Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 15:51   #61
God Member

Re: Findusastriker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
So much fer him saying he would like to finish his career at Stanley. Probably bull, which suited his purpose at the time he said it.
Maybe he doesn't think he's ready for finishing his career just yet? Little disappointed but there's still time for us to see Brett play in a Stanley shirt again - not holding my breath but not giving up hope either
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-07-2012, 15:53   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Oh i agree, end of the day though "Blue Square" so dissolves any thoughts of affection fer Stanley in my book.

I quite agree, making a living comes before affection
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 16:04   #63
God Member

Disappointing maybe the two year deal also had a bearing on it?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 18:12   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
I quite agree, making a living comes before affection
It does, i aint knocking the fact Tommy, But when affection is mentioned,its a case of pass me the sickbag.
Old 02-07-2012, 19:14   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Maybe he doesn't think he's ready for finishing his career just yet? Little disappointed but there's still time for us to see Brett play in a Stanley shirt again - not holding my breath but not giving up hope either
He's got a 2 year deal, doubt he will be good enough for the championship when it finishes
Old 02-07-2012, 19:46   #66
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

In the words of Doris Day "Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)", Cant understand why any top footballer would want to drop out of the league as that is what they all strive for in the first place is'nt it,if moneys an issue then he must have been badly paid at Blackpool IMHO...
Old 03-07-2012, 07:20   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
He's got a 2 year deal, doubt he will be good enough for the championship when it finishes
Exactly!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 14:30   #68

Was going to suggest Franny Jeffers (back from Oz and training with Tranmere), but if we can't match Skem wages, then we got no hope in hell.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 23:03   #69
Senior Member+

James Gray - 5' 11" striker (20 years old, born 26.6.92), son of ex Sunderland and N Ireland striker Phil Gray; born in Yarm (N Yorkshire) but 5 caps for NI at u16 and 5 at u17. Came through the Academy at Middlesborough but released last summer. Signed for Darlington (initially non-contract). More than that I can't find at the moment ...................Sounds like he had a decent game at Marine .............Seems to have survived the cull so far ..........
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 23:12   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
James Gray - 5' 11" striker (20 years old, born 26.6.92), son of ex Sunderland and N Ireland striker Phil Gray; born in Yarm (N Yorkshire) but 5 caps for NI at u16 and 5 at u17. Came through the Academy at Middlesborough but released last summer. Signed for Darlington (initially non-contract). More than that I can't find at the moment ...................Sounds like he had a decent game at Marine .............Seems to have survived the cull so far ..........
Lets hope the kids good enough n comes up to the mark.
Old 17-07-2012, 09:23   #71

Looks like we saw some "Nifty shades of Gray" last night................

I'll get my coat
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..