Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2012, 04:35   #16
God Member

Re: Cooky and Leam - Open Forum!!!!

As others have said easily the best forum forum I have attended

Lots of questions and opinions passed from supporters which were answered really well both by Paul & Leam given a valuable insight into where we are and where we are going.

I left the forum feeling very upbeat and as Cashy said looking forward to the remaining fixtures this season but looking forward to next season through different eyes.

I remember hearing Paul on Radio Lancs shortly after being appointed and one of the main points being about supporter involvement with communication and how key they are to the Club going forward and if this first forum was anything to go off we have a bright and exciting future ahead of us.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2012, 07:13   #17
Senior Member+

Gutted I had to miss it.

Would also like to see a transcript.

Good news about Hatfield staying
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 08:36   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
my personal highlight being when Cooky had to answer his mobile.....to Coley!!
Checking to see which players he could pinch during the summer???

Making provisional plans for the Stanley v Dale derby games next season???

Seriously, it's good to read all the reports of an upbeat meeting. Roll on next season.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 08:45   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Checking to see which players he could pinch during the summer???

As Cooky said ( quite a lot ) last night. Players heads will be turned, it's part of the game. He is only interested in players who want to play for the club, and won't be wasting energy on those who don't
Old 30-03-2012, 09:08   #20
Senior Member+

Good news.

We have to be realistic as ever with regards players, salaries & contracts etc.

Ourselves along with Macclesfield pay probably the lowest wages in the division, as a result we are limited to what we can offer.

Young lads, released from Prem/ Championship clubs or those after another year or two that are still hungry, Coid and Kev Mc come to mind, are the types of players we can realistically attract.

Im sure the team in August will more or less be completely different.
Old 30-03-2012, 09:10   #21
Senior Member+

Along with a few loans of course

Hope the Clarets and Venky's can help us out again next season.

The likes of Long, Amond etc have been brilliant for us
Old 30-03-2012, 11:26   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
He is only interested in players who want to play for the club, and won't be wasting energy on those who don't
Intriguing. I wonder which players come into the latter category. It has always seemed to me that the vast majority of our players DO want to play for the club. Many could have earned more elsewhere but chose to come to Accrington.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 11:34   #23
Senior Member+

Good point Revived.

Say if I was a player and had been released or loaned out from Liverpool/ Everton/ Blackburn etc, I would look at Stanley as a great option.

Established in the football league, a local club, with great fans, and the chance to put myself in the shop window again.

That would be my view anyway.

Football is like any job in the world at our level,,,,,,,,,,,, get offered a better job with more money and you leave simple. Loyalty very rarely comes into it, which I dont blame any of the players for.
Old 30-03-2012, 11:53   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Intriguing. I wonder which players come into the latter category. It has always seemed to me that the vast majority of our players DO want to play for the club. Many could have earned more elsewhere but chose to come to Accrington.
Just to clarify the context, he was generally speaking about players who hang about not signing contracts on the off chance they might get something better.

I would imagine most players who play for Stanley want to play there, they certainly don't do it just for the money.
Old 30-03-2012, 12:05   #25
God Member

Looking back at what Paul said last night in particular with loan players it seems like a whole new ethos with loan players in trying to help bring the players on whilst the players give their best for Stanley but being like minded in by treating the loanees well it sits comfortably with their parent clubs which in turn opens more doors.

Everything I heard last night points to one thing which in one word is "Professional" which goes right across the playing side and can only be advantageous to the Club, Support and wider community going forward.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 12:12   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Looking back at what Paul said last night in particular with loan players it seems like a whole new ethos with loan players in trying to help bring the players on whilst the players give their best for Stanley but being like minded in by treating the loanees well it sits comfortably with their parent clubs which in turn opens more doors.

Everything I heard last night points to one thing which in one word is "Professional" which goes right across the playing side and can only be advantageous to the Club, Support and wider community going forward.
Professionalism is summat thats been long needed in my view n thought the whole concept of what cooky was alluding to was very good.
Old 30-03-2012, 12:16   #27
God Member

Apart from the professionalism the other thing I thought was good practice was bringing as much of the clubs activities back to the club itself instead of paying for external facilties.
Old 30-03-2012, 12:36   #28
God Member

I was rather impressed with our management team, feel totally confident in our future as a team & as a club. It was definitely the most open & best fans forum I've ever attended & funniest when coley interrupted at a good moment.

The futures bright the futures stanley!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 15:43   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Yes Dan.

Please ask why Will Hatfield does not play a full game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
The question was asked. From what I understood of the answer, they see him as an impact player at the moment and best used from the bench with a gradual introduction to more playing time. Fairly sure I heard PC say Hatfield will be there next season

Maybe Cooky really does know what he's talking about
Old 01-04-2012, 07:55   #30
God Member

I would say so!!!!!!!!!!!!

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..