Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2010, 08:02   #31
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Get O'Neill Out - NOW

Morning Ilyas! And thank you for your post this morning
Old 27-02-2010, 08:14   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Either I'm reading that wrong or you are a month ahead of things Mike
Oops. I am. For 'end of February' read 'end of January' and March read February. But it doesn't affect the point I was making.

Now for 3 points at Torquay.

Last edited by MikeA; 27-02-2010 at 08:17.
Old 27-02-2010, 08:16   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thanks fer responding Ilyas, sorry i have to disagree about this not being serious, it is in the fact that with our low gates, it is vital trust is rebuilt, given what occured last october, to my mind this incident cannot have helped one little bit.
Old 27-02-2010, 08:40   #34
God Member

Thanks Ilyas, its not that this message board is over reacting, its mearely concerned about yourself and the club, we really appreciate what u have done for the club and its supporters that we are concerned that u will be footing the bill rather than the club prioritising its finances and managing them better, forecasting postponed games and keeping to what we can afford. Revenue streams had improved with high gate games of recent plus success of club shop, in light of this, club is forever robbing peter to pay paul senario, never catching up. That is the issue and yourself and peter cant keep bailing em out forever and that u both shouldn't need to nor should that be relied on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 27-02-2010, 09:04   #35
Super Moderator

Cheers, Ilyas and I take your point about the new era of transparency at the club. What bothers me is how all this looks to the general public out there in the Accrington and East Lancs area. Those who aren't dedicated supporters of the club like us and who don't read the messageboard and so don't know the full story. All they're going to see is the newspaper headlines, reinforcing the impression of "same old Stanley - lurching from crisis to crisis." These are the people who we're hoping to entice to maybe just a few matches a season or perhaps to pick up a little item of Stanley merchandise when they're in town.

I fully admit that unlike Doug, I know nothing of business finance, but surely there must be a better way of doing it than this?
Old 27-02-2010, 10:58   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Cheers, Ilyas and I take your point about the new era of transparency at the club. What bothers me is how all this looks to the general public out there in the Accrington and East Lancs area. Those who aren't dedicated supporters of the club like us and who don't read the messageboard and so don't know the full story. All they're going to see is the newspaper headlines, reinforcing the impression of "same old Stanley - lurching from crisis to crisis." These are the people who we're hoping to entice to maybe just a few matches a season or perhaps to pick up a little item of Stanley merchandise when they're in town.

I fully admit that unlike Doug, I know nothing of business finance, but surely there must be a better way of doing it than this?
this is what i was alluding to, to me aint about convincing the regulars, was many folk far n wide aided stanley during our darkest hours, its about attempting to attract some of those who have never been near the crown, to perhaps come along, that task is difficult to begin with, things like this do not help. IMHO.
Old 27-02-2010, 11:12   #37
Senior Member+

Thanks Ilyas, I for one look forward to meeting you in Torquay this afternoon. To those who say we stumble along with small crowds, we have had an increase in support since last season and now have an average attendance figure of over 2,000, so somebody is doing something right. Lets get behind The board and the management and team. In Ilyas we trust, I think he has said all we need to know and if Dave O'Niell is god enough for him, then he's good enough for me

PS that average is without the SOS and all cup games included!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 27-02-2010, 11:15   #38
Senior Member+

thanks Iylas

One question - why cant Dave Oneill or Rob Heys communicate on this board with the fans.
We know that they read it, so why cant they post on it?
Old 27-02-2010, 11:59   #39
God Member

Thanks Ilyas for your message. I'm sorry if I started and titled this thread in haste or over-reaction but I can't say that the sentiment has budged one bit since. As you say, there is a small positive to be found in the fact that we found out from the official club website rather than the plackards. However there are two issues that understandably worry the fans; firstly the relationship with HMRC is being rebuilt on rockier ground than is necessary (with regards to the two payments made late since Christmas), secondly the public perception of the club can only suffer through these failures and at a time when the club is failing to secure sponsorship in the most important areas, this type of publicity is not helpful. Extending the issue of public perception, come Monday the Lancashire Evening Telegraph is bound to do the club its usual injustice and although us fans can expect, prepare and ignore the piece; the likelihood that the rest of its readership will do the same is slim. That's not even mentioning the strangling effect upon Coley's tasks that he doesn't need. I'm happy to put this thread to bed but as said at the start, the sentiment continues and the repercussions remain. Now to focus our energies on Torquay; Saturday is Stanley day.

