Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2006, 11:09   #31

Re: Dons going up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Besides you were playing probably one of the least attractive fixtures of the season and one of the most despised clubs in the football league.
Why are Mk Dons despised? Please explain?

On another note, can somebody please tell ITV and various newspapers that Paul Mullin scored Stanley's first goal and not Andy Todd!!!

grrr..
sarah_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2006, 11:10   #32
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_d View Post

On another note, can somebody please tell ITV and various newspapers that Paul Mullin scored Stanley's first goal and not Andy Todd!!!

grrr..

Yes Mully scored the 1st 2 goals
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:11   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I’d whole heartedly agree with Accymel, UK Cowboy and Lancsdave. Mel; well said girl, I always knew you had balls. The language is getting a little offensive around the Clayton end just of late; I know that may appear a bit like the kettle calling the pot but come on, the use of the “C” & “T” words on the terraces is unwelcome and unsporting. There are Women and Children to consider and the clubs reputation as a family friendly club. There was also a raciest remark made for the back that was also most unwelcome.
its always been like that its only you that you can hear it now..it always been the same at every football ground .so its not just stanley.thats part of the footy atmosphere with a little banter..........at least when there was a racist remark it was reported and action was taken your giving the impression the clayton end is full of members of the klu klux klan which is not true.....

Last edited by cmonstanley; 10-12-2006 at 11:15.
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:17   #34
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
its always been like that its only you that you can hear it now..it always been the same at every football ground .so its not just stanley.thats part of the footy atmosphere with a little banter..........
Not to sure about that, I would agree about the general swearing, f**king Idiot, Wa**er, Dingle, blind ba****d etc, but words like C & T I’ve not witnessed so much, what was even more off putting is the fact that they weren’t even in any due context. But I do accept that if you pay to enter a football match, your going to hear it…

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:19   #35
I am Banned

Quote:
its always been like that its only you that you can hear it now..it always been the same at every football ground .so its not just stanley.thats part of the footy atmosphere with a little banter..........
That wasn't banter cmonstanley, the best of it is the tannoy announced about the stop racism that it wont be tollerated & it wasn't followed up upon till it was brought to their attention, also the sick death chant thing wasn't banter either - banter is football humour - trust me there was no humour in that!!

All i can say is im glad yesterday wasn't my 1st visit to a stanley match or i would of been a bit put off indeed, i know the stanley support until recently has been impeccable with humour & the best support i've seen - thats what makes me go, without need to resort to the offensive or bad taste! Im even more glad my kids were not with me i think they would of been rather upset certainly during that player being knocked out but even more so the thought & suggestion of death!!

Swearing is part of the game & is expected certainly when tentions are high - the ref is usually a banker LOL, the T&C ing maybe too far tho near little ears!

Last edited by accymel; 10-12-2006 at 11:24.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:19   #36
Member.

Quote:
at least when there was a racist remark it was reported and action was taken your giving the impression the clayton end is full of members of the klu klux klan which is not true.....
Now that's bo**ocks, I made a comment that there was one comment that was unwelcome, I didn't make it out to be anything else.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 10-12-2006, 11:23   #37
God Member

Thumbs up Re: Dons going up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Now that's bo**ocks, I made a comment that there was one comment that was unwelcome, I didn't make it out to be anything else.
your right i took it out of porportion
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:27   #38
Member.

Quote:
your right i took it out of porportion
See, even you are a nice bloke, and that's what I love about Stanley's Supporters.....We are nice people.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 10-12-2006, 11:36   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_d View Post
Football is a traditional game, especially for those of us old enough to remember it being a working mans game

Mk Dons ( hereafter known as Franchise FC) were bought out and moved 80 miles North to suit somebody's ego. Lots of football supporters from all clubs rallied around the fans of Wimbledon who were the club bought out and to this day many still boycott Franchise games.
Old 10-12-2006, 13:13   #40

Just wanted to come on here and say thanks for a great game yesterday I'm really glad I made the trip.
The game was a thriller and your forwards did more damage to us than many other teams we have faced this season including those in the top 7.
Funny old game as MA has said and if I'm honest it I wasn't sure of 1 point let alone 3 until the final whistle. You were lucky not to concede a penalty at our end when your keeper brought down Mcloed or for a handball in the area.
That being said you kept fighting and pulled another back at the end. Total entertainment from both sides...well done Stanley all the best for the rest of the season.
As for LancsDave get a grip and get over it.
MKJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 14:57   #41
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
giving the impression the clayton end is full of members of the klu klux klan which is not true.....
!!!!!!

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 16:38   #42
God Member

after watching the goals on the link on another thread to the championship I noted that rocky got a second yellow then red....with it not being a straight red that makes a difference to his suspension does it not???

I agree wholeheartedly with what accymel has put and was sickened with the chants "I hope his dead" when one of the dons players was knocked out!!

But good on Toddy who immediately went to put him into the recovery position even though some of the dons players were trying to pull him off until they realised what he was trying to do!! And many of you may not of realised but the ref actually pulled toddy to one side after and said "well done you did the right thing there and not to blame himself" (I can lip read )

As for Mangan's goal..........WOW!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 16:48   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKJon View Post
As for LancsDave get a grip and get over it.
I don't lose sleep over it Franchise Jon. Might put your travel bills up when they move again in a few years and become Munich Dons
Old 10-12-2006, 16:57   #44
Senior Member+

Well having read this thread, and as one of the early leavers, although only to the warmth of the clubhouse, I have to be controversial. Firstly and foremostly, John Colemans subs yesterday were at best naive and at worst downright wrong. OK if Phil Edwards had a lower leg injury fine, but why bring on another attacker? Then why the hell did he take of the best attacking player we had by a country mile in McGivern and replace him with a defender??? and to be honest I thought Andy Todd scored the first goal as well, certainly looked as though Mullers missed it and Toddy side footed it into the net, but hey ho what do I know. I am glad I missed the chants, because this is not the first time they have been heard, I can remember them from the conference, and they are not on. Lets leave those at home and be true supporters not animals. Toddy seemed to loose his touch when Mangan came on for Edwards. He is not a natural defender, but seemed to run back and forth all day. For me Toddy is our best player at the moment by a country mile, but McGivern is closing in fast and is as skillful a ball player whereas Mangan is not. Yes he scored the best goal yesterday, but for the love of the team and the game, our two wingers should be Todd and McGivern and maybe swapping over as Toddy used to with Craney!!. Lastly - Ian Dunbavin must be rested (will not say dropped) and although he has played well in previous matches, it is time for Robbie Elliot to take over. And please recall David Brown from his loan, we need him!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 17:05   #45

Please please please....

It was Paul Mullin who scored the first goal!!!!!!
sarah_d is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..