Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2010, 20:30   #16
God Member

Re: Flags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
why not take them up coating applications up huncoat have word wi the manager they might like the free publicity

doesn't seem a lot of point if the Lincoln fans couldn't take theirs in with the appropriate certification
Old 19-09-2010, 07:36   #17
Senior Member+

Another example ofthe spinless nature of the current management of ASFC.

And people still back Rob Heys!
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 09:25   #18
God Member

what about clarity does and donts and why ?? they even let flags into ibrox these days after the kerfuffle with the police and stewards there.just cant sing our own songs
Old 19-09-2010, 10:14   #19
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Well at least we can't blame Whalley for this, mind you is it a coincidence that it happens just as Whalleys face has returned.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 10:59   #20
Full Member+

I understood it that some LCC official was watching Stanley V Newcastle on Sky when some smoke flairs were set off , this is why the banners, flags etc are no longer allowed.but that won't dampen Stanleys spirit,we won't let it.
When I went to Burnley for the SOS Mr Coyle did,I took my Stanley flag and had the stick removed at the gate for H& S,pathetic isn't it.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 11:43   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

whist i agree the flares were not the brightest move, this smacks of a sledgehammer to crack a walnut.
Old 19-09-2010, 11:45   #22
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Without the flags and banners the Clayton End looked like any other ground no fans colourless terrace, it has to be said, sorry.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Stanleymad; 19-09-2010 at 21:02. Reason: Swearing word removed
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 13:52   #23
Senior Member+

Thumbs down Re: Flags?

I was shocked and disappointed to hear of the flags ban on friday night. Yes the atmosphere generated was still superb, but to the players and the fans around the rest of the ground the absence of the famous Ultrs flag show must have been a massive disappointment. I don't think it matters who is responsible for the ban except to say that they are IDIOTS!!
I have replied on another post my views about smoke flares and I will repeat again here that they should not and must not appear on our ground again. Take the flares away and ask the question then about the risk of fire? Answer - There will be absolutely NO fire risk as the ground is a NO SMOKING area. So why do flags or any other material need to be "Fire proof"? Our scarves and stanley shirts, trousers and undies might be the next to banned!!! Come to think of it my undies were on fire this morning after that curry last night! The world is going PC political corrctness mad. It is time we got back to basics and in football that means;
Sensible prices.
Standing on terraces.
Lots of noise.
Lots of colour, flags scarves and all.
Commom sense and good behaviour.
...and a hoarse voice at the end of every match.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 15:58   #24
Full Member+

Great great post choirboy. If the whole scenario is not to be blamed on the club then that post is PRECISELY what mick and the safety team should have said in public to lcc/hbc in defence of the flags. IF they have then I apologise - but I urge them to let us know they did all they could. A note in the programme along the lines of 'the club apologise but we are not permitting flags because........despite the fact that we said..........we will continue to press lcc/hbc to have these restrictions removed...........etc.' is all it would have taken / will take. Like others I suspect that the club are hiding behind h&s for reasons I cannot comprehend - but to those defending the club - I ask why they can't even bring an explanation to the public (not least disillusioned away fans or potential new fans coming to the crown)
Old 19-09-2010, 20:37   #25

Has there ever actually been, at any ground in the country, any occurrence whereby flags have caused a person to be injured in any way? I would be very surprised if there has been...

Ash

http://www.unlimitedricepudding.com/
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 21:44   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
- I ask why they can't even bring an explanation to the public (not least disillusioned away fans or potential new fans coming to the crown)
To my mind its cos those at the head, don't really give a toss about the ordinary fan, unless they want Dosh, Help wi snow Etc, Seats Bolting, n other manual tasks, thats already been proved to me wi the lies told before the court hearing. n anyone can't see that is dumb.
Old 19-09-2010, 23:00   #27
Senior Member+

Can we expect flags to be banned at "Last Night of the Proms"?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 23:11   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Can we expect flags to be banned at "Last Night of the Proms"?
Depends who's in charge.
Old 20-09-2010, 11:24   #29
God Member

I suspect the Stalinist at LCC would like to ban Last Night of the proms, never mind the flags.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 11:57   #30

Just found this yet again HSE come to the rescue

Myth: Health and safety bans bunting

Why does the club not look at things like this

"Have You Seen The Force Called Stanley"

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..