Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2009, 23:21   #1
God Member

Question Eric Whalley

Heard a few rumblings around the ground tonight that Eric is going before the end of the season - A.S.A.P.??? Anybody else out there hear anything ??

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-03-2009, 23:25   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Eric Whalley

heard summat similar on sat, its Que Sera init?
Old 25-03-2009, 06:00   #3
Senior Member+

This is, as K-P said in another thread the worst kept secret at ASFC at the moment.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 07:09   #4

Whichever way it goes he has been a shrewd custodian for stanley without a doubt ! I could name many chairman who have wrecked clubs. litigation laws being what they are I would not name them , nor could I give you any leads.He should always be thought of as having done a great job, okay one or two on here would like european football but I think a little patience might be required on that one !
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 09:36   #5
God Member

it seems many people have known about this for a while, but I don't think it's fair to comment on summat that may or not be happening. We should wait until an announcement is made one or t'other. Revisit the thread in about six months then?
Old 25-03-2009, 10:00   #6
Resting in Peace

Well as an outsider I don't think Stanley wouldn't have made the progress they have but for Eric, there are lots of people get into football to make something out of it and when it goes belly up they leave the club high and dry, Eric has been very prudent in the way he runs the club, they could certainly have done a lot worse. I just hope any one coming in has the same ethos as Eric or the ship could become very rocky without much effort. Just think what would happen if the Rusky pulled out of Chelski, with their overheads
Old 25-03-2009, 10:23   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
This is, as K-P said in another thread the worst kept secret at ASFC at the moment.
Only brought it up as I was told that Eric wanted to stay until end of season, whilst ?? whomever wants to take over A.S.A.P. That is my real reason for the post/enquiry. Sorry if it has come over in the wrong manner. I feel that as has been stated many times Eric has done wonders and deserves to bow out with grace

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 18:13   #8

Thumbs up Re: Eric Whalley

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Only brought it up as I was told that Eric wanted to stay until end of season, whilst ?? whomever wants to take over A.S.A.P. That is my real reason for the post/enquiry. Sorry if it has come over in the wrong manner. I feel that as has been stated many times Eric has done wonders and deserves to bow out with grace
Blimey ! We are all agreed then ! That's a FIRST ! I'd better go for a lie down !
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 21:18   #9
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm coded
Old 26-03-2009, 14:45   #10
Full Member+

Eric accepts bid in principle - see fishy

Details to follow !

Last edited by Reamer; 26-03-2009 at 14:48.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 15:54   #11
God Member

WOW this is huge for you all.I feel sure that whoever he's floogged the club too will have the clubs interests at heart and won't fleece it and kick it into touch.
ERIC WHALLEY -RESURECTION GENIUS
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 15:58   #12
Senior Member+

I also hope that the new owner. Just remembers what a great job Coley and Jimmy do and just because we go on abit of a losing streak he does not sack them!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 15:58   #13

Come on chaps, I'm a long time Accy Stanley boy now living in Massachusetts. The only info I get is reading this board. Need more info on this story.....please!
redsocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 15:59   #14
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Let's hope we can finally move forward, I bet one or two might have sweeky bums depending on who takes over, this is the news I've been waiting for to buy my season ticket.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 16:03   #15

Really hope the new guy has the clubs interests before their own.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..