Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2011, 20:13   #61
God Member

Re: Crawley Town match thread.......

as with Chris Turner last season Guthrie would benefit from dropping a couple of levels and playing regularly on loan somewhere. He is a decent target man and has quick feet for a big fecker. He has been unlucky with his play from what I have seen and would have come on enormously had his debut goal against Northampton stood, likewise his thunderbolt that struck the post against Port Vale (or Plymouth?).

But as he likely won't go out on loan then I'd like to see Coley blow his entire load on a 4-3-3 and play all the strikers. Shove Guthrie as the spearhead of the 3 up front then rotate the hell outta all the others, wings, channels, midfield just get around. Give em a simple instruction, score - and you keep yer place next week.
Old 31-10-2011, 17:56   #62
Senior Member+

Isn't it funny how two people see the game differently. I know A poster and I disagreed on the Cheltenham game, but I called it as I saw it. It doesn't matter if you agree with another poster has put, people should stop trying to be forceful in their views, everyone is entitled to their opinion and if it doesn't agree with yours, TOUGH!!! Personally,. it sounds like the Bav's baters should put a stop to it, however against Cheltenham he went walkabouts. So who is right and who is wrong? JC and JB pick the team they believe will do them proud and that's how it should be after all they are the professionals not us amateurs on the terrace or in the main stand!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 18:16   #63
Senior Member+

I was there, only second time this season - for me it was a great defensive effort, especially the way we had the beating of their (considerably taller) forwards in the air much of the time. The last ten minutes were frantic but the lads gave all they had. From a long way away, I thought their goal was taken very well out of virtually nothing. Bavs made a couple of unbelievable saves (and a couple of worrying flaps but hey....).

But Winnard m-o-m for me, then Barnett who showed more calm than the others in keeping possession. Long and Coid did OK for me too.

Spray had a thankless job up front alone, especially as Amond got sucked deeper and deeper into defence. He died five minutes before he was substituted - he'd certainly given all he had to give. Lindfield did a good job in his time on the pitch, chasing our long clearances out of defence, worrying the back line more than somewhat and, crucially, slowing down the inevitable return of the ball for the next wave of Crawley attack.

I was expecting a torrid time and from the start Crawley looked dangerous - but they never really delivered. In the end, I was actually disappointed that we didn't hang on to the win - but ever so relieved that we survived the 6 minutes (where did they come from?) of added time.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:10   #64
God Member

Agree with that, Chimer.
Good all round defensive effort, all players contributed to the cause and deserved to come away with a point. As a past Bav-basher, have to admit his shot stopping kept us in the game. Crawley have some players who's standard is at least one division above -their centre half (Claude Davis) being one example.
Professors Coleman and Bell got the tactics right on the day but Stanley need to show that they can win matches as well as frustrate the opposition.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 15:33   #65
Senior Member+

Thats a good point Ozzy,If you watch a game from four sides of the ground you will have four different opinions!!!.
Made up for Peter Murphy,hes learning very quickly for a young lad, and developing nicely,hope he keeps it up.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..