Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2007, 16:55   #61
God Member

Re: Evil Is Back !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Think you've all got very valid points, and Macca's post was spot on, but everybody recognises that the guy has talent. I remember at Oldham he had their defence running scared, and set up Craney for a goal, he does pass sometimes.

He's 2 years older, let's hope he's a bit wiser. Thought Lutel was a much improved player once he realised it was a team game, and he didn't twig till late in his career. Lee is still only 25, fingers crossed.
Fair comment Oggy........... its now up to Lee to prove us doubters wrong, time will tell

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2007, 19:37   #62
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post

Plus I just can't get his last words to me out of my head (not for a family forum and no he wasn't directing it at me, it was about someone else!!)So come on Lee prove all us doubters wrong
Drop me a private message and tell me what it was. I am over 21.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 20:28   #63

Thumbs up Re: Evil Is Back !!!!

Welcome back Lee!

Hopefully we will see his un-doubted skill, combined with controlled aggression, make hime once again a fans' favourite.

Let's all wipe our respective slates clean, and look forward to a superb season, with a vastly improved squad. I fear we are in danger of something big this season!!
Old 22-07-2007, 20:37   #64
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

I fear we are in danger of something big this season!!Top six finish is achivable this season JC has bought well now we seem to have strenght in depth only way is up

Last edited by mab; 22-07-2007 at 20:41.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 21:27   #65
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Top six finish is achivable this season - only way is up
Not without some quality defenders it isn't.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 22:43   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Drop me a private message and tell me what it was. I am over 21.
think I will leave it, I know what he said but hopefully he won't bring his bad attitude back with him, unless its aimed at the opposition of course

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 12:49   #67

He's got a nerve re-signing, I'll give him that much, must've taken some guts after the Wrexham Away incident. He'll have to do the business in front of goal to win me over, I'll say that much.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 21:08   #68
Accy Red

Only playing a friendly today and the big mouth nearly gets sent off, saved only by being subsituted. Nothing has changed has it, Stanley does not need McEvilly but McEvilly needs Stanley, go now before it's a league match in which you see the red card and let us down again.

New Years Day 2007 McEvilly Abuses Stanley Fans It Will Not Be Forgotton.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 31-07-2007, 00:50   #69
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Only playing a friendly today and the big mouth nearly gets sent off, saved only by being subsituted. Nothing has changed has it, Stanley does not need McEvilly but McEvilly needs Stanley, go now before it's a league match in which you see the red card and let us down again.

New Years Day 2007 McEvilly Abuses Stanley Fans It Will Not Be Forgotton.
Wasn't at the game,so can't comment about his behaviour (Although I've read the reports).All I'll say is that if Coley can get the BEST out of Lee,then it's a good bit of business.

And whilst not wishing to knock what Andy Mangan gave to the Reds(how many times did Mangan get sent off,costing us games/putting us on the back foot??),I wonder what the general consensus is;
i.e. Mangan or McEvilly

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2007, 09:57   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
I wonder what the general consensus is;
i.e. Mangan or McEvilly
For me, it'd be Evil every day of the week, but I'm not completely sure about him being here due to the fitness side of things. Mangan never looked good enough for league football. At least we can be assured Evil can finish & won't get knocked off the ball every time he gets it.
In my humble.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2007, 18:20   #71
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
I wonder what the general consensus is;
i.e. Mangan or McEvilly
Neither I'd go for McGiven.

Old 31-07-2007, 20:26   #72

Evil will certainly be a handful (if not a fistful) for opposition defenders. He'll certainly add some extra power to the attack.
melonhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2007, 23:22   #73
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILFAN View Post
He will prove you wrong.... and i will remind you of your comments when he does !
So far he has not proved me wrong so I am reminding you, unfit Wrexham has been, how long is it going to take?

Old 25-08-2007, 23:50   #74

McEvilly was the worst player today in a team that played poorly. Yet he still got 90 minutes. Mullin ran his heart out, won headers, won (and conceded) free-kicks all to no avail. But at least he tried.

We've never been told the reason why Evil left Wrexham by mutual consent to come to a club who pay crap wages. But the evidence of his total lack of fitness and committment and his generally petulant attitude following last week's debacle against Darlo suggest Wrexham were just happy to be well rid of a liability, and probably more than happy he was going to fellow relegation candidates whom he would be likely to undermine and take down instead of them.

For God's sake Coley, swallow your pride and get rid. He's Crap!
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..