Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2009, 19:43   #1
Super Moderator

Coleman's Fears

This is a bit worrying, isn't it?

Coleman fears Accrington Stanley could go bust again (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 16-04-2009, 19:50   #2

Re: Coleman's Fears

Worrying and probably true, as he said with the crowds going down, so does the budget and the results go down and so do Stanley. It's a cycle that will always happen unless someone can bankroll us to the Premiership so we can compete for crowds with Rovers, Burnley and PNE. But even if we get there tickets may prove too expensive for the average person from Accrington.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 19:55   #3
God Member

The thing is what can we do ??? How do we make people come if when we have our best run of results in The Football League and still have crowds of 1139... There is also a chance to watch Stanley for £6 ish per match next season and we are struggling to double last years sales...

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 20:12   #4
Senior Member+

We can not do anything the club have tryed with everything, with cheap early season tickets etc. Only thing i say is that when we had 3000 fans after winning the conferance, the club should of got people to sign up for season tickets etc, but even then we still couldnt be sure that they would sign up for a season ticket! I think the 1000 or so fans will do everything they possible can to stop the club going under again!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 21:02   #5
Super Moderator

What we could do with is somebody who genuinely loves the club doing something to help, like maybe buying £200,000 worth of shares...

...but there's nobody like that out there...is there?
Old 16-04-2009, 21:48   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
What we could do with is somebody who genuinely loves the club doing something to help, like maybe buying £200,000 worth of shares...

...but there's nobody like that out there...is there?
i wouldn't say they have tried everything. sometimes i reckon E.W. has got "Rocks" in his head.
Old 16-04-2009, 21:50   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
We can not do anything the club have tryed with everything, with cheap early season tickets etc.
not strictly true Zorro,

This is by no means a criticism, because things are moving in the right direction this year, but we can do a hell of a lot more with the marketing. Year on year we learn things about how things can be done bigger and better than last year, and this year we have had far more pro-active pushing than ever before.

Next year I fully expect that things like the supermarket push will be done in more places and a little earlier. A synchronised launch at every major supermaket in the borough perhaps? done on the first weekend the prices are announced, with the trailer advert driving around town all morning?

Like I said, not a criticism because we have to remember this club in still in its infancy as far as the necessity for marketing is concerned - but still a good example of how much more can be done to have an effect on our income.
Old 16-04-2009, 21:54   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

What coleman will not consider is the fact some people feel very strongly they have been cheated. i'm near sure more would have been present on monday but fer that fact.
Old 16-04-2009, 22:01   #9
Senior Member+

Ok so if they club had suspended the two players, would another 1000 fans turned up as they did pre league 2? I very much doubt it, i understand with what your saying but i doubt Coleman is talking about the few who did not turn up on monday due to the recent events. I think he is talking about the people who turned up in the conferance and do not now! Just think of the wage and transfer budget and maybe the new stand we could off had, had we still be getting attandances of 2/3k every home game.

Old 16-04-2009, 22:08   #10
Super Moderator

If Coley wants a brighter future for the club perhaps he could start by persuading EW to start talking to Ilyas Khan...because, the way I see it, that's the only way this club is going to progress.
Old 16-04-2009, 22:27   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Ok so if they club had suspended the two players, would another 1000 fans turned up as they did pre league 2? I very much doubt it, i understand with what your saying but i doubt Coleman is talking about the few who did not turn up on monday due to the recent events. I think he is talking about the people who turned up in the conferance and do not now! Just think of the wage and transfer budget and maybe the new stand we could off had, had we still be getting attandances of 2/3k every home game.
maybe so, but the "Few" who did not go on monday are more considerable when the gates are low. also a sad fact is EVERY club gets bigger gates when successful, theres always "Bandwagon" jumpers at every club, no-one will change that. too me its not just the non- suspension its fielding a club captain who in my opinion cheated good fans by his alleged action, was never even stripped of captaincy until judgment day , that is rubbing yer nose in it to me. i agree with wynonie the best chance the club have of going forward is by talking to a guy who the leaving chairman will not, that is rank stupidity to me, since when did talking cost owt?
Old 16-04-2009, 22:43   #12
Senior Member+

I agree with what your saying that every 13/8 quid through the gate is needed but where have the fans gone, thats a question no-one can answer! Yeh it is bad that the chairman will not talk to someone who loves the club just like himself and willing to put money in after eric has left!

p.s what does you signature stand for?

Old 16-04-2009, 22:54   #13
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Missing fans whats happened to them good question.over the last 2 t 3 yrs how meany firms have shed jobs or even closed their doors for good,Rishie wires for one thomas cook another who else in and around the Hyndburn area must be hundreds if not thousands granted not all footie fans and what fans their is not all Stanley fans,When stanley won promotion exspectaions were high but 2/3 seasons of relegation dog fights have taken its toll coupled with poor home form,having said that we've played 100% better this season and with a bit more luck we may have been in or around the playoffs.
Old 16-04-2009, 23:02   #14
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

We can't move forward until Whalley has gone, like it or not it's the truth.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 23:06   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

stanleys gates down, the fans aint going to premier- rovers gates down, both sides have poor home form, Dingles gates up - there having a great season, it aint rocket science, apart from yer hardcore, fans are very fickle Fact. sod all anyone can do about that. Recession aint helped, but thats a bit of a cop out to me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..