Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2009, 10:24   #1

Good marketing Good idea..

ASDA Accrington – Saturday 28th March 2009
Accrington Stanley FC will be hosting a season ticket launch event at Asda Accrington from 10am-4pm.

There will be a number of ASFC staff and members of the Supporters Group on hand promoting the fantastic 2009/10 season ticket prices. Goalkeeper, Kenny Arther, central midfielder, Andrew Procter and exciting winger, Chris Turner will be signing autographs from 10.00-10.30am before they set off to Rotherham for the 3pm kick off at the Don Valley stadium. Commercial Manager Dan Warburton added, “It’s a great opportunity for the club to get out and raise further awareness about the excellent season ticket prices in very busy Asda store on their busiest trading day of the week. The staff at Asda Accrington have been very supportive towards assisting in the club in the promotional activities we are undertaking and we will look to continue to partner with them in the future.”

So pass on the message to family and friends and we hope to see you over at Asda on Saturday.

Copied from Fishy..

This is what we have been short of ?? Get the players out and use them to help sell the club, this is a good positve for me. Keep it working get the players in the schools sell sell sell they wont come to us lets go to them.

Well done Dan Well done OSC
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2009, 10:30   #2
God Member

Re: Good marketing Good idea..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give us the old gree View Post
ASDA Accrington – Saturday 28th March 2009
Accrington Stanley FC will be hosting a season ticket launch event at Asda Accrington from 10am-4pm.

There will be a number of ASFC staff and members of the Supporters Group on hand promoting the fantastic 2009/10 season ticket prices. Goalkeeper, Kenny Arther, central midfielder, Andrew Procter and exciting winger, Chris Turner will be signing autographs from 10.00-10.30am before they set off to Rotherham for the 3pm kick off at the Don Valley stadium. Commercial Manager Dan Warburton added, “It’s a great opportunity for the club to get out and raise further awareness about the excellent season ticket prices in very busy Asda store on their busiest trading day of the week. The staff at Asda Accrington have been very supportive towards assisting in the club in the promotional activities we are undertaking and we will look to continue to partner with them in the future.”

So pass on the message to family and friends and we hope to see you over at Asda on Saturday.

Copied from Fishy..

This is what we have been short of ?? Get the players out and use them to help sell the club, this is a good positve for me. Keep it working get the players in the schools sell sell sell they wont come to us lets go to them.

Well done Dan Well done OSC
I second that Great move by the club .....

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 10:36   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

me n the boss just been in, well set up n presented.
Old 28-03-2009, 10:57   #4
God Member

I shall be going over soon to see whats what & see the response it creates but yes a great move by the club indeed.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 11:05   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
I shall be going over soon to see whats what & see the response it creates but yes a great move by the club indeed.
you should be ok, they aint got a football.
Old 28-03-2009, 11:36   #6
God Member

It's good that they listen, we also had a trailer at the beginning of the season advertising the new kit which could now be used as a moving billboard advertising the season tickets and parked up in locations around the borough

Ossy Millls would be another prime spot to set up as we already have use of part of it for merchandise etc

Accy Carnival coming up in June, let's get out and about and let folk know we exsisit

The Stanley Roadshow coming to a town near you soon, it's not as daft as it sound lot's of schools, churches, village fetes etc. during the Summer, we did it a few year back in Barrowford and most people commented on it!

From small acorns..........
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 11:53   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

thats a point pendle red, was told at the adsa that there is a marketing outlet ay ossy mills, after i asked a question about summat i wanted to purchase, had no idea at all was one up yon, we were in this last monday n never saw it, think the fact one is up yon should be promoted better, can't do any harm.
Old 28-03-2009, 12:13   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
It's good that they listen, we also had a trailer at the beginning of the season advertising the new kit which could now be used as a moving billboard advertising the season tickets and parked up in locations around the borough

Ossy Millls would be another prime spot to set up as we already have use of part of it for merchandise etc

Accy Carnival coming up in June, let's get out and about and let folk know we exsisit

The Stanley Roadshow coming to a town near you soon, it's not as daft as it sound lot's of schools, churches, village fetes etc. during the Summer, we did it a few year back in Barrowford and most people commented on it!

From small acorns..........
Should get an "Ultras" float .....

Billboard is a great idea !!!!!

Old 28-03-2009, 12:33   #9
Senior Member+

Agreed - this is a great idea. It's been suggested many times in the past and now the club is acting on it. Just a pity that they cannot spell the name of our own goalkeeper!
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 12:49   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Agreed - this is a great idea. It's been suggested many times in the past and now the club is acting on it. Just a pity that they cannot spell the name of our own goalkeeper!
If you notice in the programmes Craig has gone from Lindfield to Linfield That is just part of the Stanley attraction....

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 28-03-2009 at 12:50. Reason: Spelling
Old 28-03-2009, 16:50   #11
God Member

Well that was a good campaign, went up about 2pm, accymad & Toni were there with several hundreds of leaflets with the season ticket details & application forms. We gave out all of them to the many customers in asda, with only a small amount discarded so with that it was a good do, with some sign ups & paid applications. The trailer was nicely placed in the best location of asda advertising stanley tickets too, thanks to Toni's grandad.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 17:34   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
you should be ok, they aint got a football.

Naughty boy
Old 28-03-2009, 21:55   #13
Senior Member+

I saw the trailer go pass me on Whalley Road while walking the dog, looked pretty good and clear!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 18:05   #14
Junior Member+

Hey Ladies & Gentlemen....

First i would just like too thank Lesley, Niel, Mel (& Daughter), Diane & the lady who came towards the end (sorry i forgot your name) for the help i received on the promotion day at asda. Much appreciated and without you guys i would not have left ASDA with my sanity ) Also thanks to Kenny, Andy & Chris for their participationprior to travelling to Rotherham for the game.

We flogged all 700 leaflets and we hope that we get a good response from it. We exagerated too everyone thats "kids go FREE" which if i say did catch the attention. The sweets on show also did go down well with the youngsters (& myself of course).

The carnival idea is already in swing and i had a meeting myself with the organisers last week and we will be hoping to bring the players along aswell too tie in with what the Ultras are thinking of doing. So basically making us all as 1 for the day as really we all do follow the same club.

I have noted down the suggestions on here re advertising and i will look at them over this week and see what we can do to get Accrington Stanley in everyones eyes....

Thanks again to everyone who has helped me, and if anyone has any other ideas as to where could be a good idea for another Season Ticket Launch thing like ASDA then please do tell me.

Toni
lancashirelassz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 18:22   #15
God Member

Well done to all who helped, it seems like it could have been successful. good luck with the rest of the stuff Toni.

As for the other places to do a launch. You could try Tesco, Asda and Sainsburys in Burnley, and Tesco, Asda, Morrisons in Blackburn.
The three in Burnley should be favourites as we could steal the fans back, that were stolen from us 45 years ago.

Seriously though, Clitheroe and Haslingden/Rossendale valley should be fair game.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..