Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2008, 19:50   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Congratulations

And we stayed up on performances before average away supports of 141.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-04-2008, 13:19   #17
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
New £1m stand on the way.
Believe it when you see it, the roof was on its way for about three years.

As for Coleman & Bell doing better than last season. Yes we will finish with more points than last season, we will finish a couple of places higher up in the league, but last season we lost 22 games this season so far we have lost 26 games, last season we scored 70 goals this season so far we have scored 49. Last season at home we lost 7 league games this season so far we have lost 14 games. Last season at home we scored 42 goals this season so far we have scored 20 goals. Is it any wonder that the gates are down and who is to blame for that - the players - the very people that Coleman and Bell employ, the very people who do what Coleman and Bell tell them to do, the very people who play when Coleman and Bell pick them to play. Who apart from Kenny Arthur out of last close season's signings has been a success this season, who apart from Kenny Arthur out of last close season's signings is still at Stanley and you would like to stay at Stanley. Coleman and Bell signed these players. I don't think that this season has been a successful season and if any of you think it has then you are easily pleased, I've been to every game and some of our performances have been diabolical and if you think that diabolical performances contribute to a successful season then I honestly don't know what to say.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2008, 16:51   #18
God Member

I agree that this season has been disappointing in many ways. But not every team can play well or win every week. Its a bit of a daft statement really because every team in the division wants to play better or more consistently than they do. But this is where we reap what we have sown in winning the Conference rather than coming in th etop six for the best part of 10 years a la Morecambe. If we had done that then we would no doubt have better crowds, better facilities and better backroom organisation than we currently do. But we would not have been playing Football League for the last two years.

We will play better football next season or the season after but for many people its not necessarily about playing the best football. Surely we'd all be at Ewood or Turf Moor or Old Trafford if we wanted to watch better football? All I ask is for the players to show the commitment and that is what has disappointed me the most this year. It has been lacking in so many games that it is untrue. But yet I will still continue to watch Stanley except for next season when personal circumstances dictate otherwise.
Old 28-04-2008, 21:37   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I don't think that this season has been a successful season and if any of you think it has then you are easily pleased.
I don't think the season was particularly succesful, but success is relative - remember we were everybody's favourites for relegation back in August. I fully accept I am easily pleased - I'm pleased we got back to the Football League and I'm pleased we've survived two seasons. And I can see I might be less pleased if I'd watched every week.

On Stanley On - see you Saturday.
Old 28-04-2008, 22:11   #20
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
And I can see I might be less pleased if I'd watched every week.
I'm so glad you added this sentence to your post because there has been countless games where I felt I've gone home robbed of my time and money, all I want is for the team including management to show some balls.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2008, 22:27   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Believe it when you see it, the roof was on its way for about three years.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...and-37918.html

as quoted to the press Jeff. New stand on the way, and NOT one of these silly waste of money temporary things that will make us even more of a laughing stock!

<< Macca prepares for incoming flak >>
Old 28-04-2008, 22:31   #22
God Member

link to the story to stop you having to trawl through Reds make a stand - Accrington Stanley FC - Football - Sport - Accrington Observer the bits for me that make th emost interesting reading are

"We had looked on putting temporary seats on the Whinney Hill terrace - which has been up since North West Counties days - like Barnet had behind their goal.

"But that would cost around £100,000 and would be money, really, wasted as it is just a quick-fix solution.

"So we are now investigating plans to put up a permanent structure.

"This could cost up to £1m but hopefully it will be self-generating with changing rooms, new offices and places to rent.

"If it does generate income we can borrow the money although there is also money available from the Football Foundation.

and

And it should give the club a more professional feel. The first thing most people see when they walk into the ground, is that stand which was put up by some dedicated volunteers in our North West Counties days and was good for non-League football.

"When we get a more permanent brand new stand in place it will look nicer and will bring us up to League One standard."

He admitted that, in the two seasons since Stanley have returned to the Football League, the club has learnt a lot.

surely Jeff, you aren't suggesting that we will go back on that statement?

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 28-04-2008 at 22:33.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..