Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2009, 08:48   #1
God Member

fans forum

just a reminder that this monday in the clubhouse at 7:30pm the OSC meeting has been replaced by an open meeting to discuss the formation of a Supporters Trust.

We have a speaker, Jacqui Forster from Supporters Direct, who will tell us what the differences are between a ST and OSC (for example) and what can be acheived. I would expect the meeting to last around an hour.

It is expected that following this meeting the OSC and ASSF groups will cease to function and all energies and persons will come together under the one banner.

In light of all recent activities I see this as an essential step in securing the future of Accrington Stanley and ensuring that the problems of yesteryear do not surface again. Could you all please make an effort to attend. And could you all please help to ensure that you spread the word about the meeting to give as healthy an atendance as possible.

That is all.

Rob
Old 07-11-2009, 10:19   #2
Senior Member+

Re: fans forum

Ultras won't cease to exist mate, but we will be under yer banner too....

Love it!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 13:32   #3
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device

Tonight.
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 14:53   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Who will actually be present? apart from fans.
Old 09-11-2009, 16:21   #5
God Member

we have a guest speaker from Supporters Direct who will go through some of theins and outs and where an ST differs from an ISA (Independant Supporters Association).

A lot of it is to do with legal ins and outs of owning property/assets such as shares. There are also finer points about liability (ST directors only liable for £1 should anybody want to sue you). Its not all legal jargon though - there are many more plus points to be had.

I will post up some of the detail but where possible I'd like to see a decent turnout for this inaugral meeting towards setting up what could/should become the future of our football club.
Old 09-11-2009, 16:39   #6
Member.

Please if any one can record tonights meeting for the rest of us...please....

Have a good meeting folks

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 16:50   #7
God Member

Macca, please accept my apologies for this evening, but I am on baby sitting duties as Sarah is at Uni untill 9pm an Monday nights

Cheers mate!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 17:35   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Who will actually be present? apart from fans.

Did you mean would anybody be there who currently has a say in the running of the club ?
Old 09-11-2009, 21:14   #9
God Member

An interesting meeting. I got the impression it left more people undecided than they were before
Old 09-11-2009, 21:16   #10
God Member

Im un decided there's pro's and con's a lot to consider before we can get it off the ground

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 21:20   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

some interesting ideas, looks ok, but needs much weighing up.
Old 09-11-2009, 21:31   #12
God Member

I, personally, think it's workable. But without representation on the board, it would be just a supporters club with more backup.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 21:35   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
I, personally, think it's workable. But without representation on the board, it would be just a supporters club with more backup.

I was about to say I don't think there are any cons, the question is are the pro's enough to change what is already happening with the 3 main fans groups in existence.

It wouldn't change a lot in the near future, BUT I think Loweiy's point about future generations is the key issue.
Old 09-11-2009, 22:02   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I was about to say I don't think there are any cons, the question is are the pro's enough to change what is already happening with the 3 main fans groups in existence.

It wouldn't change a lot in the near future, BUT I think Loweiy's point about future generations is the key issue.
think what did come out to me,is there would be more back up, if things were not as fans would like, from little acorns! future generations i'm certain would see a differance, as would the club itself i feel.
Old 10-11-2009, 00:04   #15
God Member

to the non attendee's

tonights meeting was pretty much a verbal oration of everything that can be found at supporters direct (click the link). We could possibly have pushed a vote for enough people who were decided for this to have happened anyway but we/I would rather that people were enough informed/opinionated to make a rational decision properly.

There was no recording of the night, but as I said, everything you need to know can be found at Supporters Direct, you just need to plough through the information,

To put it into as short a nutshell as I can (and there is plenty of padding out):

the pro is that an ST is there to try to benefit the club and the fan for a long time as opposed to (in our situation) an OSC that provides funds where and when it can for this, that, and t'uther.
a con is that an ST will hold onto money and use to acquire shareholding when and where it can rather that just giving money where it wants or can (not set in stone though).

these things are changeable to a degree so an ST could, if it wanted to, fundraise and pour its money into what could be seen to be a blackhole. However, the Supporters Direct model is that you try to exchange funds for representation wherever possible, as well as other things that can become transparent as we go along

There were around 35 people present tonight. Whilst this is not FANtastic it is a reasonable start (only 17 at the PNE version) . I would hope that the next meeting will attract the same people plus a few more at the very least. What was decided tonight was nowt! The people who were interested enough (and there were a couple of apologies) to get involved from the beginning have come along and listened to what was said. There were a few negative comments (justified) and there were some positive comments (justified) - those present had the benefit of making their own mind up. We decided that rather than try to push something through here and now we would adjourn until the next OSC meeting. In the mean time the concerned people could discuss what they had heard or view extra information until they had decided one way or the other.

I was premature in my opening post when I said that the OSC and ASSF would cease to exist afterwards - this may not be the case. Especially as it may be necessary to maintain a fundraising arm at the very least. But these organisations could be brought under the wing of an umbrella organisation if necessary. But that will be down to the individual groups to decide.

So, the next scheduled OSC meeting will be utilised again for the purpose of discussion of a Supporters Trust. There may need to be a bit of 'officialdom' regards the initial set of the meeting just to formalise one or two things that have gone before - but the crux of the meeting will be for the wider fanbase to decide for themselves whether A) this is something that ASFC wants and B) whether they want to get involved.

What I would ask of each and every one of you is whether you think the future of this club is worth fighting for? We may not be in immediate danger now but we were a week ago. As fans, we werent in any position to act postively - we only had protests and vigils. We can now act in a postive manner and try to safeguard the future of our club? Do you want in?

Meeting set for 14th December at 7:30 in the clubhouse

I will attempt to call an OSC meeting prior to this as I think we have other things to discuss in addition to this matter. Could all those concerned please put their hands up and I'll try to set a date.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..