Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2008, 16:36   #1
God Member

Exhibition

Well has is started or not?
Don't see any posts about it with details times etc

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-07-2008, 16:39   #2
God Member

Re: Exhibition

Started today;

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...die-41154.html
Old 18-07-2008, 20:03   #3
God Member

Popped into the library this afternoon and I must say that the Guys have done a magnificent job.............Superb exhibition so well done all. Hope the official launch went well this evening, only sorry Sparkie and I couldnt make it

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 20:15   #4
God Member

Just as an addon to the above..............nowt about it on Fishy Site as yet either

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 20:15   #5
God Member

i'm gonna pop in and have a look tomorrow, from what it said in the paper it looks brilliant
Old 18-07-2008, 20:52   #6
God Member

Might have a look down tomorrow myself, looks like they didn't want to say for insurance for the medals, had all the details but never got back to me.

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 23:39   #7
Senior Member+

am going go round either at weekend i think it is open or next week looking foward to seeing some of the old shirts as only been supporting and going stanley for last 5 years so not really seen any old shirts. looks good, hope its a success for all those involed

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2008, 10:40   #8
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Popped into the library this afternoon and I must say that the Guys have done a magnificent job.............Superb exhibition so well done all. Hope the official launch went well this evening, only sorry Sparkie and I couldnt make it
Went last night for the offical opening must say Great exhibition lots and lots of stuff to read and see even an x-box to play on ,watch some stanley footage on the tv all good stuff well worth a visit, some players and management were there even Eric, meat pie n peas went down a treat pitty i was driving other wise a nice can of beer would of gone down well and there was lots of it,hope your not ill today HR.well done lads and lases you've done your self and the club proud ps its a must for any football fan from any club..................

Last edited by mab; 19-07-2008 at 10:44.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2008, 11:06   #9

Think I'll get myself some dinner then head down it might cheer me up
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2008, 16:42   #10

Smile Re: Exhibition

Me n Lesley will be going to see it during the week 2nd to 8th Aug - cant wait...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2008, 16:52   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
meat pie n peas went down a treat
Just had mine for tea, very nice it was too
Old 19-07-2008, 23:15   #12
God Member

Thumbs up Re: Exhibition

Well the launch was a big success with a few players there, coley, eric, rob heys, mick shultz and the Mayor. We were also very honoured that Dave Cocker came over with so much of his dads stuff and we had to say no to some of it (world cup 66 training kit!!!) and also Gordon stones came with his scrap book including some of his original contracts, these are not on display at the mo as we feel it might be better to copy them for safety reasons.

Second day today and it has been pretty busy with some really positive comments made..

The exhibition will continue to develop over the coming weeks and of course throughout the summer months there will many activities going on for kids...see www.stanleysupporters.co.uk for more info

Lastly I want to say a massive thank you to all those who worked so hard putting all of it together...

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 08:48   #13
God Member

you have a PM KSH
Old 20-07-2008, 17:43   #14
Super Moderator

Went to the launch on Friday night and I must say it was even better than I had anitcipated. The whole thing was superbly put together in a most professional manner...more professional than some museums I've been in. The exhibits are fascinating and it really is amazing some of the things that people have brought out of the woodwork. The panels around the room tell the whole chequered history of the club in an entertaining and readable way, illustrated by some excellent photos and graphics. In fact, I enjoyed it so much, I'm going to return to have a longer look at the earliest possible opportunity.

It goes without saying that this is unmissable for anyone with the slightest interest in Stanley, However, I would recommend it even to non-football fans, as it's a fascinating piece of local history. I firmly believe that the club should find some room at the ground to house at least part of the exhibition on a permanent basis, as I'm sure it would prove a real attraction for visitors and away fans.

Well done, Rob, Lesley, Mel, Gayle and all the other people who put so much work into this...you've really played a blinder!!
Old 21-07-2008, 08:02   #15
God Member

I went to the launch on Friday - it was brilliant, the work that has gone into the exhibition was well worth it, well done to all involved. The pie & peas went down well (the wine went down even better ).
Went back on Saturday with my mum, couldn't get her out - she loved it and was almost in tears at one point bless her.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..