Last edited by shakermaker; 27-02-2010 at 12:07.
Old 27-02-2010, 13:44   #40
God Member

I appreciate your comments and thank you for your commitment as always Ilyas.

Mistakes & Bungles do happen that is a fact of life with us humans

There is a perception and I may be on my own here but I very much doubt it that all last years troubles and the way everything was handled left a very deep scar with everyone connected with the Club especially Supporters who rallied in every way shape & form to our striken Clubs plight.

We have a had a few communications from the Club that to say the least that have either had a hollow ring or a very soft underbelly to them and have certainly left me with a bad feeling of Deja Vu.

On the field things have gone from strength to strength while off it some things have improved others things seeem to have just lurched along as they always have.

The Club must be at the forefront with Stong Leadership, Passion Drive and Commitment to firstly help rebuild bridges and earn back the trust with fans and then look at reaching out to the rest of the Community to help build on solid foundations being created on the playing side of things.

Only then will the scar really begin to heal

As I say these are my feelings and I apologise if I cause any offence

I want to be passionate about my team our team

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 27-02-2010 at 13:51.
Old 27-02-2010, 19:22   #41

Just read the thread and can't see what is wrong with what Doug said to be honest

I work with people who have no real interest with the club and they tell me Stanley haven't been paying their bills again its just the perception some people have of the club.
Old 27-02-2010, 19:40   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Just read the thread and can't see what is wrong with what Doug said to be honest

I would think this line caused great offence

"I can only see three options; Mr. Khan or someone else buy the club (keep pompy, notts and Chester in mind) "

I suspect it's bad grammar on Doug's part ( at least I hope I'm right ). I think what Doug meant is if Ilyas doesn't buy the club ( which he has made clear he doesn't want to if memory serves right ), then you could have an outsider buying it and taking it the same way as the clubs mentioned.

Unfortunatley it reads like he was putting Ilyas in with the mercenaries
Old 27-02-2010, 19:48   #43

Oh I read it as if some strangers come along and buy the club it might go t***s up

I think it might have been the governance bit
Old 27-02-2010, 19:53   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Oh I read it as if some strangers come along and buy the club it might go t***s up

I think it might have been the governance bit
Maybe it's just the way I read it then
Old 27-02-2010, 20:28   #45
Member.

Shurm & Dave cheers for your foresight; people do read things differently and as I often write on the hoof I can understand that what I say can be misunderstood.

Let me make one point first; I don’t have any grievance against Mr. Khan, quite the opposite. I have a lot of respect for what Mr. Khan and Mr. Marsden have done for the club and quite rightly had they had not done what they did we would have no club today. But I am mindful of the contribution of Mr. O’Neil and all of those individuals who put their hands in their pockets to help the cause, we seem to forget them.

Dave you are correct in your assumption, it was poor grammar on my part. When I made the governance remark what I meant it to read was; Mr. Khan should have been notified immediately this issue became known.

I not going to apologise for my posts; I make mistakes like anyone else. But my overall point was leave people alone; yes they are cocking up, but sooner or later things will come together.

Income is the main problem; Mr. O’Neil made it clear the he was not going to input loads of cash and we don’t need any more loans; Mel said that it wasn’t right for Mr. Khan to keep putting his hand in is pocket and that is true. I know he loves the club, but he shouldn’t be there just as a piggy bank for the club or the fans but I do respect his actions are keeping us above water.

I wasn’t hurt by the comments made. I’m a big boy and I don’t take offence really and I don’t have any answers.

Today’s result was gutting; we need the confidence that away wins bring and we need the income that home gates bring, postponed games will hit us hard and bills will be missed, given our history I doubt that the excise man will be the only unpaid debt.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..