Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2007, 21:36   #1
Senior Member+

Highlights Of 2007

Whats your Accrington Stanley highlight of this year?

I have 2

The first one has to be our first league game , after the season before i was very worried about going away especially to wycombe , however we won 1-0 !

Antoher highlight has to be the roof , its money well spent and the noise is even more electric then ever!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2007, 21:44   #2
God Member

Re: Highlights Of 2007

Aye the roof has to be definately one a long waiting one

2/ Harwood red wiping kids out & was shown on championship - sorry HR but i could still watch that peeing myself laughing, best of it i was stood near & missed that she done it too

I have a lot of fav moments - thats being a stanley fan, never a dull moment

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 21:53   #3
God Member

HR's face when the third goal went in at Bradford! moaning at me cos we didn't go and watching it come through on Sky Sports News.

Wacking Grimsby at home!

Hearing that Craney was on his way back

First 45 mins at Bury - Craney's return and he put in a virtuoso performance
Old 30-12-2007, 22:46   #4
God Member

Ok right now I think SM and Macca are ganging up on me and noting 2 of my lowlights of 2007...not fair!!

Oh and how I will not be allowed to forget the kids incident...note none ever stand in front of me anymore

Crikey there are so many things I could mention, roof def being one of them... eric's face when we told him how much the heritage fund had awarded to the OSC.... Maccas face when the 3rd goal went in at Bradford .... the relief at the end of last season when we knew we were safe from relegation .... being piddled for the first time at a footy match and not getting thrown out .... getting shouted at 3am in the morning in middle of accy by some weird scottish keeper never to wear the elliott shirt again (I know strange highlight) .... and all the goals scored by stanley in the clayton end goal - errr there have been some haven't there???

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 23:09   #5
Senior Member+

The busses to Rochdale, felt like Accrington on a day out.

Also, Leam Richardson warming up at half-time in that match.

Lowlight (although I didn't know it at the time) - July 10th.

(Is black and white the new yellow?)

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 23:41   #6
God Member

having the roof thats the best one imagine losing all them games getting wet.weve sorted out the roof ,the away form now just the home formbury away apart from last 20 mins...
not very many good highlights this year{season] escaping relegation was a top one .buses to rochdale [was that this year seems like ages ago**.i suppose the first highlight of next year will be beating them yorkshire chavs thought they had taken my bananas away
Old 31-12-2007, 06:59   #7
Super Moderator

Beating Macc and knowing that we would still be playing league football next season.

Friday nights on the Clayton End - magic atmosphere under the roof, go into the Crown and get ratted afterwards, stagger across the road to the Norwood and get home on Saturday morning in time to take Mrs H out for the day...love it!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..