Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2007, 15:14   #1
God Member

FES Smoking ban?

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/ne..._turf_moor.php

I sincerely hope not
Old 20-01-2007, 15:17   #2
God Member

Re: FES Smoking ban?

It'll be bad news for a lot of people as they will have to keep their smoking in the clubhouse & the pubs, but on the other side of the coin it means that people don't have to put up with someone smoking like a chimney next to them for the full match.
Looks like there's nothing that can be done to stop it taking effect though.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 15:18   #3
God Member

In NZ,you can't smoke in pubs, or ANY public building or enclosed public place.The 'Smoking Police' are even trying to have it banned from private cars!
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 15:19   #4
God Member

I want to give up smoking before all the bans take place, but I feel as though I am being made to give up and thats not right.
Old 20-01-2007, 15:20   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
It'll be bad news for a lot of people as they will have to keep their smoking in the clubhouse & the pubs, but on the other side of the coin it means that people don't have to put up with someone smoking like a chimney next to them for the full match.
Looks like there's nothing that can be done to stop it taking effect though.
There will be no smoking in pubs or clubs from July

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 15:23   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
There will be no smoking in pubs or clubs from July
Let's hope we get off to a good start next season then & the fags aren't needed!

ps there's only one Jay Harris
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 15:32   #7
Senior Member+

I thought the no smoking at Partick was great, and it didn't bother me a bit. Gave the Stewards something to do as well .

One Steward came out with a classic, "They won't let us smoke, so there's no chance I'm letting you smoke, Jimmy."

Can't believe people haven't cottoned on to the changes by now .

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 15:34   #8
I am Banned

Im with u on that macca forced to give up - smokers have no choice no vote or f-all as it seems, ah well if full implimentation is in place [ffs i aint going to turf - geeee u need a fag to get an ounce of warmth there & they have a roof!! hehehehhe] least stanley have realised that a space will have to be found geee they cant afford to lose support can they? besides we are in open air o'ver clayton end anyways for now lol & with play u need a fag nerves are too much!!

When at Chester ground a few of us found a desperate place of near the fire gates gasping but determined stood with their stewards at half time cos werent sure of the policy.

Interesting to see the backlash of the blanket ban in all denominations as most non smokers see this as a plus there will be also be a minus
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 15:37   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
When at Chester ground a few of us found a desperate place of near the fire gates gasping but determined stood with their stewards at half time cos werent sure of the policy.
Was it no smoking at Chester?
It didn't stop me, I fagged it all through the match

www.ubuntu.com

Old 20-01-2007, 15:39   #10
God Member

me an all KSH, wasnt sure of the poilicy being a league ground so kept them hidden most of the time
Old 20-01-2007, 15:40   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
[ffs i aint going to turf - geeee u need a fag to get an ounce of warmth there & they have a roof!! hehehehhe]
You must have a good memory what the inside of the ground is like cos I forgotten what it looks like
Old 20-01-2007, 15:40   #12
God Member

I didn't hide anything

www.ubuntu.com

Old 20-01-2007, 15:42   #13
I am Banned

were u behind goals with the flags ???? i was in the corner seated end, funny enough after the permission of half time fag in desingnated area i noticed a few crafty faggers hehehehehehe i was pig sick i didnt think of risking it pmsl!!
Old 20-01-2007, 15:45   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You must have a good memory what the inside of the ground is like cos I forgotten what it looks like
Yup i do cos i will never ever forget how bloody cold i was up there cradling fag for warmth not smoke LOL

Awwwww looks like footy god is having fun with your lot hehehehehehehe aww u got withdrawls - bad! hehehehehehahahahhaha

When was the last match that u went to [that played] ????? december 2nd week?????
Old 21-01-2007, 12:54   #15

Rumour has it that the smoking facilities will have a roof before the Clayton End
Paper Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..