Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2008, 06:21   #1
God Member

Focus must remain on Friday Night

Focus must remain on Friday Night, unfortunately matters off the field seem to have overtaken what after last night's result should be of the most Paramount Importance which is to get up and at em from the first whistle on Friday Night to ensure we take 3 points from the game to help ensure our Football League Survival. It is time for everyone connected to the Club to Stand Up and be Counted, lets make it a white hot atmosphere and cheer the boys towards League safety and leave the debates till the End of The Season!

On Stanley On

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2008, 07:17   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Focus must remain on Friday Night

What's the point of telling us? WE weren't the ones who moved the focus elsewhere. Go tell Eric Whalley instead.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:38   #3
Senior Member+

I have to agree with Pendle red it's time to stand up and be counted, Friday night is a chance for all of us to be the extra man. when we walk onto the ground we should leave the negativity on the message boards and walk with pride. cast your mind back just 5 years ago this weekend we drew 2-2 away at Droylsden! we are punching above our weight and we need our supporters to support and not moan for 90mins on friday. we can make a difference it has happened before. yes it is not so nice when the team you love is scrapping for it's league life for the 2nd time in as many years but if you love somthing then no matter what happens you give your all to keep it safe. when I am old and grey and Eric and John are long gone i will look back at their time in charge of our club with a big smile on my face, lets work together to keep this football league dream going for as long as we can.

sing loud and be PROUD

Loweiy
Old 02-04-2008, 10:59   #4
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post
we should leave the negativity on the message boards and walk with pride.
The ironic thing is that the message board has been fairly humming with positive vibes over the last few days thanks to the excellent prices for new season tickets. People who previously weren't going to buy season tickets have been changing their minds, new potential purchasers have been coming on board and there's been a generally optimistic atmosphere. Hell, even Depressed Toad has sounded happy!

If the club had even a basic grasp of Google Page Ranking, they would have built on this with more positive stories - Asa Hartford as Reserve Team Manager, leaflet drops in local schools (both stories that the club haven't bothered to tell us about - we've had to find out from forum members).

Instead, they put out an April Fool's Day story (which, even though it's a joke, includes some quite contentious quotes), then follow it up with a further story which has caused total confusion in the ranks - is it part two of the joke? Is it serious? So, in one, or should I say two swift moves, they have effectively dissolved much of the goodwill that they built up over the last few days!

Not exactly good customer relations, is it?
Old 02-04-2008, 11:09   #5
God Member

Here here Wynonie - of like mind myself on what you say, though im deeply sorry for the players & all the background staff - whom to me are Accrington Stanley, its them i feel for in all of this.

Message in old working class simplicity to Eric, Mill Owner is - no customers - no millerworkers -OR - no mill workers - no custom - then no Mill Owner !! Worth him remembering that.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 13:31   #6

Message in old working class simplicity to Eric, Mill Owner is - no customers - no millerworkers -OR - no mill workers - no custom - then no Mill Owner !! Worth him remembering that.[/quote]

Spot on.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 17:25   #7
Senior Member+

The background stories have given countrywide exposure to ASFC which commercially is probably worth a lot. The name change won't happen, FRiday night football this week will. As the post at the start of the thread said, lets get behind them. That doesn't just mean the singers or occasional singers its everyone! Whinney Hill & Main Stand can both do their bit to "will" Accy on to victory & another year in the promised land. Bad decisions etc all get the crowd excited, well on Friday lets get self generate that vocal "excitement" in encouragment for all things red & white. Can't wait..... we'll be doing our best to get it going on the Clayton End

On Stanley On
Accrington Go...........

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 17:44   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
If the club had even a basic grasp of Google Page Ranking, they would have built on this with more positive stories - Asa Hartford as Reserve Team Manager, leaflet drops in local schools (both stories that the club haven't bothered to tell us about - we've had to find out from forum members)
Exactly!

I think most of us know the difference between supporting a football team and criticising the two clowns who, having made an initial error, kept digging. So I can do without the sanctimonious twaddle above, not in the mood.

Eric and Rob seem determined to alienate the people of Accrington.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 18:08   #9
Senior Member+

Rob was a fan before he was the CE, I have stood with him as one of only 4 on a terrace at an away game, as many have. He was one of the fans who paid £125 each to fly a plane over Turf Moor with ASFC on it.... I could go on, but really I'll just leave you to it

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 18:11   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
He was one of the fans who paid £125 each to fly a plane over Turf Moor with ASFC on it.... I could go on, but really I'll just leave you to it
Really.. so it was him was it the cheeky chappie hehehehehehehe it wasn't that one during their real neighbours derby battle tother year when it was on telly?????

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 19:07   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
I have stood with him as one of only 4 on a terrace at an away game, as many have.

well thats a lie really innit? there were only two others - thats not many
Old 02-04-2008, 19:55   #12
Senior Member+

im bringing a lad who doesnt even like footy and has only ever been to 1 match in his life (liverpool in some rubbish 2nd round league cup tie).
I will be the loudest in the clayton end so my mate can see what i mean when i tell the lads a friday night at the fes can be special.
If we get anything like the macclesfield atmosphere (and scoreline), then we will have succeeded.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 20:47   #13
Senior Member+

Main Stand Give Us A Song!!!
Cowshed Give Us A Song!!!!!!

Cumon Get Behind The Lads On Friday!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 21:01   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Really.. so it was him was it the cheeky chappie hehehehehehehe it wasn't that one during their real neighbours derby battle tother year when it was on telly?????

No it was a play-off match in 1991. Wasn't funny at the time but have to say the high of winning the league the season after has just been made even more memorable knowing who wasted their money the year before
Old 02-04-2008, 21:02   #15

Talking Re: Focus must remain on Friday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
(which, even though it's a joke, includes some quite contentious quotes)
.....that were about as real as flying penguins...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..