Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2007, 18:01   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Evil Is Back !!!!

Call me mean or call me Evil - Janis Joplin

Really great news, apart from everything else the boy can play.

Time for a few bevvies.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-07-2007, 18:06   #17
Senior Member+

Oh yes..... the scorer for Prescot, Carl Bell. Anyone remember him?
Old 21-07-2007, 18:39   #18
Senior Member+

What about the other strikes though , do you not think weve got too many , i know people say you cant have too many strikers but i think coley will deff play mullin so theres one space left for evil , brown , Mcgiven, miles , roscoe, and also boco can play up front , where do these fit into this?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2007, 18:48   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Jimmy Bell's nephew if I recall, The last time I heard of him he was playing for Burscough against us in the Lancashire Junior Cup, where co-incidentally Jimmy also came on.
Old 21-07-2007, 18:58   #20
Senior Member+

Karl Bell also played 55 games for us in the season we won the Unibond 1st Division.
Old 21-07-2007, 19:01   #21
God Member

Quote:
I've got a signed footy from years ago, Paul Burns on it etc & so is Karl Bell!
Brings back good memories
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2007, 19:03   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
so theres one space left for evil , brown , Mcgiven, miles , roscoe, and also boco can play up front , where do these fit into this?
Be assured Miles will be one of the first names on every team sheet and will play on the right flank which he did to such telling effect for Macc in our last home game of 06/07. He is an excellent player.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2007, 19:22   #23
God Member

Though the thought of a defence without Godwin scares me,the knowledge that in Kenny Arthur we have a very experienced custodian whose battle hardness should be worth an extra defender when compared to the less experienced stoppers we had last season.
Heres hoping anyway.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2007, 19:26   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Though the thought of a defence without Godwin scares me,the knowledge that in Kenny Arthur we have a very experienced custodian whose battle hardness should be worth an extra defender when compared to the less experienced stoppers we had last season.
Heres hoping anyway.
For me, the jury's still out on this subject. I like 'keepers who command their area, especially within the 6-yard box.
Old 21-07-2007, 19:28   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
What about the other strikes though , do you not think weve got too many , i know people say you cant have too many strikers but i think coley will deff play mullin so theres one space left for evil , brown , Mcgiven, miles , roscoe, and also boco can play up front , where do these fit into this?
Miles,Brown & Boco I would have thought could perhaps slot into midfield?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2007, 19:32   #26
Senior Member+

Miles will play right side of midfield in the space left by Todd. Boco could play in midfield, although with Carden, Proctor, Harris, etc, we do have some depth in there.

Brown, I think, is on the bench again. I just can't see a spot for him, unless he plays left side of midfield?
Old 21-07-2007, 19:52   #27
God Member

Quote:
Miles will play right side of midfield in the space left by Todd. Boco could play in midfield, although with Carden, Proctor, Harris, etc, we do have some depth in there.

Brown, I think, is on the bench again. I just can't see a spot for him, unless he plays left side of midfield?
Creating strength in depth I like it!!
Just need as has been said a couple of decent defenders and we are there!!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2007, 20:17   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Creating strength in depth I like it!!
Just need as has been said a couple of decent defenders and we are there!!
Couple more decent defenders (minimum one central) and I would be starting to think at least the play offs were well attainable.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2007, 21:45   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:

But the only problem with that central midfield TM is there's no one attacking, Boco in midfield would provide that attacking link in the centre of midfield and it'd have to be one from the three defensice midfield players.

Think we'll see David Brown come on from the bench again this season, very impressed every time I see him in central midfield, but he's the best finisher in our team so coming on upfront....I'm happy.

Very happy with Evil when I found out yesterday I couldn't believe it! Brilliant news, we are building a very good squad but I agree with bringing in defensive experience, but we've got to remember Godwin wasn't 'experienced' just brilliant! So if Coley can have a look around for another loan signing then well....we'll see

All the news with the roof, the new kit and the squad......very happy chappy! Not long now.......
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2007, 22:20   #30

Remember Evil has played at the back in the past ... and wasn't too bad actually - left back I recall.
<script type="text/javascript">function __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(str CallbackEvent, true, true);**if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;********if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(even t);**function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-coord-callback', 5, func);**function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-url-callback', 3, func);**function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**</script>
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..