Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2008, 15:45   #31
God Member

Re: Gillingham match

buggering eck - it was 0-0 when I sat down for tea!

Kenny'll have to just start again then won't he? FREEDOM!
Old 30-08-2008, 15:47   #32
Senior Member+

Can i still come if i dont know owt about football?or is someone willing to teach me?

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 15:49   #33
Senior Member+

Beeb site says Macc 0 Darlo 6 and Chester 5 Barnet 0

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 15:50   #34
Senior Member+

I see that Sean Whalley scored twice today for Wrexham. He's having a good season.
Old 30-08-2008, 15:53   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
Can i still come if i dont know owt about football?or is someone willing to teach me?

Of course u can u will soon pick it up

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 15:58   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Beeb site says Macc 0 Darlo 6 and Chester 5 Barnet 0
Mannix and Barry were unused subs when I last looked. For whatever reason Harris did not feature in the squad.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Old 30-08-2008, 15:59   #37
God Member

Full time guys oh ****** back to the norm, [i so wish i did the reverse psych on predictions worked last 2 times ]

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 15:59   #38
God Member

Chester five nil

Harris out

Any coincidence?
Old 30-08-2008, 16:05   #39
Senior Member+

By not having Barry, Mannix and Harris in the starting line-up, they probably had midfielders that passed forward.
Old 30-08-2008, 16:28   #40
Junior Member+

harris probably suspended
darrener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 19:30   #41
Senior Member+

Report:

Gillingham 1-0 Accrington Stanley - Football News | SPORTBOX.tv - Nothing Inside But Sport

Old 31-08-2008, 16:12   #42
Senior Member+

Anyone on here go ? Sounds like it was a dogged defensive effort, with Kenny starring, that nearly got a reward, but were Gillingham good/bad/average ? And did we look up for it ?
Old 31-08-2008, 21:12   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Anyone on here go ? Sounds like it was a dogged defensive effort, with Kenny starring, that nearly got a reward, but were Gillingham good/bad/average ? And did we look up for it ?
Hi Chris,

To answer your questions, it was frustrating having got so close to full-time to concede when we did, but the goal was the culmination of a 10-minute period when we had barely got out of our box, and were it not for a combination of poor finishing and inspired goalkeeping by Kenny, the game would have been beyond us earlier.

Gillingham looked a decent side to me, they were very committed and rarely gave us any time on the ball. There are no complaints either about Stanley’s commitment, they gave it their all and we saw some tremendously tenacious defending from the entire back-four, we were just beaten by a more creative attacking side on the day. John Mullin and Procky don’t give us much pace in the middle and we missed the attacking thrust that Craney gave us from midfield. Their No.10, Jackson, the best player on display, did exactly that for the Gills and caused us no end of trouble.

The front two of Mullin and Clarke looks potentially good if they can work out how to combine most effectively, but Clarke needs quality service, and that was lacking yesterday. Incidentally, Mullers will have been kicking himself all the way back up north yesterday as he missed the sort of chance we’ve come to expect him to put away, nodding wide when picked out at the back post, although he wasn’t able to really attack the ball.

So no real complaints about the result, just a few worries about how we are going to link midfield to attack without resorting solely to lumping it up to Mullin.

See you soon

Phil
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:52   #44
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
so far so good, jeff will be pleased, the old git stopped in last night due to the long drive down,
Less of the 'old git' - you're older than me. Didn't stop in but just had a couple of pints less than usual. It will be the same next week as it's another long drive.
On the ninety minutes Gillingham deserved to win but when we went one down Coley made his usual inspired substitutions. Procky off and Rocky on in midfield, then Murdock off and Murphy on - Rocky put back to centre hald and Murphy in midfield. I would have thought with ten minutes left he could have brought Onibuje on up front to chase a goal but Coley knows better.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:39   #45
Senior Member+

Match report from The Times: Dennis Oli strike secures Gillingham victory | Football League - Times Online
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..