Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2008, 12:05   #1

Thumbs down Darlo v accy

Read colemans comments in the news of the world quote,john coleman fears his team are heading for the drop.(quote;"there are worrying signs creeping in,we've taken 1 point out of 12,and thats relegation form,no point hiding it").your the boss coley the buck stops with you,if you don't sort it soon bournemouth and luton will be breathing down our necks.i for one don't want to see my beloved accy sliding out of the league.

ACCY TILL I DIE............
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-09-2008, 12:38   #2

Smile Re: Darlo v accy

News of the World - quality publication...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 12:42   #3
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Darlo v accy

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrikaaner View Post
Read colemans comments in the news of the world quote,john coleman fears his team are heading for the drop.(quote;"there are worrying signs creeping in,we've taken 1 point out of 12,and thats relegation form,no point hiding it").your the boss coley the buck stops with you,if you don't sort it soon bournemouth and luton will be breathing down our necks.i for one don't want to see my beloved accy sliding out of the league.

ACCY TILL I DIE............
Not very encouraging, coming from the Great one is it doom and gloom this early in the season,Darlington was always going to be a hard game is there any easy games'.
Old 21-09-2008, 17:52   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower View Post
News of the World - quality publication...

Jimbo T blower
Exactly , and someone has to believe there crap! ^^^

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 19:56   #5

Thumbs down Re: Darlo v accy

it will be chip shop news 2 moz. king colman will live again and will have us 3 ponits on sunday with a 1 nil win. and to you 0-0 utd
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 20:36   #6

if it's crap why print it there's no smoke without fire,why is it some people on this message board won't have anything said about coley,if he's admitting it's bad then he has to sort it,at the end of the day it's his head on the block.
Old 23-09-2008, 18:38   #7

Quote:
if it's crap why print it there's no smoke without fire,why is it some people on this message board won't have anything said about coley,if he's admitting it's bad then he has to sort it,at the end of the day it's his head on the block.
Hi Afrikaaner,
personally I find more 'truth' in the Beano than todays weekly or daily rags - huge pinch of salt taken if I'm ever tempted to pick one up. Secondly, why don't I get on our Manager's back ? Simply because I reckon John has done well with the extremely meagre resources at the FES - he seems to have more personal feeling for this club than most managers for theirs. Yes, I would use subs differently when losing to how John has done in the past - but I'm batting zero in experience as a football manager, so I wouldn't argue too strongly with a guy whose service to a club is third only to 2 other guys whose teams lay in red.Keep the faith friend.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 22:35   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
if it's crap why print it
well if you think that mate yer just sunk in my estimation, i can still remember its sister paper the "SCUM" (sun) blaming the Hillsbourgh tragedy on " Liverpool Hooligans"
Old 23-09-2008, 22:49   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
Hi Afrikaaner,
personally I find more 'truth' in the Beano than todays weekly or daily rags - huge pinch of salt taken if I'm ever tempted to pick one up. Secondly, why don't I get on our Manager's back ? Simply because I reckon John has done well with the extremely meagre resources at the FES - he seems to have more personal feeling for this club than most managers for theirs. Yes, I would use subs differently when losing to how John has done in the past - but I'm batting zero in experience as a football manager, so I wouldn't argue too strongly with a guy whose service to a club is third only to 2 other guys whose teams lay in red.Keep the faith friend.
Curiously enough, my 'daily rag'...'The Daily Telegraph' that is !, didn't give JC's comments a single mention !. Come to think they didn't even report on the Darlo game at all !.
However what was reported regarding his early-season
thoughts in other 'Daily's'and Local Newspapers, seemed to be a reasonably accurate summarisation of the status quo at the FES.
BUT..Haven't we all seen enough already to come up with an identical appreciation of the strengths and weaknesses within the current squad...and don't we all know that if they don't win any games THEN they will be Conference-bound !.
Can I suggest that, as in the last two seasons,and with current resources at the FES, then all we can really expect to see over the coming months is a replay of the
thrills involved in managing an escape from impending DOOM !.
This at least engenders some excellent threads and postings on the Forum. All I can say is....
'ON STANLEY !...ON!' and do the best with what you've got. AND to the guys and gals on the FORUM..
STAY COOL !

ALFRED.E. Sends his best to JC and JB....but doesn't
know why!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 23:10   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

ah yonmon yer talking sense, that will never do.
Old 24-09-2008, 10:31   #11

if luton town over take us. then the king will not go. it will still be king colman. the king will allways be at stanley.untill a change in the board room
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 07:13   #12

I don't particularly care what other people think of me,(cashman)never have done never will do.All i care about is ACCY staying in the league where they belong, and i put the original post on to see if anyone new wether he'd said it or not.
Old 25-09-2008, 11:09   #13
Senior Member+

The same comment from JC was in "The Times".
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 11:51   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
The same comment from JC was in "The Times".
Same owner, same story.
Old 25-09-2008, 12:09   #15

Thanks for that revived red,perhaps some of the people on here will believe he said it.Unless the times is lieing as well,anyway i said my piece before and i say again my only concern is ASFC.I only want whats best for accrington stanley,i always thought this message board was for airing views about thoughts on the week to week events at ASFC,but it would appear that making any comment about the management unless favourable doesn't go down too well with some of the participants of this messageboard.My thoughts are my thoughts And not neccessarily the thoughts of others but none the less mine.

ACCY TILL I DIE .........................

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..