Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2008, 07:38   #1

has any1 enjoyed this season?

I havnt , its been painful to watch . not many good points apart fron beating morecambe and winning me cash . I havnt looked forward to going to FES at all , but il be there next season and hope to get the old butterflies in the gut when i park up and see the floodlights .
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2008, 07:40   #2
Senior Member+

Re: has any1 enjoyed this season?

Went yesterday and it was a joke, i cant believe people pay to keep on coming back to watch that dross.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:49   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechemode
has any1 enjoyed this season?
Coleman. He's somehow kept his job. I wonder if he could be reported to the Fraud Squad for obtaining money under false pretences?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:35   #4

I`ve enjoyed it but not for whats happened on the pitch, i just enjoy the day out and meeting other fans, i always look forward to Saturdays when Accy are at home and the occasional away match, we somehow managed to survive yet again and it doesn`t matter how we did it (a wing and a prayer really) we can all at least look forward to a new season knowing we will be playing league football, things as they say can only get better, so god willing, i`ll see you all next season, have a good summer everyone and lets hope we can attract a few players that will turn things around for us.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:59   #5

In retrospect this will be seen as the season when we were defensively exposed. We do not have a defence that can hold on and get a draw. Look at the table , a dozen more draws would seen us in mid table.
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:11   #6
Super Moderator

Yes and no...many of the home games have been lacklustre, to say the least, but that's made the occasional victory (Chester and Rotherham away, the Daggers at home) all the sweeter. But, like Haz66, it's not just the game itself, it's what goes with it that I've enjoyed, the craic in the pub with my mates before the match, the atmosphere on the roofed Clayton End which, despite some of the performances, has been magic at times, thanks to the Ultras. Some of the experiences I've had on my little awayday trips, too...going in the roughest pub in the world in Rotherham (and surviving), admiring the "scenery" in Hooters Bar in Nottingham and lots more. And most of all, I've enjoyed the quiet satisfaction of being a football league fan - a feeling I thought I'd never experience again.

Call me crazy if you want, but I'm actually looking forward to next season. Whatever you think of Coley and Jimmy they're staying and, personally, I reckon that even if we got a new manager in, he would struggle with the resources he has. The only way the club could go forward is if Eric sells to someone with more financial clout, but he seems determined to stay, so there's no point in even worrying about it. Whatever the future holds, I'm just going to enjoy next season and take each match as it comes. Now I must go and check on the directions for that great little real ale pub near Port Vale's ground...
Old 04-05-2008, 09:45   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Went yesterday and it was a joke, i cant believe people pay to keep on coming back to watch that dross.

must admit for the 1st time it wasnt coleys fault in my opinion.

We had 5 clear chances and didnt score 1.

They had 3 chances and scored twice, THAT was the DIFFERENCE
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:17   #8
Senior Member+

oh and 2 words

ANDY BISHOP
Old 04-05-2008, 10:18   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post

Finishing is a must for next season some of our were poor.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:20   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Finishing is a must for next season some of our were poor.

i agree................

2 words again

Roscoe Dsane
Old 04-05-2008, 10:56   #11
God Member

Quote:

True point & glad we watched the same match yep that describes it well, coley was fuming because they should of scored & disbeleif, dont know what up with our nets at either end as when a stanley player shoots towards it - it dont go in, there must be some force field or something

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:08   #12
God Member

Quote:
i agree................

2 words again

Roscoe Dsane

I'm confused. If Roscoe was so good which rival football league club did he get shipped out to ?
Old 04-05-2008, 11:41   #13
Senior Member+

he was actually a good finisher unlike any1 in the club now
Old 04-05-2008, 12:13   #14
Senior Member+

How many one-on-ones did he miss? Loads of them!

I do agree that we have missed a Dsane type striker and it's had an impact on our season. Someone to play off Mullin and with a bit of pace is essential for next season. The thing is, every manager in the country is looking for the same thing and Stanley aren't really in a position to compete.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:18   #15
Senior Member+

I haven't enjoyed many games at all this season. As I've said loads of times, it's not the losing that gets to me (although it doesn't help), it's the way we've played that makes me feel as though I've wasted my time.

I enjoy the social aspect of the games, but the stuff on the pitch has been dire.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..