Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2012, 18:22   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Crewe Alex match thread................

The match is live on BBC Radio Stoke on 94.6FM if anyone's far south enough to pick it up.
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2012, 18:29   #17

BBC News - Stoke & Staffordshire

can get it through this link

massive game, win and we are still in with a shout of the playoffs, lose and could potentially go 7 points behind
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 18:31   #18
Senior Member+

Accrington Stanley

25 Dunbavin
02 Coid
03 Winnard
05 Nsiala
12 Murphy
08 Barnett
11 Joyce
14 McIntyre
17 Devitt
07 Lindfield
23 Amond

Substitutes
01 Murdoch
18 Willis
19 Evans
27 Hughes
21 Smith

So most of us got that wrong then ..............
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 18:35   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
BBC News - Stoke & Staffordshire

can get it through this link

massive game, win and we are still in with a shout of the playoffs, lose and could potentially go 7 points behind
.. but it's likely to vanish on kick-off!
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 18:38   #20

brave? i haven't made a game since gillingham and hughes seemed a cut above everyone else and smith seemed to be wide open all day.... have both of them had a run of poor form?
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 18:41   #21
God Member

Happy with that.

Come on Accy.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 19:40   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well 0-0 half time, so far so good, cmon reds.
Old 21-02-2012, 20:30   #23
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

1 - 0
Old 21-02-2012, 20:35   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

2-0.
Old 21-02-2012, 20:46   #25

Well, Cooky has taken a match winning team and turned them into relegation fodder! Make shift defense not working, midfield can't pass the ball or keep it and strikers have lost confidence over night and can't hit the target. Back to hoping we can stay-up some how.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 20:51   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Well, Cooky has taken a match winning team and turned them into relegation fodder!
Have a word with yourself. The rot was set in well before Cooky's appointment. We lost 3-0 against Barnet, didn't make any chances against Aldershot or Rotherham and even conceded three against Gills.

At least Cooky is trying to change things up in order to get more out of the boys.

Keep the faith.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 20:57   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Well, Cooky has taken a match winning team and turned them into relegation fodder!
Are you on summat?
Old 21-02-2012, 21:24   #28
God Member

2-0 Was harm in my opinion - some disagree - the game had 0-0 all over it until a great finish from a corner, after that we were chasing the game!!

We did not create a great deal, but neither did they!!

Strange XI, could not understand Hughes,Smith starting on the bench???

Tough one coming up against Swindon...................

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 21:38   #29

First time on but I can hold back no more.

Wife and I home regulars for two years and away occasionals.

As someone who loathes the sellout of the sport I love I have fallen for the club and virtually everything to do with it. My dad educated me about Stanley's demise as a child during the 60s when one Ken Bates was trying to do the same to Oldham Athletic, my then local team. (old habits clearly die hard).

Having taken a passing interest in Stanley's resurrection since the Ewood Cup game against Crewe in 1992 (weirdly I attended this- my first Stanley game- with my best Uni mate who happened to be Bill Fox's nephew!) I have since been utterly blessed to see thrilling, exciting, creative football at the Crown, sometimes frustrating, never dull. The banter and bonhomie my wife experience at the ground is utterly wonderful. The atmosphere generated by such a small number is at times unbelievable. Its a real community club and I feel proud to support it. And on one level, I feel the spirit, the history of the place, is more important than the results.

Having said all that, I finally managed to persuade a couple of other family members to come along on Saturday. I don't pretend to know technically as much about the game as the learned and extremely entertaining contributors to this excellent forum, but one thing seemed abundantly clear to me. There's been too much tinkering too soon. Paul Cook has impressed me in his interviews since he arrived, he seems utterly capable and knowledgeable and an ideal candidate. But why change what was a winning formula so dramatically at such a crucial stage of the season? The bemusement on the faces of Winnard, McIntyre and Murphy as they endlessly exchanged triangles around the halfway line seemed clear to all.
The confidence they had in Toto and by extension themselves seemed to have evaporated. As had the wonderful atmosphere and spirit generated during Leam's one home game as manager. It's change for changes sake. Our new manager at my work did the same thing and quickly converted what was a silk purse into something else.

My advice for the little it's worth is -don't be too proud to go back to what was a winning-not perfect-but winning plan A, Mr Cook. Plan B can wait till June. And regardless, the very best of luck to you, Leam and the boys.
The Red Darreners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 22:08   #30
Senior Member+

Well my humble opinion on tonights events........

Looked a 0-0 stinker but make no mistake we simply did not create enough, until Hughes came on with 20 to go or whenever it was.

For me we have three main areas that seem to be the problem.

1. Goalkeeper. Bavs confidence looks absolutely shot, as well as the defence's confidence in him to claim corners and high balls etc. Second goal went through him like a knife through butter. Another poor performance, even the Crewe fans said the same. What does Murdoch have to do to get a chance???

2. Central Defence. Toto was better than Saturday but its clear to see he simply is not up to pace yet with League football. If Hessey & Bender are injured its time to either give Willis a chance or play Murphy there.

3. Central Midfield. Tonight we had Barnett/Joyce/Murphy. All decent players within their own right, but the total creativity between them is very small. Hughes made a massive difference when he came on, yes we conceded two, but we actually looked like scoring when he was on.

Postives.

Coid was my MOM without a doubt. Never missed a tackle all game. The RB position is his as far as im concerned.

Devitt. Again ran his socks off but was knackered after 70 mins. Played some good balls in but what chance did Paddy have against the likes of Artell etc...... Surely playing Smith was the better option????

Fish & Chips..........................

Thats it!

Work needs doing, and if Cooky can drop Evans, Smith & Hughes, then he can do the same to Bavs and Toto!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..