Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2010, 10:17   #61
Super Moderator

Re: Derby set sights on Symes :(

"It wouldn't go down well if we accepted a substandard offer for any player."
-Rob Heyes.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:18   #62
Resting in Peace

You can't buy Crown Jewels on the cheap.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:20   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
You can't buy Crown Jewels on the cheap.
True but ya can nick em.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:19   #64
God Member

Smile Re: Derby set sights on Symes :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
I would like to think that we are not that stuck for cash, that we need to lose someone like Symes so soon!!! As for a loan deal, what use is that for us???? Let's just get Gills beaten and put some cash in the bank and put all this rubbish to bed...

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:19   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Accymad we just got shut of one owd fogie.
Really? Didn't know you'd returned to Ewood Cashy
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:25   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Really? Didn't know you'd returned to Ewood Cashy
Old 03-01-2010, 12:53   #67

just win cup game put 67.500 bank it puls next round money in . i think we can beat any team .
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 20:54   #68

The prospect of playing a Premiership team in the next round of the cup could be a carrot.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 13:14   #69
Resting In Peace

I thought that Derby were supposed to be interested in Bobby Grant a couple of months ago.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 18:46   #70
Senior Member+

If both players dont want to sign contracts then they expire in the summer so if they dont then get them sold to the highest bidder and get them loaned to us for the rest of the season so we can finish the season off still on a high! I think Bobby could play at Championship level and could do a Gary Roberts, as for Symes i dont think he would be that good playing a Championship level! Dont forget that he has been rejected at so many clubs and has scored very little for other clubs except ares. League 1 player at the most and thats only because of his age.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 19:04   #71
God Member

I would disagree slightly with you FC on that in that for me Bobby Grant is not yet the finished article and is still maturing, I think he would genuinely struggle at this stage of his career at a higher level, that's not to say he may not go on to play at a much higher level, I just don't think yet.

Michael Symes does have a decent pedigree and I think that it is injuries more than anything else that has stop started his career, he has the ability to play at a higher level certainly League One and maybe even the Championship, the key for me with Symes this season is he did a full pre season and that has paid dividends and Coleman showed faith in him where perhaps others have not.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 19:28   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
I would disagree slightly with you FC on that in that for me Bobby Grant is not yet the finished article and is still maturing, I think he would genuinely struggle at this stage of his career at a higher level, that's not to say he may not go on to play at a much higher level, I just don't think yet.

Michael Symes does have a decent pedigree and I think that it is injuries more than anything else that has stop started his career, he has the ability to play at a higher level certainly League One and maybe even the Championship, the key for me with Symes this season is he did a full pre season and that has paid dividends and Coleman showed faith in him where perhaps others have not.
i would agree wi both of those statements.
Old 04-01-2010, 21:42   #73
Senior Member+

i Agree with all above plus he has had a good run in the team, not just coming of the bench in the last 10mins and trying to make an inpacted. He propberly thought he had some big shoes to fill taking over from Mullin and i think he has filled them just i hope he stays for as long as Mullin.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 22:19   #74
God Member

Smile Re: Derby set sights on Symes :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
i Agree with all above plus he has had a good run in the team, not just coming of the bench in the last 10mins and trying to make an inpacted. He propberly thought he had some big shoes to fill taking over from Mullin and i think he has filled them just i hope he stays for as long as Mullin.
Me too

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 23:54   #75
God Member

he'll be 83 before he leaves!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..