Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2010, 10:05   #31
God Member

Re: Derby set sights on Symes :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
not long enough 3 yr at least.
An 18 month contract with a trigger of a certain amount of money in it so if anybody does enquire there is a set transfer fee in place before negotiations even take place.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-01-2010, 10:22   #32
God Member

Exclamation Re: Derby set sights on Symes :(

Give Symes a 12 month extension to his current, that is good enough at this stage If we are not careful we will be going down the same road as we did with Mullers and look where that took us

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:35   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Give Symes a 12 month extension to his current, that is good enough at this stage If we are not careful we will be going down the same road as we did with Mullers and look where that took us
that in my view was caused by rank bad judgement, they had the chance to scoop in region of £70K fer him n didn't. plus if figures are to believed he was on far too much fer a club of our resources.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:45   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyAggro View Post
They might be generous ya never know... i think we can blag 300,000
Blag £300k ? I think he is worth at least that. The Goal at Rochdale proves what he is capable of. Probably one of the best goals in the league this season. Cracking Player.

Simply brilliant............................ THE WONDERFUL MICHAEL SYMES

Also Has anybody heard anything about Jimmy Ryan ? He has been brilliant in midfield this season and im suprised i havent heard any rumours about offers coming in for him.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:22   #35
God Member

Smile Re: Derby set sights on Symes :(

Quote:
that in my view was caused by rank bad judgement, they had the chance to scoop in region of £70K fer him n didn't. plus if figures are to believed he was on far too much fer a club of our resources.
Didn't we accept the offer Cashy?? Just Mullers did not

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:26   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Blag £300k ? I think he is worth at least that. The Goal at Rochdale proves what he is capable of. Probably one of the best goals in the league this season. Cracking Player.
The goals against Crewe, Shrewbury and Notts County spring to mind, too. However the fact remains that Symes only has six months left on his contract and that has a big effect, as does his age like macca mentioned earlier. If we were to sell him this month it'd be closer to £100k in the bank. If he's willing to sign a new contract however and if we don't have to sell, then obviously there's no point in selling him for that amount. There's always the chance that his form will die off but Coley is getting more out of Symes every time I see him play. I'd agree with Pendle Red - give him 18 months with a clause to release him should we get a monster offer. We can't go giving out silly contracts of over two years at our level.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:35   #37
Senior Member+

I think Symes is enjoying his football at stanley, playing week in week out, scoring goals, linking up well with players, like people have said all ready why would he want to move to another club where he might not get to start every week, coley again has got the best out of him like he has with all the players, hope he does stay till end of season and for next season, i want to keep the whole squad as it is, were doing very well now so there is no reason why we cant continue this form in the last half of the season.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:42   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
The goals against Crewe, Shrewbury and Notts County spring to mind, too. However the fact remains that Symes only has six months left on his contract and that has a big effect, as does his age like macca mentioned earlier. If we were to sell him this month it'd be closer to £100k in the bank. If he's willing to sign a new contract however and if we don't have to sell, then obviously there's no point in selling him for that amount. There's always the chance that his form will die off but Coley is getting more out of Symes every time I see him play. I'd agree with Pendle Red - give him 18 months with a clause to release him should we get a monster offer. We can't go giving out silly contracts of over two years at our level.
why are they silly shaker? if ya don't go overboard wi salary, a striker of his age will have a much higher resale value wi a longer contract IMHO.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:14   #39
God Member

But what if he gets crocked, can we afford to keep paying him. Harsh, I know, but at this level of football, you just can't take the chance.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:16   #40

Quote:
why are they silly shaker? if ya don't go overboard wi salary, a striker of his age will have a much higher resale value wi a longer contract IMHO.
Exactly, longer contracts on dead-cert players are worth the money - hope we learn from the mistake with KA.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:16   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
But what if he gets crocked, can we afford to keep paying him. Harsh, I know, but at this level of football, you just can't take the chance.
agree redash, think if he gets 20 plus this season though its worth a 4 month risk. ya gotta speculate to accumulate.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:20   #42
God Member

I'm talking of long 3 or 4 year contracts.

I think 1-2 year contracts are about the best we, or any other L2 club, could realisticly offer.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:25   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
I'm talking of long 3 or 4 year contracts.

I think 1-2 year contracts are about the best we, or any other L2 club, could realisticly offer.
1 year are crazy wi good players, can leave fer sod all at end of season. 3 i reckon.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:35   #44
God Member

Sounds harsh but we've only seen good form from Michael Symes since August. There's also the inury aspect that Redash points out. The only player I'd be comfortable giving a two-year-plus contract to would be Phil Edwards. We've seen consistent, largely injury free form from him for years. Symes has never played a full season for any club, let alone gone one with consistent form and free of injury. Like you say cashy so often there's no room for sentiment. Eighteen months with a buy-out clause would be sensible for our level.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:47   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Sounds harsh but we've only seen good form from Michael Symes since August. There's also the inury aspect that Redash points out. The only player I'd be comfortable giving a two-year-plus contract to would be Phil Edwards. We've seen consistent, largely injury free form from him for years. Symes has never played a full season for any club, let alone gone one with consistent form and free of injury. Like you say cashy so often there's no room for sentiment. Eighteen months with a buy-out clause would be sensible for our level.
we will have to disagree shaker, strikers fer me are a differant thing, they generate much more revenue than midfielders/defenders etc, i think fer whats left of the season its well worth speculating. end of the day hes only 26

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..