Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2006, 08:15   #16
God Member

Re: Coming soon ROOF

Just a quick word about big frank.. (mainly for anyone who doesnt know him) . he is as frustrated as the rest of us with whats happening at the club... he did start by talking about the crowds and he did say he was going to write to the observer... frank is as passionate about stanley as the rest of us.... he works hard for stanley..his day starts before most get up.. I saw him at the stanley youth game at 10am sat morning in clitheroe sorting out the food.. he works at the game.... not only doesnt he get paid for working all day for stanley.. he actually pays to get in...nothing for free for big frank...

what i am saying is.. his hearts in the right place and he is only human like the rest of us and it can get on top of him and after a long hard mostly unnapreciated days work he may well rightly or wrongly blow off a little steam in whatever form.... so lets give a little leeway... your right he should not really give hints about the roof as a director without backing it up... but just so anyone new knows... it can be understandable in my opinion.

Franks mini goal commentary, his substitute name cockups and half time announcements where one of the first impressions i ever got of stanley and one of the many reasons why i came back

PS: None of the above is in any way dissagreeing wiht whats been said by WH or anyone else... just saying I cant blame him thats all
Old 14-08-2006, 08:26   #17
Super Moderator

OK, Mr K, I accept what you're saying but I'd still like to know what these post-Darlo match "events" are!
Old 14-08-2006, 09:05   #18
God Member

Yea,me too.Come on guys,out with it....
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 10:51   #19
Super Moderator

Well, Kiwi John, I guess we're destined never to know what those "events" are!
Old 14-08-2006, 17:10   #20
God Member

its like an episode of LOST
Old 14-08-2006, 17:12   #21
God Member

Talking Re: Coming soon ROOF

or could it be tales of the unexpected
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 17:16   #22
God Member

Well i just had a phone call off Frank.. seems a certain little ****e stirring member of accyweb went running to him to tell him I was having a go at him on the MB .... cheers for that... seems just my first post was quoted and not my second post backing him up.... the call was after both posts..

and yes i know who it was.
Old 14-08-2006, 17:17   #23
God Member

I just hope when it does come that it ain't got more twists in it than the saga surrounding it.

And it dont fall down as soon as the first OH ACCRINGTON hits it
Old 14-08-2006, 17:23   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrie l
having only met mr martindale in the bar a few times,the phrase money talks and bullsh*t walks comes to mind as he only says these things when he has had a few or more as i have noticed but as on supporter said to me after the darlington game re the roof :dont hold your breath :

He may have got carried away about the roof but he's hardly the bull****ter you make him out to be.
Don't mean to step on KIPAX's point, but I want to air my view on this. I've been coming to Stanley for around 10 years now & Frank has always been there as far as I can remember working unbelievably hard along with the other directors - he deserves a lot more respect than this post shows.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 17:41   #25
Senior Member+

fan first, director second I am sure....

Whatever he says shouldn't really be broadcast on here IMHO as he ain't a forum member to deny or defend. Lots of things are said in that bar after the game & they sometimes need to be kept off an internet site

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 17:45   #26
God Member

dish the dirt kipax, then we all deduct karma that nobody apparently cares about!
Old 14-08-2006, 17:48   #27
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker

He may have got carried away about the roof but he's hardly the bull****ter you make him out to be.
Don't mean to step on KIPAX's point, but I want to air my view on this. I've been coming to Stanley for around 10 years now & Frank has always been there as far as I can remember working unbelievably hard along with the other directors - he deserves a lot more respect than this post shows.
Here here! He's a good friend of my uncles who was likeminded as him with regards to stanley, unfortunately my uncle died short of 10yrs ago & sadly never got to see stanleys return as he hoped would happen one day & i was privvy to meet Frank after the game at Chester - he was proud as punch despite the result - he does deserve respect he's been there all the way loyal to the core, maybe passion got a bit much for him after the darlo game but who knows what will come of it but least its recognised that a roof is what we need.

Last edited by accymel; 14-08-2006 at 17:52.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 17:48   #28
God Member

nowt like a little gossip. good job were not on the stockmarket share prices would be up down up down ........maybe they think they are trying to learn from past mistakes like grandstand of 62 ....
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 19:16   #29
Senior Member+

Let's just call it the Gene Kelly end till the roof's here.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 19:27   #30

The Romans had the brilliant idea of covering the open stands with a canvas tent like affair, this is 2000 years ago. Maybe this is the solution to ASFC's problems with the Clayton End. Maybe not!!
fettler is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..