Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2010, 19:17   #16
God Member

Re: Derby set sights on Symes :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I would expect £500,000 for Symes, and another £500,000 for Grant. I think they could both make it in the championship. I hope they stay at Stanley
We'd be lucky to get more than £100k for Symes, especially if his contract ends in June.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-01-2010, 19:19   #17

They might be generous ya never know... i think we can blag 300,000

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 20:44   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I would expect £500,000 for Symes, and another £500,000 for Grant. I think they could both make it in the championship. I hope they stay at Stanley
If we got £200k for Symes it would be a good piece of buisness.

I dont think we have a mole in the squad in terms of our talent being reccomended to Derby its more likely they have a loud mouth scout.

I personally wouldnt sell Grant unless we got a £400k+ offer. It might seem a lot for a league 2 striker but the lad has alot of potential and room for further improvement, plus we can still get a fee for him if he walks away being under 24 and home-grown.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 21:40   #19
God Member

according to fishy site last summer Grant signed for two years - along with Ryan, Edwards and Turner.
Old 01-01-2010, 21:41   #20

keep them .. we got him for free he as payed us back all ready in cups and league so why sell . keep him and give him new deal .we could be in league one next year and played in sum big cup games to come put them new 2 year deals ..
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 21:51   #21
God Member

I thought Symes was younger than what he is so in retrospect the fee would probably be nearer to the 100k mark than the 300 or so that I would have expected if he was three years younger. A lot will depend on IK and what sort of state our/his finances are in. He is worth more to us than 100k so it would be daft to sell him. Purely on profit and loss though it would look extremely good on the balance sheet having turned a 100% profit on him. You'd also have to think that at 26 years old this would more than likely represent his last chance at a reasonably big move.

Grant however is entirely different. He is young enough for a big club to realise they could still mould him in whatever manner they wish. They would pay premium rate for that. £350-400k should be realistic. And that would be money we couldn't and shouldn't turn down. But I also think that Grant would listen to his Uncle Coley and choose wisely should the offers come in.
Old 01-01-2010, 23:04   #22

I have it on good advice that there are 4 clubs chaseing symes, cardiff, coventry, derby, sheff utd, and 2 league 1 clubs,i also spoke to someone close to michael and he said he loves it at accy, and wants to stay and get promo and is not interested in moving,and has asked for a new contract which i belive coley is seeing to, his current 1 runs out in the summer, bit upset to read accyaggro coments about his play,u cant please everyone,
vicburdett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 23:11   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicburdett View Post
I have it on good advice that there are 4 clubs chaseing symes, cardiff, coventry, derby, sheff utd, and 2 league 1 clubs,i also spoke to someone close to michael and he said he loves it at accy, and wants to stay and get promo and is not interested in moving,and has asked for a new contract which i belive coley is seeing to, his current 1 runs out in the summer, bit upset to read accyaggro coments about his play,u cant please everyone,
hope yer right mate, can't see much wrong wi accyaggro's opinion, aint said nowt nasty, just his view, aint mine but nowt wrong wi saying what ya think.
Old 01-01-2010, 23:13   #24
Senior Member+

personally think a move for bobby is far too early ref craney and to a certain extent roberts who have not achieved their potential, however totally agree with macca that he will listen to uncle coley and will hopefully stay
Old 01-01-2010, 23:15   #25
God Member

Quote:
I have it on good advice that there are 4 clubs chaseing symes, cardiff, coventry, derby, sheff utd,

does he bounce? nah, then he's not a blade!

next time you see the 'someone close' to him, tell them to tell him to tell them all to shove their offers!!
Old 01-01-2010, 23:17   #26
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Its nice to think that symes wants to ignor other clubs and repay JC and stanley and sign a new contract!Lets hope its true
Old 02-01-2010, 08:33   #27

I remember someone (maybe Rob Heys) saying that Premier League clubs would be happy with Ilyas Khan's financial backing and that we aren't in a position where we need to sell. Surely we'll offer him a new contract on this basis. As Symes wasn't a regular starter at other clubs why would he want to move away from first-team football? If the interest is still there in the summer then that's a different matter entirely.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:41   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresonlyoneaccy View Post
As Symes wasn't a regular starter at other clubs why would he want to move away from first-team football? If the interest is still there in the summer then that's a different matter entirely.
Spot on there. Regular starts under a manager who rescued him from bench warming counts for a hell of a lot.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:42   #29
Senior Member+

I would give him a 2 year contract NOW.

Simply brilliant............................ THE WONDERFUL MICHAEL SYMES
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:20   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I would give him a 2 year contract NOW.

Simply brilliant............................ THE WONDERFUL MICHAEL SYMES
not long enough 3 yr at least.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..