Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 00:01   #1
Senior Member+

Smile Ian Dunbavin

has been much maligned for many a season BUT how fantastic has he been over the last 12 months. To me becoming a Stanley legend between the sticks. Game after game he has kept us in there and Morecambe capped it all on the head and surely think he deserves the praise for such performances and whilst we can always eulogise over Robbie Elliott and Kenny Arthur who were both great keepers I feel we should also laud Bavs for his brilliant shot shop stopping,desire to play for us and eventual ability to produce on a match by match basis
cheers bavs!
Old 09-11-2012, 01:21   #2
I am Banned

Re: Ian Dunbavin

must have been a good keeper at liverpool f.c he never made the 1st team,an average keeper who just happens to have a good day once in a while,does not command his box and is crap at coming for crosses,the best keeper we ever had was Rob Mulloy from crosshills fc,and a close 2nd maybe Rob Elliot. The worst one no doubt in my mind Stevce Berryman,cost us the cup final.

Last edited by alan7554; 09-11-2012 at 01:21. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 09-11-2012, 07:59   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan7554 View Post
must have been a good keeper at liverpool f.c he never made the 1st team,an average keeper who just happens to have a good day once in a while,does not command his box and is crap at coming for crosses,the best keeper we ever had was Rob Mulloy from crosshills fc,and a close 2nd maybe Rob Elliot. The worst one no doubt in my mind Stevce Berryman,cost us the cup final.
Those comments may have been said of Bavs when he first came but it's quite obvious you have not seen him play in a long, long time or you would not have posted such drivel, how anyone can possibly have such opinions about players they hardly see is beyond me
Old 09-11-2012, 10:30   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan7554 View Post
The view from Bangkok must not be very clear. And it looks as though the reports of other games is not reaching you out there. Check the number of MoMs for Bavs this season. Read the comments on several games, especially Torquay.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:17   #5
God Member

I've been one of Dunbavin's critics in the past but, as the first post suggested, in the last 18 months he has improved immeasurably. Yes, it would be good if he could come and claim crosses with more conviction, but maybe that's because he's a good shot stopper (he gets enough practice). Overall, he's earning his keep for Stanley.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:56   #6
Senior Member+

Not sure what Alan is talking about, must be all those ladyboys !!

No doubt Bav's is having his best ever season in a Stanley shirt for me. Also great to see young Dawber being firmly in the first team picture.
Old 09-11-2012, 13:21   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Not sure what Alan is talking about, must be all those ladyboys
Steady on, Smudgie!
Old 09-11-2012, 14:18   #8
I am Banned

what i said is based on what i have seen of bavs over his time at stanley and every one is entitled to their opinion,i have noted that he has improved over the last 2 seasons even saving a penalty at morecambe,yes i do read the match reports even here in bangkok,but i still say he does not command his box well,and in my opinion is not as good as some of the keepers we have had,
Old 09-11-2012, 15:00   #9
God Member

Rob Mulloy was fantastic for such a young 'un when he first played for us, really good for that level.

Bavs for me is up there in the legend (modern version of it) status though. His performances haven't always been the greatest and some of his mis-kick concedings deserve a Danny Bakeresque DVD all of their own. But he has a fantastic personality and always been a pro-Stanley player, unlike many others. This season his performances are worthy of him being a number one and if he continues he will win player of the year without a shadow of a doubt.

Ledge
Old 09-11-2012, 15:32   #10
God Member

Been every home game + 4 away this season and Bavs has had a good game in every one never stopped shouting at his teammates at Morecambe 10 out of 10 performance for me in what was a superb game to watch.
Old 09-11-2012, 17:44   #11

Loved his reaction during the Rochdsle game when they scored their 3rd and winning goal.

He was absolutely furious with himself, the team, the ball, the ref, the lino. You name it, he was angry with it.

Good to see passion like that.
Old 09-11-2012, 20:45   #12
Super Moderator

Sorry should have closed this theard.

Those that know Bavo will understand that he is a lucky guy AND a very hard working pro.

He loves ASFC and respects the true fans!!

Pls give him and Leam (sorry gaffer) the reception they deserve tomorrow!
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..