Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2008, 23:55   #1
Senior Member+

Good luck to Graham, wherever he goes

<TABLE class=storycontent cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>This really did make me sit up!

The rest is straight from BBC Website (11 days late?)

Veteran Branch to extend career

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=storybody><!-- S BO --><!-- S IIMA --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> Branch aims to carry on playing next season (Getty)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IIMA --><!-- S SF -->
Accrington veteran Graham Branch has said he plans to carry on playing next season - but is not sure if it will be with Stanley or another club.
Branch, 36, is out of contract in the summer and has still to discuss a new deal with manager John Coleman.
He told BBC Radio Lancashire he has no plans to retire: "I'm looking forward to wherever I may be next year."
"I've still got the hunger and enough life in my legs - I enjoy it too much. You're a long time retired." <!-- E SF -->
The former Burnley and Tranmere midfielder has not always been a first-team regular at the Fraser Eagle Stadium this season and is not sure if he will offered a new deal
"I don't think anyone's been given an indication yet. The gaffer likes to leave it late. <!-- S IBOX --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD class=sibStdQuote>
I've still got the hunger - you're a long time retired Accrington Stanley's Graham Branch

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IBOX -->"I'm sure I'll have a conversation with him soon. Accrington aren't a rich club so the gaffer has a tough job - I'm sure he'll do the right thing by the club."
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-04-2008, 00:01   #2

Re: Good luck to Graham, wherever he goes

i don`t care where he goes just as long as its not at stanley he`s the most useless load of xxxx i`ve seen he`s even worse than whalley good riddence i say
steve chippendale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:22   #3
Senior Member+

To be fair, from what he's said above he seems to be a genuine enough bloke. I hope he goes to a club where he'll get regular games and he'll enjoy seeing out the end of his career.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:01   #4
Senior Member+

I've still got the hunger and enough life in my legs - I enjoy it too much. You're a long time retired." .

Remembering some of the 'kids', who whilst, not exactly giving Graham the run-around
during this season's games, have neverthless, left him woefully lacking the pace to catch them,thus allowing them to set up goal-scoring opportunities for their Central Strikers, I would, in a well-meaning sort of way ( because Graham Branch, as a Footballer and a Man has never been the 'load of sh**e' described in a previous posting!). I would suggest that although Graham believes there to be 'enough life in his legs', this 'life',as many of us have discovered over the years, reaches a point where it is becomes no longer sufficient to meet the demands placed upon it !!, and we shake our heads (and our hearts!) and say 'enough is enough', and seek pastures new!.
Graham's style of play always exemplifies the fact that there is a keen 'Football Brain'
directing the skills which he displays. This we should recognise and applaud. If he is to remain at the FES, then one would hope that he is allowed to pass his knowledge and skills on to the 'next generation' ( Of which the Club is rightly proud!). If he leaves, as
might well be the case, I for one hope that he continues to find success in the profession which he has, and still, serves with a comittment which is sometimes seen to be lacking in some of his colleagues!.
I wish him well in whatever he does !.

'WHAT ME WORRY ?' When I see and hear thoughtless villification of those who don't deserve it I do !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:53   #5
God Member

Smile Re: Good luck to Graham, wherever he goes

It was good to see this week that Graham, Paul Mullin & five others were all taking there Level Two Coaching Badges this week it can only help gel the team more on the pitch and give them a better understanding of the game from a coaching point of view as well as their communication skills!

Well Done Lads

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:59   #6

It is good to branch out !
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:02   #7
Senior Member+

Not had the best of times at stanley and i dont think coley will offer him a new contract to be honest. However good luck branchy!

GRAHAM BRANCH`S BARMY ARMY!!!!!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 19:54   #8
Senior Member+

He actually did ok today, but he seriously lacks pace. The only player slower than Branch is Webb, but it's a close call.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..