Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2010, 19:18   #16
Member.

Re: Get O'Neill Out - NOW

It’s a simple equation really; reduced income creates pressure in the system and with the shear number of abandoned games means the shoe string wares to a thread and eventually **** happens. I would have thought that under the agreement of Mr. Khan’s input at the end of last year he would be informed; governance is his responsibility.

We can’t keep blaming Mr. O’Neil or anyone else for what is a fluctuation of means which is likely to continue due to adverse conditions outside the control of those in control; Even if Mr. Khan bought the club outright, short falls would occasionally occur.

I can only see three options; Mr. Khan or someone else buy the club (keep pompy, notts and Chester in mind)

We sell the cutting edge players or we find the means to keep the income coming in during the fluctuations in played games or out of season.

Forget equality ownership; even if you can get people to buy a maximum 35% it’s not going to mean they will all keep putting money in. Unless we can keep the minimum required income up; this will keep happening.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Accrington Web
Old 26-02-2010, 19:47   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
We can’t keep blaming Mr. O’Neil or anyone else for what is a fluctuation of means which is likely to continue due to adverse conditions outside the control of those in control; Even if Mr. Khan bought the club outright, short falls would occasionally occur.
No one's blaming O'Neill for cirumstances beyond his control; it's the inability to deal with these inevitable situations that will obviously occur throughout the season. His title is director of day to day operations yet he is clearly not dealing with them sufficiently. Twice since Christmas payments to HMRC have been missed. This should be our first priority after the way the club has behaved in their eyes over the past few years! The first instance of a missed payment because "we thought we had more time to pay" was ridiculous enough. For a payment to be missed again is a downright failure on the part of the people running the club day-to-day, IMHO.
Old 26-02-2010, 20:01   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
It’s a simple equation really; reduced income creates pressure in the system and with the shear number of abandoned games means the shoe string wares to a thread and eventually **** happens.
But should it? The people in charge of the day to day running of the club have been there long enough by now. Why haven't they increased the club's income from non footballong activities and secured more sponsership? Are they able to do so? If not, at the very least they need help. We know HMRC aren't mucking about and really we should have anticipated losing a few games to the weather in winter. I don't have any answers and not being local I don't know what efforts the club are making but can the powers that be honestly say they've done all they can? If so, is it time to admit that the job us too big for them?
Old 26-02-2010, 20:09   #19
God Member

We also now have has many people behind the scenes in one role or another as we have ever had

The problem in the past we were always told was too much time was spent on day to day firefighting and not enough bodies so what's the problem now?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 26-02-2010 at 20:16.
Old 26-02-2010, 20:19   #20
Senior Member+

The club's statement doesn't ring true. The club would have known the amount to pay at the end of February. HMRC required payment either by cheque at their offices on 19 March or by cleared funds in their bank account on 22 March. These dates are the same every month and should be well known to those at the club responsible for paying HMRC. Both are before the Burton match was due to be played. It seems someone's trying to pull the wool over our eyes and I'm guessing that Ilyas and Peter haven't been kept in the loop. In some companies heads would roll!
Old 26-02-2010, 21:09   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
The club's statement doesn't ring true. The club would have known the amount to pay at the end of February. HMRC required payment either by cheque at their offices on 19 March or by cleared funds in their bank account on 22 March. These dates are the same every month and should be well known to those at the club responsible for paying HMRC. Both are before the Burton match was due to be played. It seems someone's trying to pull the wool over our eyes and I'm guessing that Ilyas and Peter haven't been kept in the loop. In some companies heads would roll!

