Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2014, 23:20   #31

Re: Dagenham Thread.

Well done to the 33
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-03-2014, 23:39   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Not sure about Rhino at left back, as I thought he looked very uncomfortable there defensively on Saturday. Some pacey lads up front for Daggers. Hope it works out tonight.
No problem the Rhino charged through them,just having a coffee at Stafford Services.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 23:43   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
0-0 half time,Murph just hit the bar.
Two cleared off the line as well,Stanley solid and just shaved the first half.
Old 25-03-2014, 23:47   #34
Senior Member+

Well done chubbyman, fantastic support.
I have only done Dagenham once, it seems to take forever to get around the M25.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 23:52   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Well done chubbyman, fantastic support.
I have only done Dagenham once, it seems to take forever to get around the M25.
It does when you're looking for a curry house!
Old 25-03-2014, 23:54   #36

Do a full report later but Stanley were awesome and should have surpassed the Morcambe score.
Old 26-03-2014, 05:59   #37
Senior Member+

Well done to the team and JB. Sounds like we did enough to win. The important thing was that it was one more point towards our safe target.
Well done to the 32, (OR WAS IT 33?) travelling supporters.
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2014, 06:54   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Concensus of daggers fans on yon is Stanley unlucky not to win.
Old 26-03-2014, 07:35   #39

Just spent an hour typing and lost it,I'll do it again tonight ,off golfing I hope I play as well as stanley .
Old 26-03-2014, 08:45   #40
Senior Member+

Another good point on the road to safety IMO.

As others have said, nice to see a few results go our way again.

Northampton a week on Saturday could be THE game.........
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2014, 09:24   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Think if we get 6Pts from Exeter n Northampton games its the end of all worries.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 26-03-2014, 10:01   #42
God Member

Since the corresponding game against The Daggers back in October (2 points from 30!) Stanley have performed an unbelievable turnaround, given the club's facilities and finances. Since the start of this year, every game has been like a cup tie in terms of potential impact on the club. The remaining games are even more vital. With the number of clubs squeezed together in the same fight, every one of the next games could be the equivalent of a six pointer, and the next six opponents all have something to fight for.
Forget the celebrity angst of the PL and it's media groupies, if fans want real drama and tension, League 2 is the venue.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 15:42   #43

Well what a game and a pleasure to meet Exile from Stanley at half time.....The first half Stanley had two cleared off the line and a great save by the keeper to palm one onto the crossbar,they shaved the first half.How Stanley didn't win this game by a bigger margin than Morecambe is beyond me.I don't remember going to any game with more clearances and blocks off the line.After the game I went to the programme shop for a programme for my lad and there were 6 old timers there,they just couldn't believe how they( in their own words) robbed two points off us.All were in agreement that Tom Aldred and the Rhino were outstanding players.Young Gray had a great game and he would have scored at least two goals if he could have kept his feet.....every time he cranked over at pace his feet went. I don't know who sorts the studs out for the players boots but it wants addressing .Naithsmith powered into the box with his first touch after coming on turned sharply and went flat on his backside...surely with modern boots this can be alleviated to a great extent.Whoever said on the Dagenham Board that it was a boring game must have meant he was bored waiting for Stanley to score, in a nutshell all the team were up for it and every single player put a full shift in...the coaching staff must have been pleased and deserve a big pat on the back.As for the match stats Stanley had more shots on target than the total shots shown,as I said earlier a pretty even first have shaven by Stanley but the second half Stanley had much more possession so where the 45% comes from baffles me have you ever seen a game 13 corners to 4 and had 10% less possession.The officials were awful for both sides a lot of blatant errors .THE FUTURE...It would be great if we could keep JB and his coaches for at least another season along with most of the squad as I can't see anything but automatic promotion next season the way this team is maturing into a well drilled outfit.I am still buzzing from Tuesday and can't wait to be on my way to Exeter.... another cracking game I expect.
Redraine and cashman like this.
Old 27-03-2014, 18:20   #44
God Member

If the possession stats were true, I suspect a good 15% of the Daggers time on the ball was passing backwards, as the Stanley players pressed them in their own half.
Suspect the pitch was a bit slippier than it appeared from our elevated seats; it had been drizzling for much of the day.
Only one small negative comment about Mr.Gray, who otherwise put himself about and ran everywhere, was that he and Kayode got in each other's way a couple of times, but that was because they were both desperate to get a crack at goal.
But, like you Chubby, I'm still buzzing from that performance. Roll on St.James Park.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 18:41   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Yep really looking forward to sat, if daggers display can be replicated should snare 3 pts.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..