Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 19:40   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Craney to Morcambe????

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
On a similar note wh yoh why didn't we get Perkins when he was available and had intimated taht he would come? Stockport apparently have lodged a £150k bid for him.
Gone to Colchester for an "undisclosed fee"

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2008, 19:48   #32

As i've already said Craney is (when played in the right position) a real handful and has that ability to let fly even when he's given limited space and yes i'd like to see him in a Morecambe shirt but that would also be dependant on who they plan on offering as bait

Twiss in an Accy shirt would be the death of me
OLDHAMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 22:51   #33
God Member

its been on Sky Sports all night that Morecambe are in talks with Accy.

.... still the only reportings state that Stanley have turned down all bids for him and Coely does not expect it to happen. Craney is a popular lad in the dressing room and turned down Peterborough who were offering silly money for him (allegedly but entirely believable) so it seems to me that he isn't interested per se in the money, we don't want to lose him, and Morecambe do want to sign him. The ball is in our court and I hope we see a proper deal struck (if it happens), with proper money on the table.

i think Ian is a good pro and would be missed at the club, mainly by the playing staff, but if the deal is right for the football club then off he should pop.
Old 09-07-2008, 22:59   #34

morecambe dont have proper money to spend, its hardly a step up in my eyes.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 23:24   #35

It's a sideways step initially, that can't be denied. But as I said earlier if he's being offered more money and if he sees us as having more immediate potential for progress then he may take it as moving sideways now to have a better chance of moving upwards in a year or two, he's still only youngish.
And your statement about us not having the money shows you know absolutely nothing about our off-field set-up and our board. Our chairman and at least one of our directors have been involved in very major company takeovers within the last year, the chairman having sold personal shares in Umbro that were worth many, many millions of pounds - and they are all genuine Morecambe fans first and foremost.
We're very careful with it and will only do a deal if it's a sensible one - but it IS there.
shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:16   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimper View Post
It's a sideways step initially, that can't be denied. But as I said earlier if he's being offered more money and if he sees us as having more immediate potential for progress then he may take it as moving sideways now to have a better chance of moving upwards in a year or two, he's still only youngish.
I understand your argument Shrimper, but if Craney was looking to 'move upwards', why did he come back to us when he could have gone to Peterborough? That would have been a guaranteed upward move. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:25   #37

Absolutely. Look we don't know what goes on in all these negotiations and we don't know what an individual player's 'important considerations' (family 'location' responsibilities, prospects of first team football all season etc) are.
I'm not saying for a moment that he WILL come to us just trying to put forward a view that it's not a totally daft suggestion (from both clubs' - and the player's - angle).

Good Luck chaps.
shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:31   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I understand your argument Shrimper, but if Craney was looking to 'move upwards', why did he come back to us when he could have gone to Peterborough? That would have been a guaranteed upward move. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.
Must admit I wondered that at the time and it seemed Ian must have really wanted to come back but once he was back he seemed to have lost interest and in a lot of games just seemed like he couldn't be bothered, I know he played out of position a lot of the time but then so did a lot of other players but at least they carried on trying. We had a lot of 'false dawns' and disappointments last season and I'm sorry but I reckon that the biggest one was Craney coming back - he just didn't live up to the hype that surrounded his return.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:39   #39
God Member

See Fishy Site for the latest

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:25   #40
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
See Fishy Site for the latest
that reads a bit like "make us a decent offer and he's yours"
Twiss_fan_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 13:00   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDHAMADE View Post
As i've already said Craney is (when played in the right position) a real handful and has that ability to let fly even when he's given limited space and yes i'd like to see him in a Morecambe shirt but that would also be dependant on who they plan on offering as bait

Twiss in an Accy shirt would be the death of me
Yea, me too
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 13:00   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiss_fan_club View Post
that reads a bit like "make us a decent offer and he's yours"
Something in excess of the £85,000 we paid Swansea. I agree.
Old 10-07-2008, 15:05   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Something in excess of the £85,000 we paid Swansea. I agree.
You've got short memories.

Swansea paid you £85K for him in installments.

Swansea let you have him back for the same amount that they'd paid you to date.

So, even if we offered £40K you still have a very healthy profit.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 15:19   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
You've got short memories.
It doesn't really matter how short my memory is, the fact is that the Chairman said this:

Quote:
"We paid £85,000 to Swansea for Ian back in January and we'd be looking for a bid worth a little more than that to move things forward."
And what's the official source for your information on the installments?
Old 10-07-2008, 16:17   #45

they can have him , might buy a few seats for new stand
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..