Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2024, 15:57   #1
God Member

Gills thread

OK, I’ll start it!
What a result!
Listened to it on Radio Lancs and it sounded a well deserved 3 away points. Well done lads.
cashman and choirboy like this.
Old 12-10-2024, 16:01   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Gills thread

Costelloe, Aljofree and Ben Woods HAVE to start every match.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2024, 16:04   #3

Blimey! Who saw that coming?
When your on the ropes then knock-out the current leaders on their own turf what's to fear?
Could this be the turning point for our season?
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2024, 16:12   #4
God Member

Ok, here's the plan going forward -.no match thread till AFTER the game, it seems to work in our favour
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2024, 16:14   #5

Brilliant Result. Only two really good chances in the first half. One for either side, but Stanley played well ........and in the second-half they stayed calm after going behind to a goal from a cross that Ben Woods was slow to get across to stop. He made up for his error with a superb goal and Costello's finish was a fabulous shot across the Keepers body into the opposite corner of the net.....Really made my weekend and I haven't looked at the table yet....although it's points on the board that are important right now.....
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2024, 16:16   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Ok, here's the plan going forward -.no match thread till AFTER the game, it seems to work in our favour
And I nearly started the thread just before Half-Time......That was close!!
choirboy likes this.
Old 12-10-2024, 16:21   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Brilliant Result. Only two really good chances in the first half. One for either side, but Stanley played well ........and in the second-half they stayed calm after going behind to a goal from a cross that Ben Woods was slow to get across to stop. He made up for his error with a superb goal and Costello's finish was a fabulous shot across the Keepers body into the opposite corner of the net.....Really made my weekend and I haven't looked at the table yet....although it's points on the board that are important right now.....
Two points clear of the drop zone.
choirboy likes this.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2024, 16:31   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Two points clear of the drop zone.
Thanks Haggis........I'll celebrate tonight.....
cashman, Haggis316 and choirboy like this.
Old 12-10-2024, 16:46   #9
Senior Member+

An absolutely super win for the Reds! ⚽️Really well done to the Stanley fans who travelled all that way dahn yonder!Enjoy your journey home.

Last edited by choirboy; 12-10-2024 at 16:48.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2024, 17:52   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Are you listening Kiwi?
Kiwi John likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2024, 18:18   #11
God Member

Yes dear Lord Stiffy...I was soooo knackered, I decided to give this game a miss, therefore NO thread starting,AND I entered my prediction. as a loss...all these factors surely qualify me as 'Man of the Gameday Forum ' award?... and great stuff STANLEY..on ya go.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2024, 21:40   #12

Just seen some extended highlights. Brilliant winner!
Great to have Ben Woods back! Adds mobility to the central midfield which was badly missing in the games I have seen.
Greger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2024, 22:01   #13
God Member

Just seen those highlights as well-best part was seeing Gills fans leaving early.
pifco likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2024, 12:39   #14

Thought that having Woods and Coyle in centre-mid gave us more bite and made us more aggressive going forward in the second half. Gills supporters afterwards told me they were impressed with the attacking intent, quick and direct.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2024, 12:52   #15
Full Member+

And could have had a couple more if Batty had shown a bit more composure. Had great opportunities to pass to people unmarked in the box, but shot wildly himself.

Very impressed with the second half display. Kept them at arms length despite their ball possession and we were very quick on the counter.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..