Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2008, 12:29   #31
Resting In Peace

Re: has any1 enjoyed this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Shaun Whalley?
I thought that Shaun Whalley came from Witton Albion - Unibond Premier Division, not Conference North
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-05-2008, 13:35   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Yes and no...many of the home games have been lacklustre, to say the least, but that's made the occasional victory (Chester and Rotherham away, the Daggers at home) all the sweeter. But, like Haz66, it's not just the game itself, it's what goes with it that I've enjoyed, the craic in the pub with my mates before the match, the atmosphere on the roofed Clayton End which, despite some of the performances, has been magic at times, thanks to the Ultras. Some of the experiences I've had on my little awayday trips, too...going in the roughest pub in the world in Rotherham (and surviving), admiring the "scenery" in Hooters Bar in Nottingham and lots more. And most of all, I've enjoyed the quiet satisfaction of being a football league fan - a feeling I thought I'd never experience again.

Call me crazy if you want, but I'm actually looking forward to next season. Whatever you think of Coley and Jimmy they're staying and, personally, I reckon that even if we got a new manager in, he would struggle with the resources he has. The only way the club could go forward is if Eric sells to someone with more financial clout, but he seems determined to stay, so there's no point in even worrying about it. Whatever the future holds, I'm just going to enjoy next season and take each match as it comes. Now I must go and check on the directions for that great little real ale pub near Port Vale's ground...

What an excellent post - and I share both yours and Haz 66's view of why it is so much fun to go to a match on Saturdays, even though what actually happens to Stanley on the pitch may not always be to our liking ! For me, Stanley-watching last season on the two occasions I did get to away matches (at MK Dons and Brentford) was an unmitigated disaster - one goal scored and eight conceded - but it was still fun with all the banter from supporters, even though it was a miserable wet day at MK Dons and freezing cold at Brentford !

At least next season, I should hopefully be able to make the games at Wycombe, Barnet and Dagenham again, as well as a return trip to Brentford,and now that Aldershot have returned to the League, this becomes my closest fixture yet ! However, I do seriously worry that given our defensive frailties, it might well prove to be third season unlucky, and I'm sure that bookmakers will have us amongst the favourites to go down.

I really hope I am wrong - I usually am - but whatever happens, have a great summer everyone and see you next season !
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 19:27   #33
Senior Member+

Yes....If only to watch, both home and away, the 100% efforts put in EVERY TIME by the most genuine player in the entire Football League.
I don't think anyone will disagree with this assessment and will join me in not only praising
PAUL MULLIN'S Skills and application shown in the most difficult position in League 2...
as the Stanley's lead (and often ONLY!) Striker...but also wish him all the very best of
Good Luck and even better Health for the coming season !.

THERE SURELY IS 'ONLY ONE PAUL MULLIN !'

What me worry ????.....not with Paul around I don't
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 21:26   #34

Here here Yonmon

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..