Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2009, 18:40   #16
God Member

Re: Good marketing Good idea..

Great the "kids go free" was focussed on, that's what we need next generations!

One other key area that is maybe a little overlooked and could be brought more to the fore is the full time Student prices at £50, posters up in around local colleges & sixth form centres?
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2009, 18:47   #17
Junior Member+

Hey thanks for the response from you 2 gentlemen.... ( Well im assuming your men)

with regards to the student price we have got a presentation in line for accrington college in may sometime so that is already in the pipe line.. I also study at Bburn college so we are also going to talk to them about doing the same there as we are doing with ACROSS. Just a thought actually student money comes mid April so i should set up a stall for then (when they all have money) lol

Also touch up on the other stores, we didnt have any more lined up but due to saturday at ASDA being a good success we are looking at contacting other stores aswell.

Thanks for your ideas xxx
lancashirelassz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 18:47   #18
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
Seriously though, Clitheroe and Haslingden/Rossendale valley should be fair game.
Good point...and what about that Gateway Supermarket up Ossy?...and isn't there some sort of out-of-town shopping centre at Whitebirk (excuse my ignorance, but not lived up there for over 20 years)? Could we not arrange to have a stand there? Problem now is that time is running out. Couldn't they put the discount deadline day back for a couple of weeks? After all, things are suddenly looking up on the pitch after a long, hard winter and people may need a little time to react to that!
Old 30-03-2009, 18:50   #19
God Member

Maybe the last game of the Season, could be made into "Family Day"

I don't quite how it would stand with legalities?

possible ideas, kids entertainer e.g. stilt walker or juggler, face painting, balloons etc. meet the players

obviously free tickets for the kids and see where it goes
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 18:50   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Good point...and what about that Gateway Supermarket up Ossy?...and isn't there some sort of out-of-town shopping centre at Whitebirk (excuse my ignorance, but not lived up there for over 20 years)? Could we not arrange to have a stand there? Problem now is that time is running out. Couldn't they put the discount deadline day back for a couple of weeks? After all, things are suddenly looking up on the pitch after a long, hard winter and people may need a little time to react to that!
think thats a relevant remark n well worth consideration IMHO.
Old 30-03-2009, 19:15   #21
God Member

Don't know if it's any help but they are planning a big day in town on Good Friday because of the Ossy Mills opening. I know they are opening the market as well so it should be as busy as it's going to get

Perhaps worth taking the trailer down and some leaflets ?

Even more so if Stanley have a shop in the town centre Ossy Mills, ( does anyone know if they are doing that ? ) . I noticed the season ticket posterss up in the windows now
Old 30-03-2009, 19:19   #22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Don't know if it's any help but they are planning a big day in town on Good Friday because of the Ossy Mills opening. I know they are opening the market as well so it should be as busy as it's going to get

Perhaps worth taking the trailer down and some leaflets ?

Even more so if Stanley have a shop in the town centre Ossy Mills, ( does anyone know if they are doing that ? ) . I noticed the season ticket posterss up in the windows now
Good idea, Dave, but the problem is, as it stands at the moment, the discount deal will have finished by then. Come on, Stanley, extend the deadline date and get some new leaflets and posters printed up!
Old 30-03-2009, 19:23   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Good idea, Dave, but the problem is, as it stands at the moment, the discount deal will have finished by then.
Had to go and check then what the deadline was , thought it was end of April but I was getting you lot confused with somebody else
Old 30-03-2009, 19:26   #24
Junior Member+

I will be able to look at getting the deadline date for the "early bird" offer extended ad will mention it as soon as i step foot in the office tomorrow... I think i recallsomeone saying it was entended last year aswell.

We already have some sort of shop in Ossy Mills selling our menchandise so again i will contact them re the day in Great Harwood on Good Friday... Thanks

Now Pendle Red with regards to some sort of entertainment on the last home game of the season which is Chesterfield on the 25/04, well i think this is a fantastic idea... But it needs to be rranged ASAP and posters distributed indicating "family Day, Children Go Free". I also have a funny feeling that on this day there is some sort of end of season party in the Buy the House lounge so maybe this could coincide with that event aswell, not sure whether it is welcoming children as i havent arranged this but i will again look into in tomorrow.

Thanks again for all the kind suggestions and comments..

toni x x x
lancashirelassz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 19:34   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancashirelassz View Post
i will contact them re the day in Great Harwood on Good Friday... Thanks
You'll be in the wrong town

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 19:40   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
You'll be in the wrong town

Yep, Accrington not Great Harwood
Old 30-03-2009, 20:03   #27
Super Moderator

She's got the right idea, though...why not give out leaflets in Harwood, Rishton, Whalley and other places? Got to be worth a try!
Old 30-03-2009, 20:04   #28
God Member

Bit late now but I think handing out car stickers would spread the word

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 22:00   #29
God Member

the best bit of all this is some communication and enthusiasm from a club rep on this board. Well done Toni, please keep it up.

Incidentally, are you now employed permanently by the club or just helping out?
Old 30-03-2009, 22:46   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancashirelassz View Post
I will be able to look at getting the deadline date for the "early bird" offer extended ad will mention it as soon as i step foot in the office tomorrow... I think i recallsomeone saying it was entended last year aswell.

We already have some sort of shop in Ossy Mills selling our menchandise so again i will contact them re the day in Great Harwood on Good Friday... Thanks

Now Pendle Red with regards to some sort of entertainment on the last home game of the season which is Chesterfield on the 25/04, well i think this is a fantastic idea... But it needs to be rranged ASAP and posters distributed indicating "family Day, Children Go Free". I also have a funny feeling that on this day there is some sort of end of season party in the Buy the House lounge so maybe this could coincide with that event aswell, not sure whether it is welcoming children as i havent arranged this but i will again look into in tomorrow.

Thanks again for all the kind suggestions and comments..

toni x x x
I've also booked the lounge for that date, for my stag do with Dan, might not be the most welcoming place for kiddies.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..