Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2009, 19:10   #1

Game thread against Luton

Sean McConville makes full debut.

Pretty even start 0-0.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2009, 19:30   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Game thread against Luton

I see Andy Mangan's scored a hat-trick at Torquay.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 19:36   #3
Senior Member+

Hi all, need a win if Grimsby hold on to that lead - c'mon you Shrimps!
Old 24-02-2009, 20:02   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Hi all, need a win if Grimsby hold on to that lead - c'mon you Shrimps!
They've only gone and doubled it. 2-0 now.
Old 24-02-2009, 20:25   #5
Senior Member+

Morecambe now back to 2-2 at Grimsby!
Old 24-02-2009, 20:38   #7
Senior Member+

0-0 but at least Morecambe won 3-2 at Grimsby in the 90th minute.
Old 24-02-2009, 20:48   #8
Full Member+

Cheers Morecambe.
Old 24-02-2009, 20:50   #9
Senior Member+

..... but Bournemouth won too, in injury time .. makes my Dorset darling happy anyway.
Old 24-02-2009, 20:51   #10
Full Member+

Yikes only just noticed bournemouth.
Old 24-02-2009, 21:07   #11
Senior Member+

Two clean sheets. Does another at Shots mean Coley gets to wear his kilt?
Old 24-02-2009, 21:22   #12
God Member

I am sick to the back teeth of gutless, tactically inept performances. I don't even blame the players for this. The buck stops with the management. Throughout the game I noticed time and time again our players looking toward the dug-out for guidance, alas none came.
Before the game I was chomping at the bit to buy my cut price season ticket for next year; after the game I couldn't wish to be further away from it all.
When did my team get castrated?!

I was going to calm down and review the situation tomorrow morning but **** it. Let's vent.

McConville just isn't up to league football. Stick him in the reserves and stuff him with pies until he can stay on his feet.
Why sign Craig Lindfield? We've got a problem with scoring goals so we sign a player who just doesn't score. Right, brill. It's all very well giving his all for 90 minutes but it's no use when he's just plain rubbish.
This continuous long ball game doesn't work! How blind can the manager be? Kenny hoofs the ball... defender heads the ball... opposition attack with the ball... thank goodness Luton are rubbish because the ball's ended up back with Kenny - and so the cycle begins once again!
Sack John bloody Miles.
Play Jimmy Ryan on the right where he actually does his thing. He's wasted in the centre of the park. Kissock can create from the middle - USE HIM!

We all know we haven't got the resources of most of the other teams in this league, but when we're wasting the resources we do have then you get the performance we saw tonight - AN EMBARASSMENT.

Well done to Jay Bell, Chris Turner and Captain Marvel for giving us a little bit of spark and hope.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 21:42   #13
Full Member+

That was the dullest 90 minutes I`ve seen in a long while. Why not practise shooting at the goal instead of practising ropey corner tactics. If Coleys still wondering why the crowds are low, watch a rerun of that match. £ 13 for that, I feel i`ve been robbed!
Old 24-02-2009, 21:53   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Mick View Post
Why not practise shooting at the goal instead of practising ropey corner tactics.
Our corner routine now seems to consist of hitting 'em at a comfortable height for the first defender to head away. I can't begin to count how many we have wasted like this in the last two matches. Must be more than 12 though.
Unibond stuff tonight. Oh for a little bit of quality up front.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 21:56   #15
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Totaley agree about Craig Lindfield couldn't hit a barn door never mind the back of the net how he mist the open goal at the end i'll never know,should have taken him of at half time and brought Higginbottom on wasted on the bench and you could see hes getting frustrated with not getting the nod.thought John Miles had a good game in the thick of things Ryan had another good game,as for master Bell haven't made my mind up yet!needs more games,thougth he got court out of possiton a few times in the first half, improvement in the second.Mullers neely scored a cracking goal hit the cross bar,4 points dropped in last 2 games,we really shoudn't be looking over our sholder but Bournemouth only 9pts behind

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..