Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2004, 09:29   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualtrough
As my criticism was neither silly or stupid it was totally legitimate.
Really? ....

Why don't you go away, just because I don't agree with your idiotic post earlier doesn't mean I have to be quiet and not share my view on how good/bad the post was.
Accrington Web
Old 01-11-2004, 10:18   #47
Resting In Peace

Smiffy -
Quote:
Why don't you go away
Why do you always have to be so argumentative ? If you keep telling people to go away just because they say something that you do not like there will soon be nobody left on this forum and you will have to argue with yourself and tell yourself to go away. Why attack people just because you don't like what they say. All people have their own opinions. Why can't you just say something constructive. I don't think you would like it if people told you to go away just because they disagree with you - and you do come out with some ridiculous comments. It's about time you were warned about your postings.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:22   #48
Resting In Peace

Quote from Redskin -
Quote:
I'll run the risk of criticism, but...........on a fundamental note, is the issue not "Too many Cooks" no pun intended! Who is running the show, Coleman, Bell or Cooke? (IMO) Perhaps we have to trim back to a management team of two!
I don't think that there is another team in the Conference with a Manager, Assistant Manager, and a Coach. I think that Cook is having an influence on the team tactics. Maybe it is time to trim the backroom staff and possibly have a captain on the pitch who opens his mouth occasionally. I never hear Cav organising on the pitch, I don't think Mully said a word on Saturday, all we heard was Cook.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:22   #49
Senior Member+

Wasn't I told to go away thats why I replied with that post

Do I have to agree with everything said on here?

Last edited by Smiffy16; 01-11-2004 at 10:25.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:21   #50
Resting in Peace

Shirley, Williams(Gary!),Payne, Prendergast,Calcutt - when we played proper wingers we were great.
If we can't get players getting to the by-line Mully has no chance, whatever formation you call it.
Old 01-11-2004, 13:55   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffy16
Really? ....

Why don't you go away, just because I don't agree with your idiotic post earlier doesn't mean I have to be quiet and not share my view on how good/bad the post was.
i can't understand who made you the moderator smiffy and who made you the judge of wether a post is good or bad, how can a post be bad, if people wan't to express their opinions, and if that includes critisising coleman then they shouldn't be able to do so without them being told were to go by you, just because we support stanley doesn't mean we have to worship coleman, we'll leave that down to whoever wants to and will say nothing to them about it.

Last edited by knowsthescore; 01-11-2004 at 14:29. Reason: mistake
Old 01-11-2004, 14:02   #52

i agree with redrain we are running short of wingers and missing rory, we have nobody on the right, also one up front??? maybe against oldham in ldv vans or bournemouth in FA Cup but not against Leigh R.M.I in the cup, leigh rmi?? we should be turning teams like that over not getting beat i think its about time we got rid of three or four players and signed some quality robbie williams isnt good enough, his lunge was easily a sending off on saturday, howarth is bobbins, jagielka isn't the best, and McEvilly seems to be nothing more than a big lump, spitting at a player infront of everybody? he should have been given his marching orders, the team lacks in real skill and quality, its been a long time since we've had players as good as shirley and grimshaw, if they were here in their prime they'd turn the current side over. what we need is depth.

Last edited by knowsthescore; 01-11-2004 at 14:03. Reason: i missed a bit out
Old 01-11-2004, 14:15   #53

FAO `Accy Reds` : Ja, mein Fuhrer!!!
Old 01-11-2004, 14:26   #54

FAO `Smiffy 16` : You've dug a hole and made yourself a laughing stock. When you have something meaningful and logical to say I for one will listen. I shan't be replying to any other posts you might subsequently make as I have better things to do so fire away!
Old 01-11-2004, 14:51   #55
Senior Member+

well done.....
Old 01-11-2004, 14:55   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualtrough
FAO `Smiffy 16` : You've dug a hole and made yourself a laughing stock. When you have something meaningful and logical to say I for one will listen.
So your saying you have something logical to say when everytime you come on here your slagging the team off and calling for the management to be sacked?
Old 01-11-2004, 15:12   #57

unfortunately some people have good opinions and share good opinions and some have bad ones. but everyone has their own opinion about everythin so i say we let them who hate john coleman have their say because we know they r wrong anyway.

JOHNNY COLEMAN FOR EVER
Old 01-11-2004, 17:27   #58

Good points knowthescore for once nut when did these insidents happen because i have never seen them even through my red tinted glasses???? Can anybody else recall them???
Old 01-11-2004, 21:59   #59
Senior Member+

Redskin in reply to your point on too many cook's.... I too have for a while wondered how the Coleman, Bell, Cook..... would work??? 1 Manager, 1 coach, 1 player coach..
When cooky was shouting the odd's on the pitch on saturday, I felt he was stopping players relaxing. He should train them during the week and then leave them to it.. I do not think Crainey needs too much shouting at( let natural talent flare )
He was shouting at players (grown men) like they where kid's.. I for one, and most adults I know do not respond well to that...
Old 02-11-2004, 03:24   #60
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin
I'll run the risk of criticism, but...........on a fundamental note, is the issue not "Too many Cooks" no pun intended!

Who is running the show, Coleman, Bell or Cooke?

(IMO) Perhaps we have to trim back to a management team of two!

Thoughts?
Your point is well made, Redskin (my own expression would have been "Too many chiefs and not enough Indians" . . .but I'm no Redskin). Also, Simon , you reinforce this idea with some well-observed comments.

Why does Cav wear a black armband ? Why do we hear three other Merseyside voices shouting at anyone and everyone incessantly throughout the game? Is it conceivable that these non-stop "instructions" serve any purpose ?

Two and a half years ago I voted for Peter Cavanagh as Player of the Season, describing him as "Coley's eyes and ears on the pitch" . He was then ; he doesn't seem to be now.

Sometimes a football club needs a gentle, friendly, avuncular manager to get things settled. Sometimes the opposite is true.

Newcastle United recently parted with a "benign" type of manager and replaced him with an aggressive mouthy type. I don't imagine for one moment that Sir Bobby could have adopted Souness's management style to bring the unruly Magpies into line, but it's just as far-fetched to imagine that Souness would be any good with a bunch of sensitive and inexperienced youngsters.
Good management doesn't mean constantly hectoring your players, nor does it mean putting them in a strait-jacket so that their natural talents are never allowed to flourish.

Patience, the desire to see long-term rather than short-term success, an understanding that there is very little to be gained by criticising your players when encouragement would be the better option, a willingness to accept that you might be at least partly to blame for any difficulties . Just the sort of people-skills, in fact, which one might expect from . . . a teacher, say.

Now there's an idea !

Last edited by Henry Morton; 02-11-2004 at 03:29.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..