Either I'm reading that wrong or you are a month ahead of things Mike
Old 26-02-2010, 21:17   #22
God Member

It's probably January's debt.
Old 26-02-2010, 21:44   #23
Super Moderator

Just imagine how Coley and Jimmy must be feeling. On the verge of the play-offs and their hands tied behind their backs ONCE AGAIN.
Old 26-02-2010, 21:51   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Just imagine how Coley and Jimmy must be feeling. On the verge of the play-offs and their hands tied behind their backs ONCE AGAIN.
thats one of my gripes, assume they were not kept in loop, as coley was trying to sign a player early this week.
Old 26-02-2010, 21:55   #25
Full Member+

Why are we still lurching from crisis to crisis? Something is apparently wrong in the day-to-day running of this club. If I were Coley, in the light of this, I would be touting my availabilty to any club who might be interested. I think, when you're looking at the play-offs and you've lined loan deals up, this might be the straw that breaks the camel's back! Good luck, Coley, at whichever well organised club you choose to go to! I just feel SO sad! You deserve better than this tinpot outfit!

Last edited by Oldgobbin; 26-02-2010 at 21:58.
Old 26-02-2010, 22:06   #26
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats one of my gripes, assume they were not kept in loop, as coley was trying to sign a player early this week.
The team set of this morning to Torquay about 9.15 and this news was first posted Today at 17:54 so may be JC & JB and the team don't know
Old 26-02-2010, 22:20   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
The team set of this morning to Torquay about 9.15 and this news was first posted Today at 17:54 so may be JC & JB and the team don't know
team may not know mab, but doubt if J.C. don't,after all he was unable to sign that player. assume they told him when they couldn't avoid it.
Old 26-02-2010, 22:24   #28
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
team may not know mab, but doubt if J.C. don't,after all he was unable to sign that player.
True cashy
Old 27-02-2010, 07:51   #29

Good morning everyone. i am just getting ready to go to torquay. i was in Accy yesterday and went with Rob Heys and Peter Marsden to meet a variety of people, including our new accountants and Hyndburn Borough Council.

I found out about the situation with the embargo on Tuesday this week. Whilst its not good in any way shape or form, i would suggest that there has been a degree of over reaction on this forum. Remember, In times past the club would not have posted the update on the website - so I would hope that at least some credit might be found for the fact that the club has been pro active. And the amount is entirely manageable, in fact its barely 10% of the amount that was the petition debt in October.

However, I do agree that the signal is not positive, but I would suggest that there is a tad over reaction in some of the messages. Doug - your comments are particularly off the mark. I have invited you in the past to come and let me benefit from your obvious wisdom (you seem to have all the answers to every problem). Please do now take up the offer and come to the club and tell me what I should be doing. And i am keen to learn from you what exactly "governance" might imply when you use the phrase.

For the rest of us - fans, directors and players - I would like to think we should be focused on the next game. and then the one after that. Get my drift.

Turning now to "blame". This thread is titled "get oneil out now". Yes, David and Rob manage the club day to day, and yes, this incident is clearly something that should have been planned for better. If anyone has a right to be angry, it is me. I do not think this particular oversight has the weight or seriousness that has been implied, and I am very sure that when David and I next meet with the rest of the board, we will try to figure out how to avoid these situations. But please believe me when I say that I am very happy that the club took the opportunity to pro-actively inform the community of something that woudl not otherwise have been in the public domain.

I will close by confirming that I will inject the shortfall that will be required, and as the Telegraph story points out, the signing is just delayed.

I hope that later on this evening the threads will return to the subject of the footy game.

take care all - and Doug, I really do mean what i say. Hiding behind the bulletin boards has gone on for long enough. Please make an appointment and come and see me at the club. I would love to be lectured to by you and I am sure I will benefit, as will the club, from your wisdom and your commercial acuity. My mobile is 07826 600600. Ring it. come and see me please.

Ilyas
Old 27-02-2010, 07:59   #30
God Member

Smile Re: Get O'Neill Out - NOW

Ilyas, just to say once again, thank you for coming on here and answering the questions, which in turn, puts our mind at ease! I also take on board fully the point of the club keeping us informed of this, rather than the dark secretive days under the EW regime!! Take care and help the lads bring back 3 points from Torquay!!!!

19 Years in the Football League

Last edited by Neil; 27-02-2010 at 09:59. Reason: double post removed so last line was then confusing
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..