
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Some good points.

But to drop Ryan would be ridiculous he is without doubt our best midfielder.
I think that Luke Joyce is by far our best midfielder. Jimmy Ryan does a lot of work but he cannot pass a ball. Luke Joyce rarely wastes a pass.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 16:50   #20
God Member

Here's a serious footballing point tomorrow night if Coley sticks with the same Midfield watch how many times the ball goes sideways very seldom does it go forward with a midfield runner.

What a genuine winger gives which is what Chris Turner is which a genuine outlet which we are crying out for someone to carry the ball past defenders and whip it in.

As much as I like Milesy he has not got the pace to go round defenders he may do the odd nutmeg but he is never going to drop his shoulder and breeze round the back of the full back to whip a cross in, instead he has to check back.

Rude Dog I know everyone has there opinions but if Chris is at best an impact player then there is no hope for us!

Luke Joyce is a very unselfish player who often goes under the radar just because he is so profficient at what he does which is breaks the play up and does not often waste possesion, Jimmy Ryan to me this season has looked a shadow of himself from last season and I think he has struggled a little like Proccy, When they tick the team ticks.

I think between him & Proccy there may be a touch of Gerrard & Lampard when they play together for England in they tend to sometimes cancel each other out?

Who would be a Manager Eh?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 08-03-2010 at 16:56.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 17:22   #21
Senior Member+

Some good points there pendle.

I agree Joyce is a good player and I would have him in the the side, but at the expense of Proctor, which as we know will never happen.

I cant believe you are saying Ryan cant pass a ball, he is always up there with is creativity and range of passing. He is the 1st name on my team sheet along with Grant anyway.

I think we all agree our best 3 midfield players are....

Turner Ryan Joyce

for me Proccy, Miles, Mcconville, Mullin ALL just not quite good enough. Tho to achieve what we have is still a remarkable feet under the circumstances.
Old 08-03-2010, 17:35   #22
Senior Member+

Turner is someone i think seeing from Torquay is a player we have been needing, to run the wings, we dont seem to play the ball down the wings often enough and i think i'd drop miled or procter to put turner on the wings, he would create alot of chances when he gets the ball, midfield Turner, Ryan, Joyce, Grant/Miles

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 18:13   #23
bdc

Personally I think the team looks more balanced when Chris is playing, I would try changing tactics for tomorrow night. I think that playing Jimmy Ryan and Luke Joyce together would help bring the goals from midfield and playing Grant and Turner on the wings would generate enough crosses for Symes and Kee to score.

I don't think Proccy is good enough at this level being honest, Jimmy Ryan and Luke Joyce are better central midfielders. I think Jimmy excels when he is in the centre and he can chip in with a few goals, Miles needs dropping for a few games and putting Kee in may well liven up the attack.

If we are serious about getting into the play offs then JC needs to change things fast because some of the players appear to have hit a bad patch so it would be a good idea to freshen up the team.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 18:42   #24
ROI
Junior Member+

J.C. and J.B. have been loyal to the players whom have put us in a good league position this season, but i felt that we needed to change and freshen things up after the Macclesfield game .I would put Granty on the left ,Chris on the right with Billy up front with Symes and with Proccy and Ryan in the middle . Although not massive changes might be enough to get us out of this blip
ROI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 21:46   #25
God Member

welcome aboard ROI.

two or three people seem to think that Proccy isn't good enough yet Keith Alexander, Alan Knill, the Hill fella at Rochdale (cant think of his 1st name!) are three managers who would have loved to have signed him in the last couple of seasons. He regularly wins praise from the opposition fans (Crewe described him as lower league Gerrard-esque) and managers, has won player of the month twice last year, and is seen fit by non other than Coleman to be captain. I think that qualifies him as good enough.

Perhaps his problem is that he does more than his required shift and gets stuck in absolutely everywhere which makes him look bad (as a striker for example) when he cant make the most of the positions that he finds himself in.

Turner and Grant running the wings and stretching the opposition, Ryan and Proccy pinging the ball around with Joyce sitting behind mopping up. Five man midfield for me. That leaves Symes and Kee up front and a three man defence of Flynn, Lees and Winnard (for tomorrow only - give Sunbed and General Compo a night off).

Oops nearly forgot goalkeeper, sorry Bavs although you've not done a lot wrong the defence hasn't looked anywhere near solid for the half a dozen games that we have won only one of so Boozer returns.

.............................Boozer............... ..........

.........Lees.............Winnard..............Fly nn.........

.............................Joyce................ ................

......Turner........Procter.......Ryan...........G rant........

.......................Symes..............Kee..... ..................

Subs: all the others
Old 09-03-2010, 08:53   #26
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I cant believe you are saying Ryan cant pass a ball
Count how many passes he completes tonight, and count how many of his passes go astray, then I think you will agree that Jimmy Ryan cannot pass a ball. When he does pass the ball he then stands still, instead of pass and move.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:17   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
welcome aboard ROI.

two or three people seem to think that Proccy isn't good enough yet Keith Alexander, Alan Knill, the Hill fella at Rochdale (cant think of his 1st name!) are three managers who would have loved to have signed him in the last couple of seasons. He regularly wins praise from the opposition fans (Crewe described him as lower league Gerrard-esque) and managers, has won player of the month twice last year, and is seen fit by non other than Coleman to be captain. I think that qualifies him as good enough.

Perhaps his problem is that he does more than his required shift and gets stuck in absolutely everywhere which makes him look bad (as a striker for example) when he cant make the most of the positions that he finds himself in.

Turner and Grant running the wings and stretching the opposition, Ryan and Proccy pinging the ball around with Joyce sitting behind mopping up. Five man midfield for me. That leaves Symes and Kee up front and a three man defence of Flynn, Lees and Winnard (for tomorrow only - give Sunbed and General Compo a night off).

Oops nearly forgot goalkeeper, sorry Bavs although you've not done a lot wrong the defence hasn't looked anywhere near solid for the half a dozen games that we have won only one of so Boozer returns.

.............................Boozer............... ..........

.........Lees.............Winnard..............Fly nn.........

.............................Joyce................ ................

......Turner........Procter.......Ryan...........G rant........

.......................Symes..............Kee..... ..................

Subs: all the others
The name you are looking for is Keith

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:18   #28
Senior Member+

But Ryan is more of a goalscoring threat than any of other midfielders. Simple as
Old 09-03-2010, 10:30   #29
Resting In Peace

Quote:
But Ryan is more of a goalscoring threat than any of other midfielders. Simple as
So much of a goalscoring threat that he has scored THREE goals in 38 appearances this season.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:01   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
So much of a goalscoring threat that he has scored THREE goals in 38 appearances this season.
Partly because Bobby Grant now bags the ball at every free kick for his private game of crossbar challenge.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..