Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2004, 14:30   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Dagenham

It summed it up yesterday what strikeforce did we have on the bench
i so evil limping a couple of times and all this about mullers and we cant
bring lutel back theres only damo and tuck and there not really a target
men are they

whats the news on "Wozniak" has he signed are what
Old 19-12-2004, 15:11   #17

Shucks....more bad luck! Must have used up the good stuff last week against the mighty Leigh and Alsager (Who..?) More Colemanballs more like!
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2004, 15:35   #18
Senior Member+

Spoken to Mullers today his foot is a lot better today which is good news and he said its just bruised...

He's going for an X-Ray tomorrow
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2004, 17:01   #19

Ill be preying for that to be it all tonight then
Old 20-12-2004, 08:56   #20
Super Moderator

Let's face it, Coley must be somewhat hampered in his efforts to improve the situation by the limited budget that he presumably has to work with. If we were getting the sort of crowds that Hereford and Aldershot pull in, then he may have more scope, but considering the pitifully low gates that we get (1,131 after a 6-0 away win the previous week? What is up with people in Accrington?), then I'm surprised that we can carry on paying full-time wages!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2004, 13:45   #21
Senior Member+

sorry but is it christmas day on saturday some people may have had to go shopping and daggers where really going to bring alot

but no excuse on boxing day BRING A FRIEND OR 2
Old 20-12-2004, 14:06   #22
Junior Member+

If you play a system for four months and it does not produce consistant results then its time to change the system i.e.4,5,1 to 4,4,2 and see how it goes
gucci boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2004, 14:43   #23

we have been doing recently we have been playing a 4-4-2 recently ever since rory has come back we seem to be playing alot more with evil up front or just off mullin

what does everyone think????
Old 21-12-2004, 10:49   #24
God Member

I think it was a game of 2 goalkeepers, theirs was brilliant at times & pulled off some great saves - ours was not so brilliant (to be polite) & gave two of the goals gift wrapped!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2004, 08:15   #25
Super Moderator

The Saturday before Christmas, flying saucer attacks, a plague of locusts...you can come up with all the excuses you want, but the fact is, gates of 1,131 will not sustain a full-time club. Yes, bring a friend but not just on Boxing Day; bring a friend (and more) for every game you can, otherwise full-time football in Accrington will just be a pleasant memory.
Old 22-12-2004, 12:05   #26
Resting in Peace

I'm afraid the misgivings about Crichton as warned by my Burnley mate at work are becoming all too apparent. I was not in a position to judge on Dagenham's goals on Saturday, as I was on the Clayton terrace, but having seen them on the Conference video highlights I'm appalled. 2 of the 3 were bad mistakes, and even the third should have been cut out by an alert keeper. Dagenham's Roberts wouldn't have let them in, and I don't think Danny would have, either, never mind Jamie!
Time for a re-think, JC, as we can't be giving away any more Christmas presents.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2004, 12:43   #27
God Member

Couldn't agree more Redraine - while JK is injured, Danny Alcock should be our no. 1 goalie, Crichton (if we have to have him at all) should only be there for cover.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2004, 16:02   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
The Saturday before Christmas, flying saucer attacks, a plague of locusts...you can come up with all the excuses you want, but the fact is, gates of 1,131 will not sustain a full-time club. Yes, bring a friend but not just on Boxing Day; bring a friend (and more) for every game you can, otherwise full-time football in Accrington will just be a pleasant memory.
Give it up will ya, Rob has spoken at length about this subject - the budget is based on a relegation scrap & gates of 800-900! Nobody, especially not Eric, would attempt full time football without a reasonable bottom line figure & a "worst case" scenario in mind.

We'd all love 2500 on every week but unfortunately up until Coley arrived we had a club that was "laughed" at. Now when you ask schoolchildren the all seem to follow Stanley (& A N Other Premiership Club) Passionate, loyal fan base will take a while but we are heading in the right direction.................

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2004, 07:39   #29
Super Moderator

Smile Re: Dagenham

Heading in the right direction? Our gates have actually gone DOWN since we went full-time. The fact is that our attendances are very mediocre for a club in our position. Obviously, more consistency on the field will help and I firmly believe that the extra passion and excitement generated by your own efforts will bear fruit eventually, but there's no room for complacency. We really do need to try talking friends, relatives, workmates, fellow pub regulars etc into coming along.

It's only cost me a tenner in pledge money so far and I want to be paying out a lot more than that by the end of the season!
Old 23-12-2004, 10:47   #30

As said before why dont we have printouts for the next home game and place them in local shops (ive heard this ios the case in accy) in great harwood, rishton, clayton etc therefore people now when the next home game is!!!! yes there maybe the LET but many people just flick past the stanley section once they have got past rovers and burnley!!!

So why dont we do this, even if it means extra cost for the club we could do it on a trial basis and see if the crouds increase!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..