Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2009, 23:33   #16
God Member

Re: fighting fund

please, please keep all other postings to the other thread - lets just leave pledges in here - it will get mucky trying to sort through if there are other discussions ongoing.

thanks to Spud for a pledge of £500 subject to t&c's
Old 29-05-2009, 23:45   #17

Just seen the fishy news. As a '62 club veteran, I'll pledge a £100 to the chosen route Macca. Agree with other posts that the management's silent treatment needs to end as do the ego's that have rejected offers of help when patently they couldn't cope.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 23:58   #18
God Member

minimum of £1300 pledged so far, that's not a bad start. thanks everybody so far
Old 30-05-2009, 00:33   #19
Senior Member+

Hey chaps , I have deleted some extraneous posts as the original poster wants to keep this strictly for pledges. Please adhere to that or you will find your posts going awol. Feel free to vent your spleens elsewhere, I am sure we all have much to vent!
Old 01-06-2009, 11:54   #20
Senior Member+

I will pledge only into a supporters trust or similar...
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 14:16   #21

lisened to earick on bbc on web he needs to look at him self all him to blame just put is and in is pocket and pay up. he blames all but as he said he singes the money book . wel as i sad before sack him if he cant run the books then **** off .
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:30   #22
God Member

so, the Supporters 'Trust or similar' is practically off the ground.

Have we any further offers of donations?

Big or small, cash or otherwise - we are going to need every little bit. It sounds a lot that we have an opening pledge of £250,000 BUT THIS HAS TO GO FURTHER. Once other people start to see the fund growing then they will be willing to contribute. The Stanley fans have to do it though.

As an aside, it would be good if every reader of this forum could contact their employers (especially if local) to see if there is any assistance that could be offered. This could be help with printing, rafffle prizes, posters in the window, willingness to book a table at a Sportsmans dinner (staff night out?). Anything at all. Please PM with any details even its just a willing contact.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:44   #23
God Member

We have agreed the same as last year for the OSC, but as we have just made 1 redundant, and put 4 on a three day week, that will probably be it I think, I could offer my own labour services periodically to save spending to a degree, but Im afraid that is the best I can do at the minute. Our personal funds wont allow anything, because we have used them to keep our staff in jobs for the last (very quiet) 3 months, along with other costs to enhance the business, pre credit crunch.
Old 07-06-2009, 15:16   #24
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I mentioned something last week and was told we are not dealing with that Whalley bloke again, I will try a different angle next week.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 20:28   #25
Senior Member+

I will subscribe £100 to support the equivalent value in new ASFC Ordinary Shares with full voting rights being issued to the new Supporters' Company.

I would expect one or more directors of the new Supporters' Company to be accepted onto the ASFC Board as part of the overall process.

Presumably the new company is to be a company limited by shares rather than by guarantee. I assume the contributors would become members of the new company and if the former contributors would I suppose get issued with shares in the new company pro rata their contributions.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!

Last edited by Haggis316; 07-06-2009 at 20:36.
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 20:36   #26
God Member

eh?
Old 07-06-2009, 22:57   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
eh?
This is a very good question and topicold. Hi ho and a jolly welcode to all you surfwide'n interwebber lopers. Here beholdy manifold things Stanley Unwinmost - all deep joy and thorkus. O yes.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Old 07-06-2009, 23:00   #28
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
This is a very good question and topicold. Hi ho and a jolly welcode to all you surfwide'n interwebber lopers. Here beholdy manifold things Stanley Unwinmost - all deep joy and thorkus. O yes.
Have you been on the beer tonight?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:57   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Have you been on the beer tonight?
Think hes been getting speech therapy from Stanley Unwin
Old 08-06-2009, 12:22   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Think hes been getting speech therapy from Stanley Unwin
My post earlier meant I will be putting my £100 in when the Supporters' Company is being issued with shares giving them a voice in the club and have got a place on the board.

I also said we should get shares in the Supporters' Company in recognition of our membership and contributions to it in lieu of the usual annually renewable membership card.

Being accused by Rob of writing gibberish I responded in the style of the master Professor Sir Stanley Unwin.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..