Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2009, 22:54   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Game thread against Luton

Lindfield just does not have that end product! You can not knock him for the effort and play that he does becuase he is good working with mullin, chases down the ball, gets to flick ons but he just cant put it in back of the net. I think McConville will be a good league player just needs to get more weight so he does not get pushed off the ball he is good in the air though won few headers! Jay Bell play well aswell he can play the ball well. I would of played turner from the start he has pace, he runs at the defence, gets good crosses in and does not get pushed of the ball easy. Everytime he has started we seem to play better he creates chances for us! jimmy played really well in the centre would of been good if that shot would of gone in, he can sure put some power into his shots. Higginbottom should of come on at half time and Kissock as that was his last game for us i think? Should of won we needed to win. We was lucky they didnt score, hitting the post and the defender clearing off the line twice. Lets hope we get a clean sheet on saturday and coley is wearing a kilt.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2009, 23:20   #17
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Kissock can create from the middle - USE HIM!.

Well unless his loan has been extended then tonight was the end of the loan period..
Old 25-02-2009, 02:31   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
Well unless his loan has been extended then tonight was the end of the loan period..
The only information I could find was on the SkySports site which states that his loan with us began on 29th January. If that's true then he'll still be here for the Shots game.

Sky Sports | Football News | League 2 | Accrington Stanley | John Paul Kissock

It's hard to find such info when the fishy site's news archive won't allow access to 2009 articles, and of course he has no player profile.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 12:37   #19
Senior Member+

We are getting into a dog fight.

For my part I have a feeling that Bournemouth Barnet and Grimsby will survive.

Chester I am not sure about.

I would not like to put any money on the last relegation place though.

We must start getting some wins again.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 18:44   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post

Do not agree I feel that Ballmouth will escape but Luton along with one of three Chester,Barnet,Grimsby! Will follow them into the Blue Square, I have been confident all season that we will not be falling back out of the League

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 18:46   #21
K-P

Its never crossed my mind that we will end up in a relgation spot.. still hasnt.. dont doubt for a moment will will be high enough... Bournmouth I would put money on surving and in a way I hope they do.. but then again its a long drive ...
Old 25-02-2009, 19:15   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:

Bournemouth and Barnet I think will survive. Grimsby and Chester I am not so sure about.

A few wins, fingers crossed will take Stanley out of the equation as you say.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 19:29   #23

Another inept performance from accy,around xmas time i foresaw squeaky bum time approaching.Certain participants on this forum had a go at me and told me i should get behind the team instead of finding fault with the management.Colemans comments about the fans being to blame if accy go down is just a smoke screen to detract from the fact that he can't take critisism when things go wrong.If all the missing fans came back and we had a full house all the shouting and singing in the world wouldn't help while there is no cohesion in the team,i know we have a limited budget and things are tight but things haven't improved much over the last 2 and a half seasons.This is the 3rd season on the run looking over our shoulders and relying on the results of other teams,has coleman got some sort of a hex on Eric,many clubs would have sacked a manager with the record of W-L-Ds that we have.As a paying fan i have the right to my opinion,and that opinion is that Coleman should go,if not now then he should be replaced at the end of he season.I for one am fed up of paying good money to watch **** poor performances,i hope we get the points we need to survive,or is there some underlying plot????????????????????????????.

ACCY THROUGH AND THROUGH..
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 19:43   #24
Senior Member+

Grimsby have Adam Proudlock who I well know to be capable of performing at Championship Level let alone League 2 to score goals for them.

This is a Luton report:

Stanley stalemate frustrates Hatters - Bedford Today

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Old 25-02-2009, 23:37   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thought that was a pretty accurate summery,
Old 26-02-2009, 08:45   #26
Senior Member+

As I got to watch 90 minutes of a game for once, My opinion for whatever it is worth is:
McConville, I personally thought he had a fair start, looks a promising player for the future.
Miles - should have been replaced by Kissock - in fact Kissock should have started instead of Miles.
Too many long balls lumped up the park towards Mullin, who was getting nothing all night, and getting fouled into the process, which the Ref and his assistants failed to notice or just plain ignored it.
Jimmy Ryan - revelation, played his heart out.
Keiran Charnock - absolutely brilliant in defence, especially the goal line clearance.
Phil Edwards and Cav both rocks in defence and assisted in attack when they could.
Kenny looked a bit suspect for 2 chances when coming out but to be fair, his defence assisted and helped to keep it 0-0.
Turner when he came on was lucky to stay on the park, but otherwise had a few good runs.
Callum should also have played.
Maybe we should try a new system, because teams have sure as hell worked out how we play. Maybe it is time to move Paul Mullin into midfield next to his brother and use 2 smaller quicker forwards in attack.

Luton look a team doomed and I agree with K-P, I do not think we will be relegated, unless the seats don't go in in time. The second team is from Grimsby, Chester and Bournemouth, although I think the latter will escape. Personally, Chester are my favourites to accompany Luton to the BSP

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 13:31   #27
Senior Member+

Outback whats your view on Linfield?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 20:28   #28
Senior Member+

Luton Manager:

"It's a difficult place to come, John Coleman's built something special here coming from non-league and he can be proud of that.

"You know Accrington. They're hard-working, they're a great bunch of lads, they've got a fantastic spirit here, and, to be fair to them, they caused us a few problems."

Harford rues missed chances - Dunstable Today

Old 26-02-2009, 21:26   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Outback whats your view on Linfield?
Only seen him a couple of times and he looks useful, but I will reserve judgement just yet, although he was unlucky on a couple of occasions. Would have preferred Kissock playing with him rather than Miles

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 22:01   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Luton Manager:

"It's a difficult place to come, John Coleman's built something special here coming from non-league and he can be proud of that.

"You know Accrington. They're hard-working, they're a great bunch of lads, they've got a fantastic spirit here, and, to be fair to them, they caused us a few problems."

Harford rues missed chances - Dunstable Today
some of the dumbos on here should listen to harford, who has forgot more than they know.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..