Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2010, 19:29   #76
God Member

Re: Get O'Neill Out - NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Thursday 5-till 7 will be OK for some

HOWEVER, we currently have a commitment to host a very senior match that evening:

Burnley FC v Everton FC in the FA Premier League (Reserve North)

Currently our standing within this organasion is very low; although IMHO we have some good reasons why BFC have only played 1 home game since September.

It's down to Google Page Ranking, attention to detail and the Accy weather!!

In order to host this match, the vast majority of our superb match day staff, will be working yet another shift!!

Can't see the problem myself, they will all just have to pay £3 to get in
Old 28-02-2010, 19:29   #77
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
What baffles me about all this is how Ilyas has managed to become a millionaire merchant banker and Doug's a Fylde coast care assistant ???

With no disrespect to Mr. Khan. I was excluding him from the equation; last year the fans couldn’t keep the club alive with the help of other clubs and the people of Accrington, had it not been for Mr. Khan’s generosity last year ASFC would have been a memory now.

What I am trying to understand is how without a single owner/share holder with the means to provide continuous investment, how would ASFC survive; the problem I have with 35% maximum holding is that the fans collectively could end up owning the greater majority holding in the club and not have the financial means to carry it on.

It’s not a put down yerself, it’s a an attempt to understand how others see the situation without having to depend on Mr. Khan’s Generosity every time there’s a blip.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 28-02-2010, 19:41   #78

Doug. Firstly, thank you for calling me earlier in the week in response to my request. It was good to talk, and as I said in my comments to you, bulletin boards are not always the easiest place to post messages that are not fully clear. Your last couple of message touch on a point that has long been a mystery to many clubs. Ergo, how can a club be run for the benefit of the community, but at the same time not be subject to the whims and fancy of a megolamaniac. Other variations of the same question are equally valid.

With respect to Lowey's point about somehow restraining ownership to a certain level, I think that is unlikely to work, but I do think that another way to achieve his objective is currently achieveable for ASFC. I would be happy to expand further in a different thread (I dont want to post on this for obvious reasons as i think the thread title is not appropriate). So if you and Lowey want to extend the conversation but in a different place, then go ahead and i will happily chuck in my tuppeny worth.
Old 28-02-2010, 19:55   #79
Member.

It was good to talk to you Mr. Khan at last and I value your comments. I would love to understand how we could achieve stability and the financial means to push the club forward; it would also be nice to have a discussion on the subject without being misunderstood. It’s not my wish to put down other peoples views or feelings, what I would like to do is understand them and contribute to the process of keeping ASFC alive and viable for the future.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 28-02-2010, 19:59   #80

doug, please call me Ilyas. that woudl be a great start !

and if you and lowey get that other thread going this week, i will try to contribute. i find that a good discussion almost always gives more back to me than i contribute in terms of new ideas and ways of thinking. the trick is to have an open mind, and to be able to maintain a civil exchange and sometimes think of the way that the world looks to the other person.

see you soon.
Old 28-02-2010, 20:00   #81
Super Moderator

Ilyas, sorry, trying to keep up with all posts!!

BFC v EFC ko 7pm.

In the past the lounge has been unavailable to those on the ground. However IF this is the case it should be broadcast to the general public, so that they are aware!! Communication is key!!
Old 28-02-2010, 20:05   #82
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

no need whatsoever ilyas to say sorry fer taking time to reply, end of the day, we all want the same thing, n you are far busier than me. things have improved a great deal since D-Day, still have a way to go, the 64.000 dollar question is - The Best Way. hopefully some light will be shed on thursday, i sincerly hope so. i'm sure there will be some useful contributions.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:19   #83
God Member

As this thread has come to better conclusions will now close it so that discussions can be maintained on new thread here http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...sue-52049.html specially on this topic.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..