Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 09:45   #16

Re: Craney to Morcambe????

You never know,could be player plus cash,and we may end up with a midfielder who can run,tackle and even jump and win a header.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:50   #17
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth official View Post
You never know,could be player plus cash,and we may end up with a midfielder who can run,tackle and even jump and win a header.

very likely to be cash + a player as reported earlier in the Summer.

Depends what part of your team Coley wants to strengthen. There are a number of players here who may be not starting X1 such as defenders Mike Howard and Dave Artell or midfielders such as Garry Hunter , Paul Lloyd etc or forwards such as Wayne Curtis or Matt Blinkhorn.
Twiss_fan_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:53   #18
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiss_fan_club View Post
very likely to be cash + a player as reported earlier in the Summer.

Depends what part of your team Coley wants to strengthen. There are a number of players here who may be not starting X1 such as defenders Mike Howard and Dave Artell or midfielders such as Garry Hunter , Paul Lloyd etc or forwards such as Wayne Curtis or Matt Blinkhorn.
Why would we want any of your players who are not starting X1, if they are not good enough for you then surely they are not good enough for the team who did the double over you last season.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:00   #19

http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/morecamb...ney.4269936.jp

See your point but..... We've taken one player who was released by Bury and another who was released by Darlo and we may take more 'released' players yet. And we're doing all that to try to make us generally stronger as a squad.
It's about where you have a lot of strength in depth already and where you might need supplementing a bit.
We have offered cash for Craney and have let Accy know which of our players may be available. Coley will have to weigh up what he could do with the cash (and your club has gone on record as saying it's not 'flush' with dosh at the moment) and whether any of our players might enable him to provide more strength in a particular position and give you competition for places.
It's also about Craney's own views.
A move to us would certainly be a sideways step initially but we would be (I'd imagine, or we wouldn't bother even inquiring) prepared to offer him more money and he 'may' see our current off-field strength and the impending move to a brand new stadium with state of the art training facilities as evidence of better potential for him to progress up this division and further over the next few years.

Good luck to you and Johnny Coleman (Football Genius) for next season whatever happens, always enjoy our matches.
shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:15   #20

Sorry (couldn't edit original as the permitted 'time' to do so had expired)

But, as a PS

Unless your club has given us permission to talk to Craney personally, I would very much doubt that he's been at Christie Park. I may be being naive but I believe we conduct our business properly (and I understand our officials value a good relationship with yours, despite our rivalries).
Old 09-07-2008, 12:25   #21

A nice 6 figure sum,and Carl Baker would suffice.(but where is Morcambe??)
Old 09-07-2008, 12:36   #22

A six figure sum plus a player like Craney might get Baker away from us.

And, yes, Morcambe? Must be somewhere near Ackrinton.
Old 09-07-2008, 13:11   #23

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...797286,00.html

Deal done!........welll nearly!!!!!!! (so I've just heard from club source)
Old 09-07-2008, 15:31   #24

Money and blinkhorn wouldnt be a bad deal!!
jiffy bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 16:22   #25

Can't see this happening somehow.

Not from IC's perspective but from those MFC players who would be part of the money plus player(s).

There again it depends on being guranteed first team soccer which with 26 contracted players to date will mean that some will be surplus to requirement...which was always going to be the case. Better to play in a first team, wherever, than to play a bit part when circumstances dictate.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 16:38   #26
Senior Member+

Craney is also on a long contract and we could be looking to off-load people like him.
Old 09-07-2008, 17:41   #27
God Member

from the point of view of a) what I believe we are paying him b) the size of a fee likely to needed to get him and c) his form in League 2 for us (although out of position in many games) then I'd offload him straight away. His wages alone would pay two good strikers in and the fee would pay the wage bill for two months.

But Morecambe, Rochdale or Hereford? you're not having him so sod off!!!!

On a similar note wh yoh why didn't we get Perkins when he was available and had intimated taht he would come? Stockport apparently have lodged a £150k bid for him.
Old 09-07-2008, 17:59   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
from the point of view of a) what I believe we are paying him b) the size of a fee likely to needed to get him and c) his form in League 2 for us (although out of position in many games) then I'd offload him straight away. His wages alone would pay two good strikers in and the fee would pay the wage bill for two months.

But Morecambe, Rochdale or Hereford? you're not having him so sod off!!!!

On a similar note wh yoh why didn't we get Perkins when he was available and had intimated taht he would come? Stockport apparently have lodged a £150k bid for him.

I thought he had ALREADY signed for Colchester????
Old 09-07-2008, 18:03   #29
Senior Member+

Perkins was never Stanley bound. I know that for a fact.

Redskin is right. Perkins has already signed for Colchester.
Old 09-07-2008, 18:25   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I couldn't agree more Macca. Craney has been off his game ever since he cam back and 3+ years of carrying a player isn't in Stanley's best interests.

If Craney does go, he can be replaced with more consistent and effective players. The question is, will we manage to do that?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..