Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2010, 08:37   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Hereford Match Thread

Plus the crap pitch dont seem no worse to me, than it was 2/3 months ago,when the lads were playing some damn good football.
Old 19-04-2010, 09:07   #62
Senior Member+

Sorry cashman but i disagree with you , how many teams have come to Acci and played them off the park by playing from the back ? not many if any.
Indeed both Notts county and Rochdale and Bury changed there tatics half way through the game and went direct which resulted in getting 3 points.
Viewing the pitch from the side lines is different from actually playing on it.
It was comical on saturday watching both teams warming up,the ball was bouncing in all directions even messi would have struggled on the pitch, higher league clubs water the pitches before,and at half time to try and avoid making a mockery of trying to play entertaining football
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2010, 09:09   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Then how were we playing the good stuff a couple of months back?
Old 19-04-2010, 09:39   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Rochdale is a good un to mention. we saw 2 good sides one who has been chasing promotion all season, we saw a good match,on that crap pitch, came away disapointed, but not upset or annoyed, general concensus was the best team on day won, seen quite a few good displays at home from stanley this season, no-one seems to blame the crap pitch fer that? beats the hell outa me.
Old 19-04-2010, 09:47   #65
Senior Member+

True, they were playing decent football when the pitch was dead /wet and not as lively,but things seemed to derail after the fulham game.
wheither some players thought they were better than they are after competing with prem players i dont know,but when we were playing well we were defending from the front,and getting possession in the oppositions third of the field.
Other teams may have picked up on this and play more direct against us.
This results in Putting the defence under an ariel threat and really only kempo has that physical presence to try and deal with it.
A must is for a holding /ball winning midfielder with a physical precence who can screen the centre backs as well as midfield runners.
I was impressed with the coloured lad of port vale who bullied proctor as well as not losing an header all game and not allowing the ball to get to symes feet.
It just takes the pressure off your defenders and allows them to look to get forward in the knowledge someone will fill in if the play breaks down
Old 19-04-2010, 12:36   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Everybody seems to be missing the main reason why things have gone pear shaped - THE PITCH !! - Since feb the coaching staff have obviously decided to play the game in the opposions half ( rightly so ) by getting the ball forward and hunting mistakes, unfortunatley they have not got the personnel to play this way
The team has good players on the ball ,but when the opposition have the ball are not as effective.
Make your mind up. Is it the pitch or is the the lack of suitable personnel?

It seems to me you are neither watching the game nor reading these posts. Several people have commented on the poor pitch - read the posts again.

If you are correct in saying that the coaching staff have changed tactics since February, why should they have done that? We won 9 out of 12 matches between 1 December and 6 February. Why on earth change winning tactics?

Why do you say "the team has good players on the ball"? Most people are saying exactly the opposite. Our players treat the ball like a hot potato.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2010, 13:09   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post

It seems to me you are neither watching the game nor reading these posts. Several people have commented on the poor pitch - read the posts again.

If you are correct in saying that the coaching staff have changed tactics since February, why should they have done that? We won 9 out of 12 matches between 1 December and 6 February. Why on earth change winning tactics?

Why do you say "the team has good players on the ball"? Most people are saying exactly the opposite. Our players treat the ball like a hot potato.
good post mate, seems to me some folk are too diplomatic, or make excuses, dont understand or know which. me i say things as i see em, aint always right, but think if more folk did, things in life in general would be much better.
Old 19-04-2010, 13:12   #68
God Member

Quote:
Sorry cashman but i disagree with you , how many teams have come to Acci and played them off the park by playing from the back ? not many if any.
Indeed both Notts county and Rochdale and Bury changed there tatics half way through the game and went direct which resulted in getting 3 points.
It was comical on saturday watching both teams warming up,the ball was bouncing in all directions even messi would have struggled on the pitch, higher league clubs water the pitches before,and at half time to try and avoid making a mockery of trying to play entertaining football
But doesnt prove a thing because opposition players still manage to find the back of the net & win balls, techincally stanley should be fairing better as its their home pitch

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2010, 14:33   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post

In-correct on the first point,as i have only missed four games home and away all season,secondly my posts are based on my observations during these games.
I go to watch both teams playing football not just acci,so i dont get as emotionally involved like other posters.
I am not coaching at the moment but have my level 2 badge,and enjoy the technical side of two coaches pitting they wits against each other.
After 50 games you can see the stronger older more experienced players start having a greater impact in games ( its playing for a new contract time )
Proctor is a key figure for acci in terms of ball winning and physical presence and he will admit not being at his best for a while.
joyce,ryan,and miles are good footballers but not ball winners which the team needs when things arent going there way
Old 19-04-2010, 14:46   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

ok yer in to coaching, well tell me if ya see what i see every match? agree that procter is a ball winner, but every time 2 stanley players go to win a ball at the same time, 1 is always procter, that simple thing messes things up big time frequently, or are we not watching the same matches.
Old 19-04-2010, 14:55   #71
God Member

Quote:
Everybody seems to be missing the main reason why things have gone pear shaped - THE PITCH !! - Since feb the coaching staff have obviously decided to play the game in the opposions half ( rightly so ) by getting the ball forward and hunting mistakes, unfortunatley they have not got the personnel to play this way
The team has good players on the ball ,but when the opposition have the ball are not as effective ( who are the ball winning competitive midfielders in midfield with a physical presence ? which forwards are consistantly giving centre halfs a physical battle ? , Its these areas that if not addressed just invites pressure and will end up fighting a uphill battle.
If the pitch was half decent i am sure Acci wouldnt have to play this way and would easily pass there way through and around teams.
Someone also mentioned about the more experienced players standing up and taking the lead which is a valid point , but even these are subject to a dip in form
How does that work mate, we have played some games away!!!!

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2010, 15:04   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I go to watch both teams playing football not just acci,so i dont get as emotionally involved like other posters.
well to be honest i think yer n arrogant git, to suggest others don't go to watch both teams,
Old 19-04-2010, 17:23   #73
God Member

Quote:

It must be hard on the two keepers warming up together without any coach anywhere near them, they do their best but I am sure they would benefit even if somebody came in part time to help them out.

I am sure you could help there if your Level 2 in coaching?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 19-04-2010 at 17:29.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2010, 17:39   #74
God Member

you touting for a job?
Old 19-04-2010, 17:54   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
you touting for a job?
Me no enough on my plate at Holt House at the mo

Although come the end of the season I may be approachable

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..