Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2010, 12:03   #31
Member.

Re: community and fan ownership of Accrington Stanley

Here we go.... where's my tin hat.

I can understand the broad view of ownership of the club and the fact that no one individual can claim ownership even under a majority of 51%. But it sticks in my mind that those individuals who do hold the shares; by definition collectively own the club, and this is where I feel that this vision (and not a bad one) of community/fan ownership falls down.

How is a transfer of ownership to the community/fan base occur? are the current share holders expected to donate their shares to the community/fans or is it envisaged that funds will be raised to purchase them.

My biggest concern is the same old dog from last year; where is inward investment going to come from, there is a certain truth from last year we can't disguise from anyone not lease ourselves; we collectively couldn't save our own club with a the help of half the county; had it not been for Ilyas and Peter Marsden we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Ilyas; would you consider promoting/investing into a consortium of local business with a view of purchasing the club on behalf of the Community of Hyndburn

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2010, 01:36   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
No, just got up early!!!!
hahah quality joe! love it!
Old 14-08-2010, 02:28   #33

Doug, your questions, in my view, have been answered on this bulletin board by me, and the substance of your query was addressed during the last bulletin board conversation which is the jumping off point for this current initiative.

However, I do believe that at times repetition is a great way of ensuring greater clarity, and I absolutely believe that any and all concerns should be collected so that constructive and positive proposals can be pulled together and debated. It goes without saying that whatever we finally decide to do for the best interests of ASFC might include or exclude suggestions made by lots of people, who may then be somewhat concerned, but of course that is also the best way to build a consensus that can be sustained.

Turning to your specific questions, the first point is that the club has no value in its equity right now. there is not a valuer, auditor, professional financier who could or would assign value to the equity of ASFC. In fact if the current club were worth £1, that would be overvalued by at least 99p.

That is different to saying that the club is of immense value to those of us who care, and therein lies the opportunity and the answer to many of your questions.

In substance - therefore - yes, the majority ownership would be transferred across to whatever entity we decide to pull together and that can be created. I dont expect that entity to be well endowed, so any "payment" might either be nominal or long term structured. To my mind that is absolutely the wrong thing to be focused on since it occupies less than 0.0001% of the agenda.

The key is something so many people on this board have mentioned. That a change of structure would attract bigger crowds and more local business sponsorship. More revenue is the same as more capital.

And finally, i would respectfully draw your attention to the thread regarding a new instrastructure. In puttling together a full restructuring of our club, not only local businessmen, but fans and members of the community would join together. That is what creates sustainability, and in turn, that is what promotes fair and good governance.

I hope this is at least a partial answer. I would encourage you to collect your thoughts and make sure you raise them at the meeting where others can also contribute either to sharing your concerns, or coming up with constructive and positive answers.

thanks
Ilyas
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2010, 05:34   #34
God Member

Exclamation Re: community and fan ownership of Accrington Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
The key is something so many people on this board have mentioned. That a change of structure would attract bigger crowds and more local business sponsorship. More revenue is the same as more capital.

This is the key thing in all of this IMHO, it is not about You or anybody else "Throwing money at it", we/the club, needs to - as you have also pointed out - become self funding, by bigger gates and things like ground sponsors! I know this will not happen over night, but it must start to happen soon!!

On another note Ilyas, will we be seeing you screaming Stanley on against Newcastle???

19 Years in the Football League

Last edited by Neil; 14-08-2010 at 07:19. Reason: fixed quote for clarity
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2010, 20:06   #35
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
it is blatantly obvious that until the spectre of EW is banished from such conversations surrounding 'ownership' then the wider public of Accrington appear not to give a rats' about the club. The same could be said (to a lesser extent) about O'Neil.
I said to myself a few months ago that this season I would concentrate on the football side of Stanley because that is what gives me a buzz. No more arguing the toss and being petty over things I cannot change but I have to comment that Rob has hit the nail on the head and until it's sorted we cannot progress.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2010, 21:20   #36

I agree with the above and have had enough of all the 'talk'. I said I wouldn't return till it was sorted but will be there against Newcastle with the Wife.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2010, 21:40   #37
Senior Member+

Iylas,
its estimated the club will bring in between £180k - £250k from the Newcastle game and the various extra revenue streams (higher ticket prices, merchandise, hospitality, etc).

What assurances can we as the fan base have, that all the extra revenue will stay in the club and be used on the club?

The question is not really directed as you, but more the current duo who run the show.

However, as you are the only person I know who has a foot in each camp (and by that I mean you are in contact with the powers that be), I wonder if you could suggest to O'neill/Heys some transparency, honesty and openess may improve their standing with the fan base.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2010, 22:06   #38
Senior Member+

[quote=DAV007;837360]Iylas,
its estimated the club will bring in between £180k - £250k from the Newcastle game and the various extra revenue streams (higher ticket prices, merchandise, hospitality, etc).

What assurances can we as the fan base have, that all the extra revenue will stay in the club and be used on the club?

The question is not really directed as you, but more the current duo who run the show.

However, as you are the only person I know who has a foot in each camp (and by that I mean you are in contact with the powers that be), I wonder if you could suggest to O'neill/Heys some transparency, honesty and openess may improve their standing with the fan base.

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..